Xbox or Gamecube - Game wise

speaking of this thread, How do you like your gamecube deepfriedmario?

i seen your picture in the post your gaming areas thread, and you have Donkey Konga.

I'm really liking the GameCube so far and happy with my decision though I do have enough money to buy an Xbox but I'm not much a hardcore gamer so don't see the reason to. I currently own four games: Paper Mario 2: The Thousand-Year Door, Donkey Konga, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and Pikmin 2. I think I'm currently happy with the games I have chosen and they are all varied in genre though I do find Wind Waker less fun than the rest, then again, I haven't played it much.

I also bought a third-party universal s-video cable for the GameCube. I know it wasn't a good choice to choose a third-party over first and now I know why. The thing doesn't even work with the GameCube, the screen is blank yet I tried it on my PlayStation 2 and it works perfectly. I e-mailed Mad Catz and now I'm waiting for a reply back.

Now all I need to buy is the Nintendo Wavebird controller so I don't need to sit on the ground. Only thing keeping me from buying it at the moment is the fact it doesn't have a rumble feature which I love as it notifies me when things are happening.

I'm really liking the GameCube so far and happy with my decision though I do have enough money to buy an Xbox but I'm not much a hardcore gamer so don't see the reason to. I currently own four games: Paper Mario 2: The Thousand-Year Door, Donkey Konga, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and Pikmin 2. I think I'm currently happy with the games I have chosen and they are all varied in genre though I do find Wind Waker less fun than the rest, then again, I haven't played it much.

I also bought a third-party universal s-video cable for the GameCube. I know it wasn't a good choice to choose a third-party over first and now I know why. The thing doesn't even work with the GameCube, the screen is blank yet I tried it on my PlayStation 2 and it works perfectly. I e-mailed Mad Catz and now I'm waiting for a reply back.

Now all I need to buy is the Nintendo Wavebird controller so I don't need to sit on the ground. Only thing keeping me from buying it at the moment is the fact it doesn't have a rumble feature which I love as it notifies me when things are happening.

585394317[/snapback]

Yeah, Logitech didn't release a Cube version of theirs. They're also very good controllers, I guess they figure it's tough competition going up against a first party product like that.

I think I'm currently happy with the games I have chosen and they are all varied in genre though I do find Wind Waker less fun than the rest, then again, I haven't played it much.

585394317[/snapback]

You need to get the three jewels or whatever you are collecting first. There is a huge plot twist and then things start to really pick up from that point on.

You need to get the three jewels or whatever you are collecting first.  There is a huge plot twist and then things start to really pick up from that point on.

585396109[/snapback]

And then it comes to a halt again later when you have to look for 8 more things, and none of these will be in dungeons (well, a couple are in mini dungeons, but most are just unlocked by one puzzle)

I liked the game, but it has it's problems. Pacing is the main issue, very uneven.

Xbox for sure. The games on the gc look nice but they only release a couple of good ones a year, so a gc isn't worth getting just for MarioKart, Metroid, Zelda.

xbx- platformers look better on xbx-

ex: sphinx.

the character looks faded n' washed out on gamecube- while on xbx they're crystal clear.

the gc runs blur's to mask graphical shortcomings- which tends to b hard on the eyes.

(i also noticed this in starfox, although starfox by rare was such an awesome game- it's the reason to buy a gc)

- o, and don't get a gc for fps- should b common knowledge.

i got die hard: vendetta n' the control sukd so freakin much- stupid c button stick going clunk clunkity clunk- headshots my arse.

585223246[/snapback]

HAHAHAH!! Whatever!

The Gamecube's shortcomings as you say are not shortcomings. The Cube is a very powerful console. Sure, not quite as powerful overall as the Xbox, but still very much so. The BLUR you are talking about, is actually a hardware feature called DEPTH OF FIELD. Put your hand in front of your right eye about 10 cm away, and look past it. Notice how your hand appears blurred while the object you are focusing on in the room is sharp?

That's Depth Of Field. It's when your eye focuses on one distance and therefore the objects in other distances are blurred.

Watch a movie. See how the camera lens replicates this effect.

Oh yeah, and get out a few Xbox games, because quite often you'll see it in these games too.

The Gamecube can draw enough polygons, and has just as many colors, and runs at the same screen res and refresh as the Xbox. The ONLY reason the Gamecube version of a game might not look as 'clear' or be more 'washed out' is that the developer in question caused that.

I am a games artist and have plenty of experience with all the above. So rest assured, the Gamecube has NO problem displaying almost anything an Xbox does.

ozzycat- think a GameCube could play Chronicles of Riddick? :whistle:

585404396[/snapback]

Yes.

People don't have a ****ing clue about the Gamecube's power, because Nintendo don't talk about it enough. MS was always about specs. Nintendo don't do that.