• Heavy Metal
    • Punk Rock
    • Classical Rock
    • Pop
    • Jazz
    • Classical
    • Country

• 2 weeks later...

Hip-Hop, Rap, Rock (any branch of rock except for what Tina Turner does).

I'd rather listen to Britney Spears than listen to rock bands such as Linkin Park.

(I hate Britney BTW)

^hey me too, but i guess the genres are all mixed up, linkin park is rock?

now i just have a collection of mostly everything, there are nice songs in all genres, depending on mood

^hey me too, but i guess the genres are all mixed up, linkin park is rock?

now i just have a collection of mostly everything, there are nice songs in all genres, depending on mood

585521354[/snapback]

I couldn't care less if Linkin Park is 'hybrid' or 'pure' or whatever, they sound rock to me. :p

As long as a music is filled by screaming, not singing, and ear-tearing drum and guitar sound, not streamlined and smooth, I will never listen to that music.

(I'm not criticizing Linkin Park at all, they're just another rock group which I hate as a whole genre, and I respect them as they seem to appeal to many people around me.)

man o man, this thread could go on for ever..... :no: This arguement/discussion has been around for decades now. Personally, anything that is pre-packaged and produced without any artist effort is sh*t to me, like all the "Pop Diva's" out there and such. You can smell a pre-made artist a mile away now a days, just try watching them sing live.

I prefer real artists and musicians. Those that go into studio and can actually compose and bring fourth music to the masses. The one's that can actually play instruments and maintain harmony. :yes:

Hip-Hop, Rap, Rock (any branch of rock except for what Tina Turner does).

I'd rather listen to Britney Spears than listen to rock bands such as Linkin Park.

(I hate Britney BTW)

585520197[/snapback]

:yes: :yes: :yes:

I ticked Heavy Metal, but would've gone with Crunk had it been there!  :rofl:

585521378[/snapback]

Crunk??? What is it? :huh:

(And I KNEW you would put :rofl: <-- this emoticon at the end of your post!)

Erm, Rap is a music genre. Hip-hop is more of a lifestyle and can't really be called a genre as rap is part of the hip hop scene.

Or so goes my understanding...

585039391[/snapback]

I'd say that hip hop is a sub-genre of rap, kinda like crunk. :rofl:

Crunk??? What is it?  :huh:

(And I KNEW you would put  :rofl: <-- this emoticon at the end of your post!)

585521386[/snapback]

According to the NME: "More than any other hip-hop genre in the last ten years, crunk shamelessly combines all the things that we secretly look for in hip-hop and, indeed, pop (volume, anti-social values, punk attitude) with all the stuff we don?t (gaudy chain-jangling posturing, rudimentary lyricism, gratuitous guest slots, terrible sleeves). And it is GIGANTIC.

"Crunk is a newish hip-hop style taking its name from a combination of the words ?crazy? and ?drunk?, these being the ideal conditions in which to appreciate the music. It is typified by a shouty, hectoring vocal style that always kicks up a notch when it?s time for the chorus to create uncomplicated, bombastic club-friendly tracks. The videos are all flout, flaunt and flesh, full of dollar bills tossed hither and thither, diamond-encrusted goblets worth more than Luxembourg?s GDP (yeah, goblets ? we don?t know either) and loads of girls. With all this razzle-dazzlin? the music is often relegated into second place. For example, however good Usher?s ?Yeah? may be, it doesn?t sound like it took weeks to churn out. Even so, when crunk delivers, it?s hard not to get carried along by adrenalised mania. But only when it :rofl:rs:rofl:;<:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Actually I don't think this should really be a genre discussion, as most genres have their merits now and then. On the other hand all genres have their share of crap. Rap, Hip-Hop = Anything by J-Kwon and all the other "hard core gangstas". Anyone born in or after the 80s is about as hard core as teh Red Shoe Diaries. Rock = Anything Marilyn Manson or the White Stripes. Yes Marilyn you're different and special and an individual....just like everyone else. Pop = ummmm that list is too long. Country = Chris Ledoux is a favorite rant, get a life outside of a Garth Brooks song. Classic Rock = Beatles, if they were to tour today they'd be called Oasis. Heavy Metal = Mastodon, tone deaf "singing", overplayed guitars.

Edited by steelhand

For me none. There is just something that gets to you when you get into music that you really dont desrespect any music genre. I will listen to anything. If its hot its hot and thats what i care. So if its good Ill listen to rock, techno, pop, punk, country ect.

Of course my preference and personal favorite will ALWAYS be rap music

According to the NME: "More than any other hip-hop genre in the last ten years, crunk shamelessly combines all the things that we secretly look for in hip-hop and, indeed, pop (volume, anti-social values, punk attitude) with all the stuff we don?t (gaudy chain-jangling posturing, rudimentary lyricism, gratuitous guest slots, terrible sleeves). And it is GIGANTIC.

"Crunk is a newish hip-hop style taking its name from a combination of the words ?crazy? and ?drunk?, these being the ideal conditions in which to appreciate the music. It is typified by a shouty, hectoring vocal style that always kicks up a notch when it?s time for the chorus to create uncomplicated, bombastic club-friendly tracks. The videos are all flout, flaunt and flesh, full of dollar bills tossed hither and thither, diamond-encrusted goblets worth more than Luxembourg?s GDP (yeah, goblets ? we don?t know either) and loads of girls. With all this razzle-dazzlin? the music is often relegated into second place. For example, however good Usher?s ?Yeah? may be, it doesn?t sound like it took weeks to churn out. Even so, when crunk delivers, it?s hard not to get carried along by adrenalised mania. But only when it :rofl:rs.&quo:rofl:/>

585521397[/snapback]

ACtually Crunk is a term used in the Southern United States amongst the Ghettos over there. It is quickly making its way as a popular term amongst mainstream h(N)op. Which i dont listen to (N)