Need to crash my computer. Permanently

yeah, turning off the fan could be the best idea.

that way it looks like it over heated - and that is a natural cause of death

584895855[/snapback]

I seriously dont think it would do anything taking the HSF off :/ I have had all systems before like Penitum 1,2,3 before mine now and those older Intel Pentiums (not P4) run well we no HSF attached they get hot but dont die.

Like I said before just interupt the BIOS Flash process quick and simple (Y)

disconnect all fans including the heatsink. run the system. microwave the Hard drive. and when in doubt overclock it to death to ensure it kills the system along with no adequate cooling.

Put all your fleece clothes on, then run around the house dragging your feet on the floor. Open your computer, then put your hand inside and touch the mainboard, cpu, and video card. Something is bound to die from static. :p

well first of all, putting an HD (metal) in the microwave for 5 minutes ???? the first thing that will accomplish is starting a fire in your kitchen, and that would kinda leave some evidence of foul play dont you think, I mean when the kitchen is burnt to hell, I dont think getting you a new computer will be on your parents list of things to do...

If you want to screw up your computer, its simple - take your mobo out, with the CPU still in it, and drag your feet around the carpet some electrostatic discharge will wipe those suckers out everytime, believe me ....I know.

Or while the computer is on, take off one of the side panels, unplug some of the peripheral components and plug them back in, it should create a short that will fry it good, you dont want to leave burn marks all over the thing. Any pc tech will know the difference between a short and sticking a cigarette lighter to it.

But please, keep the HD out of the microwave... that is completely moronic - the suggestion is obviously from someone that hasnt ever forgotten to take off the aluminum foil when warming something up, after about 5 secs, it the 4th of July inside....

even 5 year old CPU have temp fail-safes in the BIOS, so if youre gonna try and fry via heat, besure to disable temp/fan monitoring in the BIOS< which will probably be next to impossible since those crappy propietary comps like Dell, HP, Compaq, etc all have the BIOS jacked so you dont have access to crap...

obviously from someone that hasnt ever forgotten to take off the aluminum foil when warming something up, after about 5 secs, it the 4th of July inside....

584895884[/snapback]

have you stuck a CD in the microwave before? THATS fourth of july!! (my phys teacher suggested it back in the day)

have you stuck a CD in the microwave before?  THATS fourth of july!! (my phys teacher suggested it back in the day)

584895893[/snapback]

yeah Ive seen that done @ a party once, man those things spark like crazy-- guess its the photosensitive cotaing on those things or something - LOL yeah its pretty cool :yes:

yeah getting a job would be the most noble solution... but thats not any fun!:D

I personally have fried a power supply by forgetting to move a bracket to the right spot when installing a mobo, in turn shorting out a low voltage on the power supply. im just fortunate it didnt short out my mobo :cool: .... mabye if you took some tinfoil to bridge some connections :shifty: you may not be as lucky as i was :rolleyes:

Whats 4th of July :huh:

584895903[/snapback]

a U.S. holiday which celebrates the day we Declared our Independence from jolly 'Ol England, and being under the tyrannic rule of the King back in 1776. Every July 4th is celebrated with parties and fireworks, barbecues, everyone wearing patriotic clothing (somewhat)- every national holiday took on more meaning here after 9/11.

a U.S. holiday which celebrates the day we Declared our Independence from jolly 'Ol England, and being under the tyrannic rule of the King back in 1776.  Every July 4th is celebrated with parties and fireworks, barbecues, everyone wearing patriotic clothing (somewhat)- every national holiday took on more meaning here after 9/11.

584895938[/snapback]

Ok cool, thanks for explaining this to me cause I had no idea, I have heard it in heaps of Amerian movies too just no idea what it was lol

:)

overclock into the middle of next year, take off heatsink anf fan, disable temp sensors/shutoffs. and stick it next to one of those blower heaters.

Should kill it fairly well.

well first of all, putting an HD (metal) in the microwave for 5 minutes ???? the first thing that will accomplish is starting a fire in your kitchen, .

the suggestion is obviously from someone that hasnt ever forgotten to take off the aluminum foil when warming something up, after about 5 secs, it the 4th of July inside....

584895884[/snapback]

please notice I said "in a container"

this way it afoids spreading the fire - and maybe not 5min... jsut until you hear it 'crack' - LOL

but realisticly, ether overheating of static is your best go - they are both 'natural' causes and all eave real evidence.

Do this in THIS order:

Unplug your CPU fan cable, goto bios and turn off the CPU warning now boot to windows launch some game the CPU will fry.

Now turn off the computer and put a magnit on your HDD thats now fudged.

Now build up static electricity in your body (drag your feet around your carpet room for like a few mins) then needlessly touch your motherboard.

And there you go.

Why not just start a BIOS update, and then turn off the computer while it's flashing the new BIOS? On a Dell, usually the only way to recover is to replace the motherboard.

how about this...get a job.

584895883[/snapback]

I didn't want to be the one to say it, but this way they'll flame you, the user with two posts. ;)