Bill G. Donated 3 Million

they also were quick to act right after 9/11... :yes:

between Microsoft, Cisco, HP and IBM they were able to restore the NYC control center in less than a week after it was destroyed on the WTC... this just shows where the money you pay for MS products ends up... :happy:

Way to go. People thinking he should have given more, he is not CASH rich as much as he is FINANCIALLY rich. He is WORTH a lot of money, it doesn't mean he HAS a lot of money (although he most likely has access to it).

And also, for those who comment on the US giving $25m and the UK giving ?15m, these are INITIAL donations. Massive sums of money need a hell of a lot of burocracy to get access to.

Some people should really know how finances work before making such retarded comments.

I feel bad for I have not yet donated a penny, but am waiting for pay day and will give some then. I know whatever I give is a meaningless amount, but enough trivial amounts can make one major difference.

(I can't be bothered searching the other pages to see if this has been written,but....)

They'll make a tax deduction on all of that and won't actually pay a cent. Most likely the money (donation) will come from MS's sub-companies and the major corp. will claim it as a loss. etc, etc.

That's all fine, but 3 million is a little cheap. Bill would be spending 3 times that on his new years eve party.

Microsoft. Pffff. The dude is seriously-soft.

Well 3 mill is a drop in the Ocean for someone who is worth $40 billion.

He could have easily given a billion and not even blinked at it.

Nice gesture though. Every little helps.

585203040[/snapback]

No, he could not have dropped a billion and "not even blinked at it". You do realize Bill Gates doesn't have a couple billion dollars in his wallet, right? He donated more than his share and it's insane that people would expect him to have donated more. How much do you think Richard Branson or David Beckham donated?

I don't get it: there are some who complain he *only* gave $3million. How much have *you* given? What gives you the right to start saying he didn't give enough?

Look: when you do better than what Mr. Gates has done, I'll shut up.

(I can't be bothered searching the other pages to see if this has been written,but....)

They'll make a tax deduction on all of that and won't actually pay a cent.  Most likely the money (donation) will come from MS's sub-companies and the major corp. will claim it as a loss. etc, etc.

That's all fine, but 3 million is a little cheap.  Bill would be spending 3 times that on his new years eve party.

Microsoft.  Pffff.  The dude is seriously-soft.

585203232[/snapback]

As cynical as you are and as evil as you love to make him out to be, he just helped out more than you or I ever could, and thats the simple bottom line.

Good for him, although I expected more. Every little bit helps.

585203005[/snapback]

if you want more why don't you do the same with your own money?  :rolleyes:

585203068[/snapback]

tollllllllld :rofl:

They'll make a tax deduction on all of that and won't actually pay a cent.  Most likely the money (donation) will come from MS's sub-companies and the major corp. will claim it as a loss. etc, etc.

That's all fine, but 3 million is a little cheap.  Bill would be spending 3 times that on his new years eve party.

Microsoft.  Pffff.  The dude is seriously-soft.

585203232[/snapback]

thats what you see, 3 million as cheap. all i see is food and shelter for atleast a million people. which is much more than generous on his part imo.

585203232[/snapback]

Yes, i'm sure you're soooooooo busy :rolleyes: In the time it took you to write out that retarded response you could have atleast read the original post saying to take replies like that elsewhere.

Regardless, $3Million will still help a LOT of people. (Y)

585203005[/snapback]

if you want more why don't you do the same with your own money?  :rolleyes:

585203068[/snapback]

tollllllllld :rofl:

Bill is awesome. He's ambitious, smart, and Generous. It's good to hear his helping out.

585203215[/snapback]

Not only that he's also a great father, I'd never seem such dedication for family values in a person but that's the way the Gates family has always been. Bill's dad (Bill Jr.) is a well known lawyer in the Seattle area and his mother (Mary) was a teacher before get married; Bill first child, Jennifer Katherine, was born on April 26, 1996 and a son, Rory John Gates, was born on May 23, 1999. A third child, Phoebe Adele Gates was born in 2002. Bill's mother, Mary Gates died in 1994. Bill has two sisters, Kirsti and Libby. Kirsti is one year older than Bill and Libby is nine years younger. :happy:

The Gates family rules big time... :p

Good on you Bill Gates! Every cent will help. If every really rich person in the world was as free with their money as Bill and his wife is, we could probably help clear Africa's debt as well. Well done Bill Gates, the world needs more people like you!

585203005[/snapback]

Every LITTLE bit? You act like he only donated half a buck, give him some credit.

Nice one Bill (Y)

that is very generouse considering that all of US is just donating 25 million.  im very happy that one person is donating this much he should be president

585203037[/snapback]

Now there is an idea. Auction off the Presidency. :yes: