Sony PSP

Question (In which i maybe buying a PSP over christmas) I want to know if you can browse your network and play movies remotely rather than putting them onto these "Duo" sticks? I would only like to use the "Duo" if i was going out. I just want to know thats all.

(Sorry if this question has been asked before)

Just reading the last pages of this thread have made me laugh seriously, i have used a DS, and wat a cheap, tacky, pile of ****.

The device is aimed at younger gamers, hence the crap games like "wario ware touched" and racing games which suck ass...

Nintendo needs connections before releasing tired games, whereas the PSP has gone for a sturdy, nice feeling device, whereas the DS is cheap plastic..

The PSP is more, but does more, has a massive widescreen LCD / TFT and plays movies in crystal clear DVD quality (obvisiously not true DVD resoultion but the same quality)

Crackers will release patches for the v2.0 firmware, and then it becomes more than a psp, it becomes a snes, mega drive, gameboy, gameboy colour, gameboy advanced, and possibly more..

u cant slate the PSP, OVerall PSP > DS, its just obvious really.

My only beef with the PSP are:

Short Battery

Propriotary Storage ( ie mem stick , UMD)

Less Interesting Games

if only sony releases a PSP v2.0 with HD and support homebrew software ;)

586456545[/snapback]

Short Battery is understandable, although 3-4 hours between chargings i think is reasonable for something that plays videos, mp3s and games.

Propriotary Storage? Compared to what? Nintendo catrridges? At least they give you the option of external mem via pro duo, although a little pricy, it is an OPTION. and new UMD movies are coming out all the time, if thats your thing.

Less interesting games? Im sorry and playing Mario 64 again and again is what? amazingly fresh each time? :p :p :p :p

• 2 weeks later...

oh my God. I was thinking of getting it before but now i have to get it even though the money i will be using is my saving money which i wanted to use to get the Sony Ericsson S700i phone.

This is so cool... men, i am going off...

Anyways, i have a question. Which is better, the US version or the Japan Version? and what is this with the 1001K ones that i am hearing are the good ones...

Please someone help, i wanty to get the latest one and the best so i do not waste my saving on something that i will regret. I am not as rich as Dazzle and i do not have a job which makes things suck cause i only get freelancing jobs once in a blue moon...

My main question however is which is the better, US or Japan ones... i also read that the region thing affects the UMD movies between Region 2 which is Europe and Region 1 which is the Americas

Thanks

[EDIT]

I also read that there is a new PSP coming out mid-2006 that will have a HD inside. I think they said it is meant to compete with the new NGB (Nitendo Game Boy).

Edited by olajideolaolorun

there is no difference between the us and jap psp's besides the umd's are region locked, so if you live in japan, i'd get a japanese psp (so i can watch umd's....) .. games will work no matter the region.

the "good" ones you're referring to are the ones that still have their v1.0 or v1.5 firmwares in-tact, because they can play homebrews and stuff... (google mphdowngrader, to find out why you should never over-pay for one of those early psp's)

i think its still speculation that sony will release a psp with a hd... b/c it would detract from sales of their msdp cards... but who knows? lol

Anyone got Pics of the white Psp?

(i think you have one dazzla?)

586590343[/snapback]

Mine should be with me tomorrow, I'll take lots of pics :)

How is warranty on the PSP like? I've heard from retailers saying that parallel imports doesn't have warranty and persuade me to get the local set which cost a little more. Seeing you guys get yours from HK and stuff, how is your warranty covered?

Here's the promised pictures of the White PSP:

WhitePSP01.jpg

WhitePSP02.jpg

WhitePSP03.jpg

WhitePSP04.jpg

WhitePSP05.jpg

WhitePSP06.jpg

WhitePSP07.jpg

WhitePSP08.jpg

WhitePSP09.jpg

WhitePSP10.jpg

WhitePSP11.jpg

WhitePSP12.jpg

Apart from cosmetic differences there are more changes which make it better than the black PSP (imo). First of all the square button is fixed, Sony denied for a long time it was broken and it was "designed that way", but they've changed the design so it's infinitely more responsive then the black PSP. Secondly all four face buttons (X, O etc) stand out more, offers more feedback and the responsiveness is better. Thirdly the analogue nub is improved, it allows for greater accuracy in it's control; and finally the D-Pad is far, far improved, it's much easier hitting the diagonals (perfect for emu's) and overall just feels nicer.

The fact that it looks a lot better :D (imo of course) is a bonus :D It's not a fingerprint magnet either, or a scratch magnet. This thing is gonna look just as good in a years time (with the patented "Dazzla's Gadget Take Care" technique ;) ).

Glad I bought it, now I'm going to go back to playing Winning Eleven 9. See you in a few weeks :happy:

Edit, quick comparison shot:

25.jpg

WhitePSP08.jpg

Damn that white PSP is very sexy !! seems to go well with the nano as well :yes: i was looking at getting one anyway but the white just seems so much more pleasing than the black, guess its time to really save those pennys for one now :D