Best Editor for xHTML/PHP/CSS?

Question

Hey all,

Just like the title says, I am looking for an alternative to Notepad...for some reason, people seem to think that they are amazing, just because they code from Notepad :huh:.

I am looking for something that would possibly have syntax helping, also. Hopefully, the program isn't very bloat with features I won't really use. Also, free is good :yes:

Any ideas? Thanks in Advanced!

^ TextPad 4.7.x doesn't associate itself with any files by default. I removed all the shortcut buttons in Textpad besides the File and Edit buttons, and turned on Line Numbering. Memory usage is usually ~2.5MB max if you have 1 document open.

I think the text editor you use is a personal preference, just like what browser and email client you use.

HTMLKit is the best lightweight code editor for Windows that I've used. BBEdit for Mac.

For more comprehensive solution for building and managing complete websites, Dreamweaver MX 2004 cannot be beat. And don't be fooled...it's much more than a WYSIWYG editor. I don't even use the WYSIWYG features, but it's the only program I use anymore (outside BBEdit for quick changes to individual files).

I just use notepad. And no, i don't use it to be "1337", i use because its all that i need.

Do i hate syntax highlight? No.

Do i have a use for it? No.

Do i know how to write the tags, or do i need a dropdown jumping in my face while i type in the tags? I know the tags. ;)

I think everyone on this forum knows that Dreamweaver is #1. But it doesn't have the best CSS tools (because most people who use Dreamweaver don't write their own stylesheets, as other people do), so hands down the best CSS Editor is TopStyle Lite/Pro.

I think everyone on this forum knows that Dreamweaver is #1. But it doesn't have the best CSS tools (because most people who use Dreamweaver don't write their own stylesheets, as other people do), so hands down the best CSS Editor is TopStyle Lite/Pro.

585384142[/snapback]

Thats just not right.

Dreamweaver might have the best WYSIWYG, but you can't state that Dreamweaver is the best program. At least not as a fact.

And when i don't use notepad for CSS, then topstyle is a great CSS editor. :)