Blueyonder Speed Upgrade

They just send a command to the cable modem. They change the downstream to 1024kbps (or other speed depending on your package). They only send it once to tell it to just go to 1mbps, they dont mess around with half-upgrades etc...

Some cable modems allow you to see a log and it should have an entry for the speed increase:

http://192.168.100.1/signal.htm

That link is for webstar cable modems btw.

For Motorola Surfboards:

http://192.168.100.1/logs.html

585071118[/snapback]

Cheers, I'll try that when I get home (Y)

BlueYonder are really looking after their customers.

I started by paying ?35 for 1mb BB, then they upgraded to 1.5mb and now they are upgrading it again to 2mb....and all for no extra cost.

You always think there is a catch...not this one! Amazing!

BlueYonder are really looking after their customers.

I started by paying ?35 for 1mb BB, then they upgraded to 1.5mb and now they are upgrading it again to 2mb....and all for no extra cost.

You always think there is a catch...not this one! Amazing!

585071714[/snapback]

Isn't it. It IS the best ISP in the UK without a doubt mainly because it just keeps on upgrading for no extra cost to the user and NO DOWNLOAD LIM:D :D

Apparently we've been done (Sheff/Doncaster etc...) but my modem log still says this:

4-Error X501.35 Unit Update Failed.

Like it has done for a few days now. adslguide gives me this now, at least:

Downstream 2013 Kbps (251.6 KB/sec) 2174 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Upstream 239 Kbps (29.9 KB/sec) 258 Kbps (inc. overheads)

So I'm at 2mb now instead of 1.5 :D Still kinda pointless though, when most download sites arent even fast enough to cater for your download speed.

Apparently we've been done (Sheff/Doncaster etc...) but my modem log still says this:

4-Error? X501.35? Unit Update Failed.

Like it has done for a few days now. adslguide gives me this now, at least:

Downstream?  2013 Kbps (251.6 KB/sec)?  2174 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Upstream? 239 Kbps (29.9 KB/sec)? 258 Kbps (inc. overheads)

So I'm at 2mb now instead o:D1.5 :D Still kinda pointless though, when most download sites arent even fast enough to cater for your download speed.

585077056[/snapback]

What I want to know is how we can test it because as you say alot of website don't cater for our full potential.

_fOoL_ no idea sorry..

I live in sheffield as well, I'll try this when I get home (am at work atm).

585077079[/snapback]

Same here, I'm going to reset my modem and maybe call Telewest as on my way home from college yesterday I DID see two Telewest vans leaving where they usually do work, coincidence...I think not!

i live in gillingham, kent and it looks like mine has been upgraded from 750 to 1024.

Downstream 966 Kbps (120.8 KB/sec) 1043 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Upstream 120 Kbps (15.0 KB/sec) 129 Kbps (inc. overheads)

i'm happy!

i live in gillingham, kent and it looks like mine has been upgraded from 750 to 1024.

Downstream 966 Kbps (120.8 KB/sec) 1043 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Upstream 120 Kbps (15.0 KB/sec) 129 Kbps (inc. overheads)

i'm happy!

585077131[/snapback]

Sucks having the same upload though eh :cry:?

Homer?, congrat(Y)Y)

Sucks having the same upload though eh :cry:?

Homer™, congrats (Y)

585077146[/snapback]

yeah, would have liked that to have increased as well, but you can't get everything for free! (not yet anyway, hopefully they will keep doing these upgrades)

I got this in my log (motorola modem)

2004-12-09 01:17:37 6-Notice 0x041D0318 SW Download INIT - Via Config file cm-1024-128

I guess I got my upgrade then :) tested it and I have the upgrade :D

They just send a command to the cable modem. They change the downstream to 1024kbps (or other speed depending on your package). They only send it once to tell it to just go to 1mbps, they dont mess around with half-upgrades etc...

Some cable modems allow you to see a log and it should have an entry for the speed increase:

http://192.168.100.1/signal.htm

That link is for webstar cable modems btw.

For Motorola Surfboards:

http://192.168.100.1/logs.html

585071118[/snapback]

Tried it eventually and:
Bit Rate

1024000 bps

Seems like Sheffield has been upgraded. I've noticed ALL my downloads now go at 110+ which is nice. Now time to upgrade to the next flag 1.5 / 2 and 256 upload and see the increase in downstream mainly but a nicer increase in upstream.

Anybody else been fully upgraded yet or got any news?

in my log i have an entry that says

SW upgrade Failed after download - Incompatible SW file

any ideas, just before i phone telewest

585093607[/snapback]

Its always best to phone Telewest, I'm gonna reset my router and modem tomorrow and phone them just to check I've been upgraded. Always be safe (Y)

True, i'll give it until tomorrow

cheers

585093630[/snapback]

Give it until tomorrow night, alot of places they get the upgrades wrong and re-do them (said earlier in the post). Try shutting down your PC and resetting everything tomorrow night and see if there is any difference. Save telewest some time I suspose because alot of people will be phoning about the upgrades.

Direction/Actual Speed/True Speed (estimated)

Downstream/962 Kbps (120.3 KB/sec)/1038 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Upstream/119 Kbps (14.9 KB/sec)/128 Kbps (inc. overheads)

I'm in Wakefield, looks like i've been done. :D

Sweet (Y)

Just a quick note, my upload speed was really slow last night so I reset my modem and router and it worked fine. I think people with routers don't get their modems reset properly? Just a thought...