[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

I have a question because I lost my manual, why does my Sony DUO Pro 512 MB card show up in the PSP as a 480 MB card, is that because it needs 32 mb for system memory or something?

585886190[/snapback]

The formatted space is smaller than the space shown on the box - tricky bstrds

That may have something to do with it.

I picked up a 256 card to goof off with until my 1GB arrives, IF it ever does!

Can somebody tell me what the slide located here (see pic) does?

I only got a Jap manual and it's not much use.

Thanks.

585890670[/snapback]

switch wireless modes I think. I have never used it :p

Got Last Week, already up to 6 games

Was thinking MGS was goign to blow untill i actually played it.

585883922[/snapback]

was untold legends any good? I was deating on purchasing it

Edited by smart001

Can somebody tell me what the slide located here (see pic) does?

I only got a Jap manual and it's not much use.

Thanks.

585890670[/snapback]

It turns off WiFi (when you aren't using it and want to save battery life). Except I usually forget which direction is on/off (but the system will tell if it's off when you try to connect to the internet).

K, got my psp today! Yay.

But the plug is not the same as what we use in UK, so am i ok using a powercord from like my ps2 into the adapter? The plug given says 124V on it, with 6A.

Would this just fry it or what?

*Edit* On the adapter it says input 100-240V's, well Uk runs at 240V so thats ok right?

Just don't wanna fcuk it up first day.

Lol.

Thanks.

585875629[/snapback]

The adaptor works in 100-240 ok, so just chop of the USA plug and wire on a UK one :) Job done :)

Got mine today. has about 6 or so messed up pixels. Should i return it? or is so common that the replacement may even have more?

Now, the usb feature, i enabled it while connected to my pc, is there any software out there that can make use of this feature? Pc recognizes it as removable drive, i can save files onto it, but i can't get anything as far pictures to show. Should there be a specifically named dir/folder for these files, cause only folder/s showing is PSP/SAVEDATA .

Got mine today. has about 6 or so messed up pixels. Should i return it? or is so common that the replacement may even have more?

Now, the usb feature, i enabled it while connected to my pc, is there any software out there that can make use of this feature? Pc recognizes it as removable drive, i can save files onto it, but i can't get anything as far pictures to show. Should there be a specifically named dir/folder for these files, cause only folder/s showing is PSP/SAVEDATA .

585892254[/snapback]

You have to format the MS Duo card in the PSP. Once you do that, it creates PHOTO and MUSIC directories in the PSP folder.

As for the dead pixels, you could probably get a return/different model for it. I'm not sure whether it's through Sony or the retailer however.

You have to format the MS Duo card in the PSP. Once you do that, it creates PHOTO and MUSIC directories in the PSP folder.

As for the dead pixels, you could probably get a return/different model for it. I'm not sure whether it's through Sony or the retailer however.

585892380[/snapback]

Formatting did the trick, Thanks!

As for the exchange, EB will exchange it without a prob, I asked before time.

Someone else already addressed the folder question...

Where did you get your PSP? For what it is worth, I have -zero- pixel problems. I got mine at Circuit City and was told I could return it if I had any pixel issues.

585892254[/snapback]

Someone else already addressed the folder question...

Where did you get your PSP?  For what it is worth, I have -zero- pixel problems.  I got mine at Circuit City and was told I could return it if I had any pixel issues.

585892609[/snapback]

Yeah you sure they are dead pixels because it could be dust trapped on the screen causing specks which may look like dead pixels when they are not

So has anyone else tried out the Gameboy emulator yet?

It only works on a Japanese psp with the original firmware, but I was surprised at how fast it was. No sound yet of course, and a little graphical corruption, but very impressive for an initial release.

This isn't a fake. :)

dsc01841ov.jpg

(I need a better tripod, this one couldn't hold my camera completely still)

So has anyone else tried out the Gameboy emulator yet?

It only works on a Japanese psp with the original firmware, but I was surprised at how fast it was. No sound yet of course, and a little graphical corruption, but very impressive for an initial release.

This isn't a fake. :)

dsc01841ov.jpg

(I need a better tripod, this one couldn't hold my camera completely still)

585900299[/snapback]

Seems pointless though, I doubt you going to enjoy playing any game on such a small screen ratio.

Seems pointless though, I doubt you going to enjoy playing any game on such a small screen ratio.

585900852[/snapback]

only a matter of time before you are able to have full screen emulated games.

I'm wondering if I should grab one of these now, or maybe wait a few months to see if any of the common complaints I've read about are addressed? Dead pixels, lack of stock on 1GB cards, stuff like that.

Where did you get your PSP?  For what it is worth, I have -zero- pixel problems.  I got mine at Circuit City and was told I could return it if I had any pixel issues.

585892609[/snapback]

Got it @ EB