My MSN Messenger design

this is some nice ****... about the shadow around the chat window, i dont think its possible to do that without an external program that puts the shadow on all programs and explorer windows (i.e Y'z Shadow) but for all means keep looking for a way coz i dont really know that much about programming.

absolutely love the design tho keep up the good work ppl

p.s please send me beta :D i wont leak it (honest to god)

Well theres are really ways around anything if you try hard enough... Ive tried a few ways so far :/

The only option I really have left is to throw them both in new elements add some padding and set a background image (after removing the borders.. which ive done before anyways)

btw Its not really programing, its all resource hacking ;)

Changing the top and bottom windowframes to 0px might make it look better.

<element layout=borderlayout()>
  <png class="Chrome" layoutpos=left blendmode=7 isbackground=true idres=855 width=0/>
  <png class="Chrome" layoutpos=right blendmode=7 isbackground=true idres=856 width=0/>
  <png class="Chrome" layoutpos=bottom blendmode=7 isbackground=true idres=857 height=0/>
	</element>

making the bottom window fram 0px removes the bottom bar, plus the left and right are already a 0px

tho Im using blendmode 5 not 7 and ive left colorize on

For me this was never about doing a great looking skin that everyone liked, for me it was about thowing up some new ideas ... instead of just some new colour scheme (as alot of skins seem to be).

Ive been throwing in various different things about, including this im doing that I havent shown you guys in screenshot versions.

This was simply an experiment, based on trojans mock up and somewhere i could try things out...

Im open to ideas for another layout if you have one, Im aways willing to try something else out ;)

(but like I said Im not a graphics man)

Once again... wow. Didja get the PM? It doesn't really help, just the transparency and the higher quality. It's coming along great! I tried doing this with a skin tool I found on Mess.be, but it didn't look so great. Thanks for doing this, by the way. I wish I could help out a little more. :laugh:

I would use it if it was in a blue theme....

Like the orange top and bottom...

dave164

585045479[/snapback]

You know dave, I was thinking that about an hour ago.. ;)

Trojan.. I never recieved that pm im affraid and theres not much more I can really do without the images. I failed in my attempt to add the tab for peoples names, I was able to produce the tab, but it became to difficult to conect it to anything else on the chat window.

(I will however add a background to the contact list)

also in my little wander into blue.. I forgot to backup orange lol >_< ill fix that in a bit

post-26925-1102259275_thumb.jpg

Edited by EnIgMa-PenGuIn

Well, I know there was a forum somewhere where you could post your MSN Messenger mockups, but I couldn't find it... so I thought I'd just share mine with you. This design just popped into my head, and took me about 3 hours to successfully create. Most of the graphics are based on Longhorn screenshots, but some are just from XP. Messenger 7 looks really cool, but this is better. :yes: 

Enjoy!

P.S. This is just a MOCKUP, an image created in Photoshop. I haven't actually coded anything.

Yet.  :ninja:

http://img117.exs.cx/img117/5282/q7pscreenshot.jpg

585003323[/snapback]

very nice

I just resent the PM, Penguin. But just in case you didn't get it again... :ninja:

These are my mockup's icons, with transparency in a PNG format. I don't care who uses them, because I just took them from shell32.dll anyways.

m6nicons.png

Im going ok for now, If I need some help Ill be sure you pull out the big guns.

only things giving me grief atm are:

-A blue line that separates the buddy list and the idMeAreaButtons section, I was hoping to give the feel of having on open tab with the "contacts" section.

- The mail button not acting like the rest of the ToolbarBtn's and having a 3dbox outline

- The - [] x buttons (Ill move them later and I might remove the 3d boxes)

- The togglebtn (easy fixed)

- The AvatarHostRoundedFrame doesnt have a transparent edge (yet)

and the fact that doing a tab for the person your talking to isnt really possible and niether is doing the shaded rounded edges to the convinput and conv sections :/ (well at least the ways ive tried)

reminder to self: add suppress content to the block button

ok Well ive done just about all I can do to this program with the time I have and unfortunatly Im now out of time.

Heres what I ended up with:

skin.png

(Ive blanked out the buddy list because that was the one thing I didnt have time finish)

If anyone has the time/skill to finish the skin pm me and I'll be happy to pass along a copy to you, but I do not have time to finish it.

Regards

EnIgma-PenGuIn

ok Well ive done just about all I can do to this program with the time I have and unfortunatly Im now out of time.

Heres what I ended up with:

http://enigma-penguin.info/skin.png

(Ive blanked out the buddy list because that was the one thing I didnt have time finish)

If anyone has the time/skill to finish the skin pm me and I'll be happy to pass along a copy to you, but I do not have time to finish it.

Regards

EnIgma-PenGuIn

585056747[/snapback]

holy crap! thats some nice ****! when r u going to finish

• 2 weeks later...
very nice work now all you need to do is make it available to downlaod

585003627[/snapback]

yup lol sorry just read that it was a mock up and have just edited this post