280 members have voted

1. 1. Do you belive in an afterlife?

• Yes - When we die, we go to heaven/equivalent
    • Yes - When we die, we are reincarnated
    • Maybe - I want to belive there's an afterlife
    • I don't know
    • No - When we die, that's it.
    • Other (Specify below)

Now, why would Allah (he indeed isn't the same as the Christian God as some may think) reward you when you prayed a selfish prayer?  Good works won't get you anywhere if you do it for the wrong reasons.

Do I believe in an afterlife?  Yes.

People who say "no" obviously don't know because they haven't died yet.  All you can say is maybe there is, maybe there isn't.

584944841[/snapback]

You are dead???!!! :woot: :woot:

If we were gullible we'd believe. Is that what you mean?

How can anybody believe in something when there's no proof of its existence? And don't give me that "faith" argument. I have faith in a lot of things (nothing religious, just possible things that could happen in my life), but those things have some sort of evidence that they will indeed happen. Blind belief just doesn't work for me.

584944829[/snapback]

Oh you mean, we should believe the scientists who are always factual and never lie? What a joke. Even the brilliant Stephen Hawking fudges his math to make his equations work when they point to a creator existing. Now that isn't what I would call science or the search for truth. That would be making the science fit what you want to think is the truth even when the truth is starring you in the face. Being ignorant of the truth (factual or not) is one of the biggest reasons people don't believe in God in my opinion.

What people need to do before opening their ignorant mouths is to actually do their own research. But they won't because then they may actually learn something and who wants to do that? (It's obvious to me that we can't research the afterlife in a physical factual way. I am referring to the quote).

Edited by Jstphish

betafreakur totally right, Jstphish i'm not being selfish but god told ppl that they can ask him anything they want, and since i pray for him i have the right to pray...

As for the believing part, do u believe in air for example??? things shouldnt be right in front of you in order to believe in them, they are called abstract. Do you think the Quraan, bible, injeel... The mosque in saudi arabia, and a lots of mroe are all fake ur jsut stories?there should be evidence there should be logic, the world should start from one poin which is god when he created us there is no evolution darwin's theory was really really wrong! why whne u were a baby u arent born as an ape? god is ur only choice in believing, im not trying to change ur opinion, but i believe that a person without a relgion doesnt have anything to live for.

i believe in the day of judgment, and heaven & hell. when we die our soul will be ressurected on the day of judgement , where we will have to answer for every second of our lives to God. according to our good deeds and sins we will be either sent to heaven or hell..

:yes:

betafreakur totally right, Jstphish i'm not being selfish but god told ppl that they can ask him anything they want, and since i pray for him i have the right to pray...

As for the believing part, do u believe in air for example??? things shouldnt be right in front of you in order to believe in them, they are called abstract. Do you think the Quraan, bible, injeel... The mosque in saudi arabia, and a lots of mroe are all fake ur jsut stories?there should be evidence there should be logic, the world should start from one poin which is god when he created us there is no evolution darwin's theory was really really wrong! why whne u were a baby u arent born as an ape? god is ur only choice in believing, im not trying to change ur opinion, but i believe that a person without a relgion doesnt have anything to live for.

584944893[/snapback]

*Get ready, I am about to offend you*

I'm not saying you shouldn't pray, don't get me wrong. What I am saying is that Allah isn't the true God and that makes the Quaaran false as well. The God of the Bible teaches to not pray a selfish prayer but to be humble and pray to do His Will (on a very basic level).

On a side note: I also don't believe in macro-evolution (Darwins theory) (micro-evolution is a known fact) as there is absolutely no evidence to support it. Actually there is a lot of evidence against it.

Personally I think we go to an equivelant of heaven. Here we are like a spirit and can either live like this or decide to return to the world and give it another try. The reason for the world is to learn and develop. Those who do bad things, such as murder, do not get a chance to return to this spirit world but instead are reincarnated in what we call "the world." They are reincarnated as whatever, maybe a pig, a fly, or a bird, but eventually will be given a chance to be human again and try it the right way. This process keeps happening until they get it right.

People such as Hitler will be reincarnated many many times.

There is a women who wrote a book about this and it actually makes alot of sense, I suggest you take a look. I can't remember her name, but when I do I will post it.

Either way, when we die we either go somewhere else or we just die and it really won't matter because we won't know we are dead.

In addition... everyone has their own beliefs, do not force yours upon them just because you do not agree with their belief. This is just unneccessary and gets us no where.

I say this because where I live, in Vancouver B.C., there is a group of Christians that stand on busy street corners with huge signs saying "Hell awaits you! Save yourself and read the bible." I don't mind if people want to spread their religion by handing out flyers or whatever, but when it comes to this kind of behaviour it reflects very poorly on the Christian religion. People should not be threatened into believing in a religion, instead they should be encouraged and embraced. Why not state the positives about a religion, rather than stating the negatives about not being part of a religion.

Just something for you all to think about, please do not be offended in any way, I certainly did not intend to do so.

well i'm a muslim, there is no such thing as a selfish prayer, besides christians are really friendly and good but there is one wrong thing they beleive in. Jesus isnt the sone of god, it was a mircal who created him, since god created life & planets could he make a child withouht w man in need?

fall3n, i wont change ur opinion just saying mine, besides those christians ppl that says this they will go to hell, ppl shouldm't be threatened they should decide for thereselves :yes:

I say this because where I live, in Vancouver B.C., there is a group of Christians that stand on busy street corners with huge signs saying "Hell awaits you! Save yourself and read the bible." I don't mind if people want to spread their religion by handing out flyers or whatever, but when it comes to this kind of behaviour it reflects very poorly on the Christian religion. People should not be threatened into believing in a religion, instead they should be encouraged and embraced. Why not state the positives about a religion, rather than stating the negatives about not being part of a religion.

584944959[/snapback]

You are exactly right, when Christians force Christianity upon anyone they will always be pushed away from it. That isn't the way to go about spreading the good news.

As for reincarnation, it just isn't logical. If everyone gets unlimited chances to become a spirit then everyone will in the end. That just doesn't make sense. There is good and bad and if that is the case then there has to be punishment in an afterlife.

so in other words you believe non-christians will go to hell? No offense, because you must be Christian, but this is a rather negative way at looking at the world.

Sorry, I see what you are saying now. Your previous post had errors in it and I presumed you were Christian.

As a geneticist, I really can't believe the level of stupidity some of you demonstrate. No evidence for macroevolution? I'm not even going to honour that with an answer.

Don't ever talk about going and doing your own research when you spew ignorant babble like that.

You people make me sick.

so in other words you believe non-christians will go to hell? No offense, because you must be Christian, but this is a rather negative way at looking at the world.

584944993[/snapback]

None taken and yes I am a Christian. But I have also done a lot of research about religions and the world in general so my faith is based on the Bible and actual FACTS (things we know to be true for everyone - absolute truths).

I do have a negative view of the "world" (meaning worldy people) but I alsosee the hope that everyone has and that is beautiful.

look u should be a christian or a muslim or jewish to go to heaven, if u believ in god and the judgment day do good deeds, god is only one and doesnt have a partner,and mohmmad is his prohpet, and sometimes you pray, and read god's book than i you'll go to heaven :yes:

in fact there is, after you die you will see what is going to happen to you wether you go to hell or to heaven, you'll stay there until judgement day appears, when your in grave the time willl pass really fast as if ur sleeping, than when judgement day starts, an angel will blow his horn 1 time all ppl will die, than 2 horn al the ppl we'll be alive, than the judgment starts whether you go to hell or heaven, and this is a fact...

584944510[/snapback]

please provide some proof :rolleyes:

well rigput, there are many for example the holy quraan book...

584945050[/snapback]

yes a book written by man, we all know its a fact now. i just read lord of the rings, does that mean we are all gonna go join the elves in following a ring?

As for reincarnation, it just isn't logical.  If everyone gets unlimited chances to become a spirit then everyone will in the end.  That just doesn't make sense.  There is good and bad and if that is the case then there has to be punishment in an afterlife.

584944987[/snapback]

But that's what I'm getting at. I'm saying that Earth technically is hell, it's just what we do here that depends on if it will remain hell. I also forgot to mention that this reincarnation includes a set path. Like when we decide to go back to earth we create a life path for ourselves that has verious decision points. We know when we are on the correct path when we have dejavu. All of this info is in a book, I am just trying to remember the title. It was my friend who introduced me to this idea.

stpark6985, im not saying that someone else is wrong and only my n opinoin is right is! u have the right to beleive or not im just saying the way i think for god's sake man

But that's what I'm getting at. I'm saying that Earth technically is hell, it's just what we do here that depends on if it will remain hell. I also forgot to mention that this reincarnation includes a set path. Like when we decide to go back to earth we create a life path for ourselves that has verious decision points. We know when we are on the correct path when we have dejavu. All of this info is in a book, I am just trying to remember the title. It was my friend who introduced me to this idea.

584945059[/snapback]

i like that idea, and at some points i could see it being true. i don't know what i believe at this time tho, i'm trying to decide atm

Thats the thing with religion. There is no proof. People believe in religion because they need something to believe in, it makes them feel like they are apart of something.

All I can say is it doesn't matter what your religion is. As long as you believe in good things that positivley effect the world then you can believe that we will all ride on purple elephants when we die. Rather than seperate from each other, we should unite and support everyones beliefs. I say this because throughout all of man kind religious beliefs have caused more wars and hatred then anything.

Miran, perhaps you could learn something from this.

i like that idea, and at some points i could see it being true.  i don't know what i believe at this time tho, i'm trying to decide atm

584945071[/snapback]

Don't worry, I don't have a religion either. Instead I have beliefs. I'm sure you also have beliefs.

well rigput, there are many for example the holy quraan book...

584945050[/snapback]

Do you not understand the words that im typing, Proof os Proof . Example is Example. There is a difference.

I grew up Catholic, and was told all this miracle ,saints and angel stuff. and you couldnt do this or listen to this.

Then there was talk about Oh god loves you, But then the next second was like god is gonna end the world because of all the bad people. Fok dat crap, after attending countless funerals. and seeing friends die left and right along with family members. I gave up on the whole religion crap. All throughout history it has caused nothing but Wars. and for what? can you answer that oh mr genius?

If i was to believe in any type of religion it would be Buddhism, Because thats a way of life IMHO . They dont blow themselves up they dont stand on the street trying to cram there beliefs down your throat. and they sure as hell dont go door to door and wake your ass up when your trying to sleep in after a night of smoking some fine greenery and drinking some Fat tire ale.