tsunami experience

Wow. My best wishes to all those that survived and my sympathies to the families of those who did not. This is all so very sad. If only the governments of the Indian Ocean countries had invested in warning systems...

I have already made my donation and I hope that every single one of you that has anything to spare, does as well.

wow that must of really been scary :(. My step brother was in Goa in India at the time, that was far from a lot of this, but the tide went out half a kilometer, and a few beach houses were flodded, i cant imagine what it must of been like at the full heart of this. Hope you get to your family and friends asap.

Hope you see you parents soon,

I saw the clip on BBC TV where someone had been like 15meters away from the shore and was recording this massive wave.

Not sure whether he survived or what but he must have to show the recording.

Chris.

Hope you get fine soon.

What can i say.. :( Everyone saw the news and your message & xpablo, is just .. terryflic awsome.

I'm praying for the victims and for those who survived and need help.

There are a few families who live down the block from me who were also affected by this incredible horror and we simply don't know what we can for them except donate and keep them optimistic but it's terribly frustating for everyone involved, more so them.

I have some friends who were is Sri Lanka visiting family, Only heared from them yesterday, due to the knocked out communications. I hope this is the case with your parents. I have already donated ?150, Best of luck finding your parents and rebuilding your life

Anyway, Just let all the neowinian know, Malaysia still very safe, only a few places affected by tsunami such as Penang and Langkawi Island, However, these places have been recovered, tourists still playing at beach as usual, the residents here still work and live like normal.......

chills were going up my spine reading your post...i don't know what to say to you..just so glad that you are alive..i could cry at the huge loss of human life..

It only takes one knock from mother nature to do this...makes me realise how helpless and insignificant we really...and also angers me that people die everyday from man induced wars..something which can be stopped, as opposed to something which cannot, such as this tragedy.

Last note..remember to pledge your support people..do whatever you can.

Good post!

Sad to read though. Good thing you pulled it through, sadly a guy I've known for 7 years with his spouse and older kid didn't.

Terribly disaster, and perhaps what makes it even worse is we really don't have anyone to blame for it..

Sorta OT: I hear they're asking to stop donating as they've recieved more than enough.

I suppose there may be a brtight side to this though. China can rebuild to better than they were.

Edited by Codegen