[NFL] T.O. likely out for playoffs

1 player can make a huge difference on a team. I did not think that the Eagles would reach the Super Bowl, but congrats to them and Eagles fans, you finally get what you deserve, but can you beat the Pats?

1 player can make a huge difference on a team.  I did not think that the Eagles would reach the Super Bowl, but congrats to them and Eagles fans, you finally get what you deserve, but can you beat the Pats?

585345521[/snapback]

I'm betting that's a big N.O.

What T.O. is not the whole team?!  Holy poo, who would have known.  The Eagles got to the NFC championship three years and a row and suddenly T.O. was the whole team when he went down.

585345442[/snapback]

I know, just trying pointing out to all the haters, Eagles won without T.O.

I know, just trying pointing out to all the haters, Eagles won without T.O.

585345969[/snapback]

Ah it just ****ed me off when people, especially the media were suddenly calling T.O. the entire team. Its like what the hell, how many winning seasons did the Eagles have without him and now suddenly they were making it out like he was the Jamal Lewis of the Eagles accounting for 75% of the offense. The funny thing is the Eagles got over the NFC championship game hump without him, which is why he was brought over here to do in the first place. If anything it was having Westbrook actually healthy and playing the post season that pushed the Eagles in the Super Bowl.

The funny thing is the Eagles got over the NFC championship game hump without him, which is why he was brought over here to do in the first place.

585348574[/snapback]

question. answer honestly...

do you think they would be here if they did not have TO during the season? sure they got over the hump *without* him, but what he has brought to the team has shown thru the entire season. he caught what... 14 of dMC's 15 tds or something crazy like that.

just cuz he didnt play the playoffs, he basically got them here. his spark... whatever you want to call it, has given them the advantage they needed to be sucessful during the entire year... not just the NFC title game.

i do think that having him on the sidelines instead of in the booth helped them beat atlanta. he was there... he was part of that 12th man that andy reid talked about.

do you think they would be here if they did not have TO during the season? sure they got over the hump *without* him, but what he has brought to the team has shown thru the entire season. he caught what... 14 of dMC's 15 tds or something crazy like that.

just cuz he didnt play the playoffs, he basically got them here. his spark... whatever you want to call it, has given them the advantage they needed to be sucessful during the entire year... not just the NFC title game.

i do think that having him on the sidelines instead of in the booth helped them beat atlanta. he was there... he was part of that 12th man that andy reid talked about.

585351998[/snapback]

Great points.

I honestly think had TO not played, they still would be here based on the dismal state of the NFC. They beat Minnesota cause Mitchell had a career game. they beat Atlanta due to a good defensive game and weather. It will be interesting in Jacksonville.

585351998[/snapback]

Definitely yes. The Eagles had been to the NFC championship three times without him so I do not see why this year would be any different. And as someone mentioned before the NFC was not a very tough conference this year, which made it a little easier. I will admitt, with TO there were more blowouts, but without him games had been closer. I think the biggest reason we are finally over the hump is due to a healthy team, specifically Westbrook. If Westbrook had been injured I think we would have seen a repeat of the last four years. I just think teams take him too lightly and instead focus more on T.O. Sure T.O. has more TDs then Westbrook, but it is Westbrook who marches the team up the field closer to the endzone.

585351998[/snapback]

mcnabb had 30 td's owens caught 14 of them.

Here is the latest update: Link.

As of Friday, the Philadelphia Eagles plan to have Terrell Owens gradually rejoin team practice Wednesday and to use him as the third receiver in Super Bowl XXXIX on Feb. 6, team sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

Those plans are contingent on the star receiver not suffering any setbacks in his rehabilitation from leg injuries, as is Owens' vow to ESPN's Michael Irvin on Thursday that he definitely will play when the Eagles take on the New England Patriots.

Things were looking good Friday, when Owens ran and cut on the Eagles' indoor field for the second straight day, according to Paolantonio.

Todd Pinkston and Freddie Mitchell are expected to be Philly's first two options at receiver even if Owens gets the go-ahead to play.

Dr. Mark Myerson said Tuesday that he wouldn't clear the Pro Bowler to play in the Super Bowl. Myerson said he's pleased with Owens' recuperation but maintained that the surgery requires a recovery period of eight to 10 weeks.

The Eagles superstar was told after surgery that he had only an outside chance of returning for the Super Bowl, which was 6? weeks away at the time. Still, he rehabbed vigorously and has steadfastly insisted he's going to play.

At least he has been running and cutting for the past two days, that is a good sign.