[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

the video seems to be working for many people, not all but for most of them and I know what a dead and stuck pixel is... :happy:

anyways, here's a dumb question... let's say I got my PSP online from Best Buy (BB) and it has a dead pixel and decide to wait a bit more for a new h/w revision to come out while it's still covered by the warranty, can I take the PSP to any BB store and have it replaced or do I have to send it back to the BB depot where ever it may be? :huh: :unsure:

another thing, how good is your PSP wireless reception? I get around 70 to 75% on my bedroom but even if I move to the room where the wireless router is located it still gets between 75 and 85% signal strength while my iBook G4, Xbox, MSN TV2 and all the wireless crap I have on my room gets 90% or more. :pinch: :wacko: :no:

for how long are we supposed to run the ?CPR? video to wake up a stuck pixel? I think it?s a stuck pixel cuz with the video you wont see it on a red/blue/green or black background but it shows up right in the middle of the screen on a white background and it looks sorta red/brown/:prk? :p

the only think I really, really, really hate about my PSP (besides that stuck pixel) is how easy it gets finder prints all over, somebody needs to come out with some sort of spray that you can apply to the surface and make it less prone to get marked:happy: :happy:yes:p; :yes:

586143847[/snapback]

To solve the fingerprint issue, I use the Pelican Skin Grip. It's make out of rubber/silcone, and provides a nice grippy surface. Although, for some reason, it's hard to find in colors besides a transparent blue (although mine is transparant clear), and there aren't any cutouts to access the MS and battery while it's on the PSP. Other than that, a worthy add-on. There are also Decalgirl skins available and a few other grips on lik-sang.com.

Don't have any dead/stuck pixels here, just waiting for some good games to come out besides Wi:sleep: :sleep:

BREAKiNG NEWS: World's first PSP Launcher- for Lumines!

Today the World's first PSP Launcher was released for Lumines. We have already confirmed it works on a v1.50 firmware PSP with the Dynarox USA release of Lumines, however, it currently plays without sound. How was this achieved exactly? Well, similar to the WAB MS Launcher you'll need to extract the contents of the Lumines iSO to your Memory Stick's root directly using iSOBuster or a similar application. When doing this, you should end up with a PSP_GAME directory there with all the game files in it, and also a UMD_DATA.BIN file in the MS root. Then simply install the Lumines Launcher by copying the files to your PSP\GAME directory manually or via the previously-released KXpolit v1.50.

Before it will work, there is one final step you must do (how it works) so read carefully... you will need to patch the BOOT.BIN file that is located on your MS in the PSP_GAME\SYSDIR with the included PPF Patch so that the check routines are modified. Once this is done, simply launch Lumines from the PSP Main Menu and it will run (without sound, for now) from your PSP Memory Stick!

Source..ps2nfo

BREAKiNG NEWS: World's first PSP Launcher- for Lumines!

Today the World's first PSP Launcher was released for Lumines. We have already confirmed it works on a v1.50 firmware PSP with the Dynarox USA release of Lumines, however, it currently plays without sound. How was this achieved exactly? Well, similar to the WAB MS Launcher you'll need to extract the contents of the Lumines iSO to your Memory Stick's root directly using iSOBuster or a similar application. When doing this, you should end up with a PSP_GAME directory there with all the game files in it, and also a UMD_DATA.BIN file in the MS root. Then simply install the Lumines Launcher by copying the files to your PSP\GAME directory manually or via the previously-released KXpolit v1.50.

Before it will work, there is one final step you must do (how it works) so read carefully... you will need to patch the BOOT.BIN file that is located on your MS in the PSP_GAME\SYSDIR with the included PPF Patch so that the check routines are modified. Once this is done, simply launch Lumines from the PSP Main Menu and it will run (without sound, for now) from your PSP Memory Stick!

Source..ps2nfo

586144984[/snapback]

Works, as advertised :devil:

• 4 weeks later...
How many of you would be interested in a digital TV tuner to display OTA (over the air, ie free) HDTV broadcasts on your PSP - let's say the price would be ~$150 if it ever came out?

I know the PSP would not be able to display HDTV images at full resolution, but I think it would be neat to receive widescreen broadcasts of local stations on the widescreen LCD.

I would buy it, no doubt. 

Don't say it can't be done because this technology is being developed for use in cell phones.

585342571[/snapback]

Well that sucks. According to that it would be over wifi or whatever. I rather be able to watch over the air broadcasts instead of being limited to having to be cost to wifi to download something to watch.

A TV Tuner is the single reason I would actually buy a PSP.

so who's upgraded to 2.0? what size res can you use with the wallpapers? if you hack the wallpapers with anything larger than the default (80x20 or whatever) on a 1.5, the icons get messed up.

so who's upgraded to 2.0?  what size res can you use with the wallpapers?  if you hack the wallpapers with anything larger than the default (80x20 or whatever) on a 1.5, the icons get messed up.

586281139[/snapback]

I've not had problem with the wallpapers; I resize them to 480x272 in Photoshop (set up an action to automatically crop,resize, and save them to PSP/PHOTO/Wallpaper). They look great, IMO, especially since it removes that wavy animation too. To change the wallpaper, you just open the image, hit triangle, select as wallpaper.

And the theme setting is just the color setting with you hit triangle (ex. for info under music/videos).

Noooo!!!! I got a puncture mark on my psp screen and its bugging the hell out of me! Does anyone know a way to get rid of it or do i have to buy a new screen?

Haven't read all the thread... so sorry if this has been asked before...

Are you allowed to play PSP wireless on a plane?? Don't want to take control from my PSP!

it should be fine, unless they specifically ask you to stop. there's some airline in europe that trips out about them, forget the name.

but don't worry, rf interference hasn't been linked to any airplane crashes in the history of flight ;)

does any1 know where i can get a 128 mb card cheap or a 256 mb?

586328693[/snapback]

Also, if you could try to buy online, if you don't you will probably be spending $20 to $30 more in stores for what you could buy online.

• 3 weeks later...

J&R has really good prices on memory sticks, check this out... :happy:

SANDISK 2GB Gaming Memory Stick PRO duo $229.88 :pinch:

SANDISK 1GB Gaming Memory Stick PRO Duo $84.88 :drool:

SANDISK 512MB Gaming Memory Stick PRO Duo $59.88

SANDISK 256MB Gaming Memory Stick PRO Duo $39.88

SANDISK 128MB Gaming Memory Stick PRO Duo $34.88

click here for more info and prices... :happy:

Just ordered a 1gb card for my birthday... can't wait to load it up with movies and homebrew :D

What bitrates would you recommend if I wanted to hold maybe a (hour and a half or so) movie and a couple 30min episodes of shows?

Is it poss to run Homebrew on the 1.51/52 firmware yet? Soz been offline and keeping tabs via my local net cafe, finally got online at my Mums place today, so i aplogise if its staring me in the face / if this has been asked 1billion+ times :p

man it seems like the whole psp phase is going down hill.....this isnt even a sticky anymore and seems that sony doesnt care anymore

586440756[/snapback]

not really, its just a bit quiet since most good games are going to be coming out in Sept-Oct

Do you guys have issues with WPA-PSK in firmware 2.0 ?

I have a WRT54G with B-only wireless mode, MAC filtering( PSP MAC was already included) and WPA-PSK (TKIP) security. For some reasons, the PSP keeps appearing "exchanging key information" with the router over and over again until a time-out error occurs.

I tripple-checked every setting to make sure that they are correct but can't seem to find out. Any help will be appreciated.

Well just upgraded to the new 2.0 USA firmware release, hope they some how manage to get homebrew to run on that soon, it also seems that us EU types who havent imported will be getting the 2.0 formware as standard, so it really will be a shame if they NEVER manage it