very useful website

Question

So, its a Friday, and i'm bored. So, i thought why not do somthing to help others, fair enough i thought, but what?

No iv'e decided for it to be a website, and i know search engines and things to help people find information(eg. directorys) are useful, but there are already loads around.

So, can you help me think of a useful service(one that is legal)?

Got a nice clean look. Other freeware sites always seem cluttered to me i.e. nonags, freewarehome etc. If you can keep it clean then it will be a good addition.

sounds like a good idea.

A nice clean freeware site, that isn't out to make a buck by having banner ads and pop up crap. and not spyware crap either please.

If you keep it simple, and suitable for noobs like my mum for example then it should have a good flow of traffic.

Bit of search engine work and you'd be sorted. You've got the XHTML on the way already, good work. Maybe a few more Hx tags instead of <b> and I'd have given you 8/10 already.

Keep it up!

I'll help you manage this if you want. Also I can provide temporary hosting also.

EDIT: hmmm...PHP eh....I'll see what I can do.

I like header tags, but to make them smaller you need to use a stylesheet to change it, which is no problem at all, i already do that to big header tags. Its just that <b> is easier :D.

I am thinking about paid hosting if the site gets popular. i would probabily go with 1asnd1.co.uk ive heard alot of good things about that host.

Sorry about the server being down quite alot, i need to sleep! Also anyone living in America is about 5-8 hours behind me(GMT) so, server is off by about 6pm.

I guess listing freeware alternatives for commercial programs is something you could devote yourself to, and something I would use if it was done nicely and completely :yes:

584992421[/snapback]

Sounds like a great Idea

Edit: Just found a spelling-error on the website "Categorys" should be "Categories". At least I think so :)

Edit2: The only page that says "categorys" seems to be the front page.

Edited by Rabbai

Users can post links and will be reviewed by an admin(me.

Unfortunatly the database is not yet created, there is a notice on the index page tellibng users that.

Looks ok.

But you're gonna need to use so tricks/alt css to kick IE's lame ass into gear as it breaks in IE atm.

If you want some 'live' help / chat etc, check out some of the eu.undernet.org irc channels, like #html, #css, #webdesign and such like.

fb

I've added your new sig to my account, switch your server on more often or get some hosting. Try 1and1.co.uk, there very good!

585001338[/snapback]

Another good paid hosing service.... is MidPhase. Midphase.com decent prices and the domain name and renewal is free as long as you are their customer.