Sony PSP

Sold off my black PSP a couple of months ago (bought it from Amnesia back in January)

Got my white PSP from Amnesia this morning. Looks so much better than the pictures - they really don't do it justice. It's a lovely translucent white finish just like the my iPod nano. I won't try to take any, as Dazzla's do a good job. :)

Downgraded to 1.5 with no problems at all. :D

I have to say, these are much better than the black systems. It's not just that I prefer the look of the white, the whole system feels much more solid, and better built. The square button works exactly like the others now, and the d-pad is a big improvement. It's got a little more freedom to move around, feels a bit more raised up, but more importantly; doesn't squeak! (with the black PSPs, the d-pad is made of the same material as the rest of the front, which is what does it) Shoulder buttons are perfect as well, and no dead pixels.

I haven't done a direct comparison, but the screen seems to be better (than my original system at least)

Was a little disappointed with Homebrew; had been told that SNES games were running 100% now, but that's not the case. Some games might, and it looks like PAL games would run "full speed" (never seen it go below 51fps) but the games I really wanted to play still have to have the sound turned off.

Just going to try some SCUMM games.

can someone explain more fully whats wrong with the square button? i dont notice anything wrong with mine... but i'm not that demanding of this toy lol

the shot with super mario all stars made me dig up the rom and figure out how to get the emulator working lol (it was temeramental at first... i'm not touching the files now, since its working haha)

how much is 185 bp in us dollars? almost $350?

can someone explain more fully whats wrong with the square button?  i dont notice anything wrong with mine... but i'm not that demanding of this toy lol

the shot with super mario all stars made me dig up the rom and figure out how to get the emulator working lol (it was temeramental at first... i'm not touching the files now, since its working haha)

how much is 185 bp in us dollars?  almost $350?

586633044[/snapback]

http://xe.com :)

can someone explain more fully whats wrong with the square button?  i dont notice anything wrong with mine... but i'm not that demanding of this toy lol

how much is 185 bp in us dollars?  almost $350?

586633044[/snapback]

The early Japanese PSP's had a problem with the square button, either it was because it was too close to the screen or wasn't making good contact with the pad - that's been fixed for months though. Sounds like Sony fixed some other small issues with the white model - my shoulder buttons make a fair bit of noise, like they aren't as tight as they could be.

Are the buttons on a white PSP slippery like on a black one? That drives me nuts when I'm playing a game and the tips of my fingers slip because of the convex design and un-textured buttons.

Recieved my White PSP this morning, my god, it's so much better looking in the flesh :D

The build quality is definetly improved over my JAP Black PSP, it just feels more solid and doesn't creek as much, plus no dust under the screen which i had with my black PSP :happy:

As for the screen, it might be a slight bit better than my black one (if any), but not noticeably..Overall, very happy with it :D

Just a few questions.

Where can you buy a white PSP?

Will they be coming to the US?

Do they already have the 2.01 firmware?

Doesn't really matter to me but what region? 2?

Can you change the region a few times like a cd/dvd drive?

1. lik-sang.com or yesasian.com

2. it hasn't been planned.

3. the ones 'in stock' should be 2.00 firmware (like what dazzla recieved)

4. REGION 2 -- Japan, Europe, South Africa, Middle East, Greenland. It means that dvds that are 'region locked' (like umd's) can only be played in region 2 devices. (ie: white psp)

5. As of now, there is no 'region changer' so to speak.

4. REGION 2 -- Japan, Europe, South Africa, Middle East, Greenland. It means that dvds that are 'region locked' (like umd's) can only be played in region 2 devices. (ie: white psp)

586672290[/snapback]

Does that mean you can only play imported games?

Nice review. :D I'm thinking of picking up a PSP sometime in the near future, so I'll definately import myself a white one from Japan. Lik-Sang.com is the best import site, right?

If I get a Japanese PSP, are all the buttons, logos, etc. going to be in English, like Nintendo products are? Can Japanese PSP be used in English? What about the instruction manual(s)?

Nice review.?:DD I'm thinking of picking up a PSP sometime in the near future, so I'll definately import myself a white one from Japan. Lik-Sang.com is the best import site, right?

If I get a Japanese PSP, are all the buttons, logos, etc. going to be in English, like Nintendo products are? Can Japanese PSP be used in English? What about the instruction manual(s)?

586682334[/snapback]

Yes the button text will be in English and there is an English language option in the firmware.

The instruction manual will be Japanese only I think - someone else may want to confirm that. My PSP which I bought in Spain came with a manual in Spanish and Portuguese only but after reading it, there's nothing of any real use in there anyway.