[NFL] T.O. likely out for playoffs

LINK

Kiss the Super Bowl goodbye Eagles fans.

585136687[/snapback]

Obviously you do not know a thing about the Eagles if you think they can't reach the superbowl or win it without T.O. We are not a one man team. We have made it the past three years to the NFC championship and I do not think one man alone is going to get us over the bump. It is the whole damn team getting their act together that will get us over the bump. We lost the last three because the team as a whole played like crap and not like they had been playing throughout the season.

I don't see the loss of T.O. as the end for the Eagles. I seriously would be deviastated beyond all belief if we lose Westbrook at this point. *Knocks on wood. If I had to make a list of players who I would hate to lose for the playoffs T.O. would be #5:

1. McNabb

2. Westbrook

3. Kearse

4. Trotter

5. T.O.

6. Dawkins

7. Lito Shepard

8. Sheldon Brown

9. Dahani Jones

10. David Akers

Edited by jmole

Yeah I do know something about the Eagles, and I don't think that they will make it w/o him.  I really just wanted to get a rise out of some Eagles fan:D:D

585136805[/snapback]

And why might I ask will they not make it without him?

Yeah I do know something about the Eagles, and I don't think that they will make it w/o him.  I really just wanted to get a rise out of some Eagles fan:D:D

585136805[/snapback]

the nfc aint all that this year. their chances may be less but its still better than most of the teams that will make the playoffs. remember they only have to win 2 games.

I saw the replay of the tackle and the leg isn't suppose to go back that way. :pinch: I highly doubt that Owens can come back in 7 weeks. The Eagles have to start back at square one again. They have to play like they did for the last 3 years. It looks like the Eagles are cursed.

Edited by Steffan

We are not a one man team.  We have made it the past three years to the NFC championship and I do not think one man alone is going to get us over the bump. 

585136760[/snapback]

Didnt know you played for the Eagles, what number are you?

Yea i when i saw the play, the first thing i noticed was his foot, man I reached for my foot because i remember pain like that when i played football.

Ah man and that greenbay game...damn

Not worried in the slightest.

There is no other competant team in the NFC, maybe with the exception of Atlanta, a very small exception -- that can even compete with this Eagles team, who are drastically improved from last year by the way.

As long as Westbrook and the defense stays healthy, we've got easily the best chance to make it to the Super Bowl.

Not only that, if TO comes back for the SB, he'll draw double coverage from whoever we play against, even if he's rusty. That alone leaves the other players open (sigh, Pinkston I guess) and sets up more downfield opportunities.

I'm not worried, just a little flustered at the bad luck the Eagles have every season, and the joy every other NFL "fan" recieves from it. Yet in the MLB everyone cheered for Boston, the unluckiest team in baseball -- why not the Eagles? It's not as if our fans are worse than Boston fans (THINK about it.)

No excuses though -- anything less than the Super Bowl is failure.

And I don't see Pinkston staying around next season (I hope not anyways -- he's afraid of every DB in the NFL.)

i don't play for the eagles, but i don't think they can win without TO in the playoffs.

i figured 4 weeks would be enough to get him back though. 4 weeks, a lot of pain killers, and tape.

that sucks, the nfc has no chance of sending a team that is going to win the super bowl now

585136706[/snapback]

just like the NBA's eastern conference had no chance of winning the finals last year. the Patriots, the pride of the AFC are about to lose to the 2-11 Miami Dolphins.

Well, I got to be a real jerk on this one.. it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I wish Philly good luck though, as it's nothing against them.

585136709[/snapback]

How is TO a bad guy? He's cocky, I'll give you that, but he is a good player and backs it up. He's also notorious for having a great work ethic. If you wan't to talk about a bad guy, look at Randy Moss.

Anyway, it sucks TO is gone for the rest of the season, but if he is able to play he will. He's a winner. Winners like to play. I don't understand why they are operating on a "sprain" though. Can anybody explain that one?

How is TO a bad guy?  He's cocky, I'll give you that, but he is a good player and backs it up.  He's also notorious for having a great work ethic.  If you wan't to talk about a bad guy, look at Randy Moss. 

Anyway, it sucks TO is gone for the rest of the season, but if he is able to play he will.  He's a winner.  Winners like to play.  I don't understand why they are operating on a "sprain" though.  Can anybody explain that one?

585138544[/snapback]

Well, to quote his trainer:

Tests revealed a sprained deltoid ligament. A screw will be implanted to stabilize and strengthen the ankle joint. Burkholder said there was a "tremendous amount of damage" to the ankle.

That and he has a broken leg. Not good.

i don't play for the eagles, but i don't think they can win without TO in the playoffs.

i figured 4 weeks would be enough to get him back though.  4 weeks, a lot of pain killers, and tape.

585138149[/snapback]

Now TO has a target for defenses... :(