My MSN Messenger design

quite honestly, if you have the time it would only take a week or two to transform MSN7 into this... only problem i can see would be the tabs. If u like PM me and i can give you a few tips over MSN.

-The Unknown

I'm not a programmer, so I can't do it myself. If there are any programmers that would be interested in doing this... PM me and I'll send you the graphics you need. For now though, I'm just working on completing the mockup. And yes, the font is Segoe UI.

Ive had a quick go, just to see if its possible..

Ill give you a quick run down of what ive done (just ignore the other bits of hacking)

ive moved the toolbar buttons into a new element above the "inputarea" atom

ive unified all the buttons into one bar that is 71 pixels high (so they can be what ever size you want really)

ive tested what your top bar will look like, this is a bit off because it will actually need to be 56 pixels not 71 (anyone doing gfx can work on that)

the implications of this were that in order to hide the old toolbar i couldnt remove it.. that seemed to make it so convos would not start so i hid it so things like ink will not appear .. but ill work on that

Ill also move the "user is typing" section down out of there too and hide the bar there

Im not a gfx guy so icons etc.. I cannot do, so when and if you guys sort out the gfx I can re create this stuff for you (with all the normal buttons present)

what you see below is the crude little hack described above: (yes I know cutting out emails seems a bit defensive.. but they arent my accounts so im not going to show them)

edit: aaahh bugger i didnt totaly hide the toolbar.. its at =1 not =0 >_<

post-26925-1102155054_thumb.jpg

Edited by EnIgMa-PenGuIn

figured id update that picture as that one looked really bad...

this looks a little closer to it ;) (especially when im not using that default msn background >_< )

next up is getting rid of those frames around the display pictures and making them into something similar to the mock up

also...

the only way i can think of coloring that username text is by using the whole "emoticon text" idea, but we shall see

im going out now.. so "production" will be delayed a few hours (or untill i loose the up coming hangover)

edit: ill also deal with that send button (probably overlay a png)

post-26925-1102157819.png

Edited by EnIgMa-PenGuIn

Hmm... not bad, Penguin! I really think you're getting somewhere with this. I'm just not sure about the frames, around the actual conversation. I should have made them white, but I made them a bit darker with an inner shadow. That's Messenger 7, right? The icons are a bit nicer, and graphics are cleaner.

The screenshot on the first page is very poor quality... so I'll PM you the real stuff, okay?

Okay.

Yes that is msn 7 and since then I've re added in the icons i took out ;) and Ill look into those borders

ive added the "themes" button.. but getting it to function right is another story >_<

as for the files ..sounds good to me :D

figured id update that picture as that one looked really bad...

this looks a little closer to it ;) (especially when im not using that default msn background >_< )

next up is getting rid of those frames around the display pictures and making them into something similar to the mock up

also...

the only way i can think of coloring that username text is by using the whole "emoticon text" idea, but we shall see

im going out now.. so "production" will be delayed a few hours (or untill i loose the up coming hangover)

edit: ill also deal with that send button (probably overlay a png)

585039042[/snapback]

woo thats mee!!! :laugh:

anyways, nice lookin MSN window man!

its coming along, a few more changes have taken place.. but as far as the "skin" goes i need help from someone who is experienced with skining.

I cant figure out the png's I need to change and i dont have time to sort through all of them...

Progress report:

Well considering there isnt really anyone about who can help.. if continued to throw together a shonky job, its unfortunate that all I have to go off is the mock up image and thats causing some hassles :/ but heres what it looks like now : (Im going to get to the rounded edges on the chat and input sections next.. few teething problems there)

post-26925-1102222225.png

Yes I will be working on the contact list.. its just a matter ive finding everything I want to change.

But the probelm of graphics remains and Im still having a few problems adding the shaded rounded edges to the chat sections >_<