very useful website

Question

So, its a Friday, and i'm bored. So, i thought why not do somthing to help others, fair enough i thought, but what?

No iv'e decided for it to be a website, and i know search engines and things to help people find information(eg. directorys) are useful, but there are already loads around.

So, can you help me think of a useful service(one that is legal)?

Ok.

Domain names.

Ive already contact the owners of iota.org and iota.net, but i doubt they will let us have their names. So, we need a good domain name for iota(one that hasnt already been taken, duh), it has to be easily memorsied, doesnt have to suggest a direcotry, it would be anything. But n00bs have to be able to get to it easily.

I love them, especially the second one.

A quick search with 1and1.co.uk reveals that iotasearch.com is available, ill see wghat i can do.

(or if a kind member wants to get it for us) :D

I don't have enough money for IotaSearch.com, but when you use 1and1, if you don't use too much space, you can buy a small server for not much!

(I'm glad you liked my idea :D

Iv'e just been loking at oneandone for me and a friend. He wants to sell his paintings, so I thought of doing a site for it.

http://order.1and1.co.uk/xml/order/Hosting...3a?__frame=_top

does this option seem good? I'm know nothing about this stuff, but am more than willing to learn.

@timbernerslee, I like iotasearch.net. It has a good ring to it. Also, do you need someone to host your test? If so, I can setup a subdomain for you, give you ftp access. Just PM me timbernerslee

Christ this is an old thread. I was wondering who the person that came on my blog from iota page was.

Well, the project is kinda on hold, i havent done any coing for months now and i'm a busy person. Also, i'm concentrating on my blog for the time being. But, i'm thinking about doing some more work on it and will require people with reasonable php/mysql knowledge. PM me for my msn messenger addy if you want to offer your services.

EDIT: and yes i'm timbernerslee, just my name is changed.

Iv'e just been loking at oneandone for me and a friend.  He wants to sell his paintings, so I thought of doing a site for it.

http://order.1and1.co.uk/xml/order/Hosting...3a?__frame=_top

does this option seem good?  I'm know nothing about this stuff, but am more than willing to learn.

585024389[/snapback]

oneandone is okay, I guess, but you'd better tell them when you want to cancel your account as they will bill you for the following year without sending any advance notice. NOT my favourite company.