'gay Jesus' ?

i am a bigot, so what - i hate gays, muslims, junkies, french, etc...

Ok so it sounds like you don't like anyone but white men...does this mean your gay?

no really, he did not like gays, or lesbians for that matter

I'd like for you to point out where it says this in the Bible...You won't be able to find it.....

Bible passages describing same-sex marriage:

There are none! You can scan from the beginning of Genesis to the end of Revelation, and not see even a single same-sex marriage mentioned.

The Bible does contain:

Three stories of loving, same-sex relationships in the Bible involving David, Ruth and Daniel. But there is no indication that any of the three involved sexual activity.

A dozen or so oft-quoted passages about homosexual behavior in the Bible. Because conservative and liberal Christians interpreted the Bible very differently, they reach totally different conclusions about their meaning: Many conservative Christians interpret these passages as stating unambiguously that all homosexual behavior is forbidden, is an abomination, and is hated by God. It does not matter whether it is in the form of casual sex with a stranger, or sex within a committed, monogamous relationship. It is all sinful. Some consider it an "ordinary" sin -- in the same league as all other incorrect behavior, like lying, cheating or stealing. Others consider it such a serious sin that it will prevent gays and lesbians from attaining Heaven after death, even if they had previously been saved.

Many liberal Christians largely ignore English translations of the Bible which are often heavily biased against homosexuality. They prefer to refer to the original Hebrew and Greek. They frequently interpret these passages as condemning: Homosexual rape (Genesis 19; Judges 19:14).

Homosexual ritual sex in Pagan temples -- a religious taboo (Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13).

Homosexual prostitution (Deuteronomy 23:17; 1 Kings 14:24, 15:12, 22:46; 2 Kings 23:7).

Heterosexual men and women going against their basic nature and engaging in homosexual Pagan orgies (Romans 1:26).

Men who sexually molest boys -- and the boys that they abuse (1 Corinthians 6:9; 1 Timothy 1:9).

Bestiality: Men engaging in sex with males of another species -- angels in this case (Jude 7).

But on the topic of sexual activity within a loving, committed, monogamous homosexual relationship, many religious liberals view the Bible as being completely silent.

One of the very few beliefs on which conservative and liberal Christians agree is that there are no definitive statements in the Bible which deal directly with same-sex marriages (aka domestic partnerships, civil unions, holy unions, etc.)

Bigot is not the same thing as racist btw...

I have not read the bible cover to cover but attended catholic school growing up and i do remember jesus bashing homos, so maybe you should read it???

and the big whopping difference is.....

my "mum" and dad are real.

oh whoops. did i just offend you again?

585079131[/snapback]

real?

lol, if Jesus aint real, i can say for a fact, none of us here are either then!

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them."

Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

PWNED BY THE BIBLE!

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them."

585079229[/snapback]

Seafood gets similar treatment:

http://www.godhatesshrimp.com/

Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

A dozen or so oft-quoted passages about homosexual behavior in the Bible. Because conservative and liberal Christians interpreted the Bible very differently, they reach totally different conclusions about their meaning: Many conservative Christians interpret these passages as stating unambiguously that all homosexual behavior is forbidden, is an abomination, and is hated by God. It does not matter whether it is in the form of casual sex with a stranger, or sex within a committed, monogamous relationship. Its also a sin to lay with a person of the opposite sex if not in a relationship.

You have to read the whole passage and not just cut and paste a few quotes you dug up on the internet.

.......... refers to what?????????

Like I said...read the entire passage and you tell me...Much of it lies in interpretation of the reader. There is no definative statement about homosexual activity in the Bible...

it's apparent big tex has not understood my argument.

but i wonder, is hatred a determination? can hatred be imputed onto god? does god in fact hate? if so, i'm glad i don't believe in a hate-mongering deity. whoever appreciates humanity only on the conditional level is himself subject to conditional judgment by someone else.

i prefer religions with compassion.

and moreover, the fact that they can find truth only in written text that itself may be 1) wrong, 2) misinterpreted, 3) contrived, or 4) beyond human comprehension means precisely that:

1) they refuse to think outside the box that is written text

2) they refuse to acknowledge the fallibility of that text

3) they deny their own freedom.

i have no qualms with people who use the text as a support, but those who uncritically use the text as a pure mode of their faith either are unaware or do not care about error.

That's becuase your argument makes NO SENSE, it is garbage.

HOKIE- I interpret as homosexuality is not Jesus' sexual preference...

I am not representing any religion btw, I do not go to church at all.

That's becuase your argument makes NO SENSE, it is garbage. 

HOKIE- I interpret as homosexuality is not Jesus' sexual preference...

I am not representing any religion btw, I do not go to church at all.

585079324[/snapback]

i can't help it if some people don't understand my arguments. i know others do.

Your interpretation is up to you...My point is that many people don't interpret the bible the same way Tex. You've never read the whole book of Leviticus so your interpretation (correct or incorrect) is biased due to the fact that your mind is already made up.