Xbox or Gamecube - Game wise

I didnt called xbox original, im just calling it better...

585225669[/snapback]

Actually you are calling it original, first you say why GC isnt original and then you say why Xbox is.

You're such a fan boy it isnt even funny :no:

Believe me that 8gb hard drive isnt really enough...

Im not really a rich guy who can buy a lot of games..so I take the chance of opportunity...as it will come to xbox, and will have extras and stuff...it is prefferable to buy them.

I edited thar 2 controller part..

Believe me that 8gb hard drive isnt really enough...

585225700[/snapback]

Unless you're saving your whole game onto the HD, 8 gb is enough.

I edited thar 2 controller part..

please go back an edit your spelling too

Im not really a rich guy who can buy a lot of games..so I take the chance of opportunity...as it will come to xbox, and will have extras and stuff...it is prefferable to buy them.

extras? Explain.

Actually you are calling it original, first you say why GC isnt original and then you say why Xbox is.

You're such a fan boy it isnt even funny :no:

585225697[/snapback]

I call it only better, I know that xbox is a pc..has everything in it as a normal pc, yeah yeah, but still you all have a pc and you can have a mic, and chat with friends during playing...and xbox was the one who introduced that function into consoles, yes i know that games like hey you pikachu, mic, communication, but not online...what else, if i reffer to originality of xbox, it is at least that its the microsoft first console...

I call it only better, I know that xbox is a pc..has everything in it as a normal pc, yeah yeah, but still you all have a pc and you can have a mic, and chat with friends during playing...and xbox was the one who introduced that function into consoles, yes i know that games like hey you pikachu, mic, communication, but not online...what else, if i reffer to originality of xbox, it is at least that its the microsoft first console...

585225731[/snapback]

and what a blazzing fast PC! with 733mhz processor and 64 mb of ram! :rolleyes:

585225731[/snapback]

Wait didn't Socom instroduce that? I forgot which was first :s .

Nintendo has ALOT of original ideas but they are stupid. Some work out, most don't. At least they are still trying.

About online. Nintendo was going to try it with Mario Kart DD but then decided to cut it for some reason. I don't know why because thats a majour selling point. The reason Xbox is starting to do so well is Xbox Live.

Oh and who ever said the XBox controller is original, well not really, its just Dreamcast + PS2 controller fused together.

REAL gamers wouldnt compare either against eachother. There both good or else they wouldnt be around still and wouldve made an announcement like Sega did and decided to drop production.

Wait didn't Socom instroduce that? I forgot which was first

you know what!? i think you are correct. i remember buying SOCCOM US NAVY SEALS for the PS2 at the exact date the network adapter came out. and the Network Adapter. although my ISP did not support the Network Adapter at the time, that was pretty horrible. all has fixed now. Then i recall within 1 month or more the X-Box Live was released.

About online. Nintendo was going to try it with Mario Kart DD but then decided to cut it for some reason. I don't know why because thats a majour selling point.

i dont think so, if you tried to LAN it over warp-pipe you would see that the network code isn't the cleanest and its very slow. maybe its something they were going to talk about before it was started, but the lan code could use a real major improvement.

REAL gamers wouldnt compare either against eachother. There both good or else they wouldnt be around still and wouldve made an announcement like Sega did and decided to drop production.

to be honest, i dont think a lack of selling stuff put them under, all my friends had a sega genesis back in the day, (even i did). i think it might of been mis-management. someone big didn't know how to handle the cash. and the GameGear was more popular to my friends then the GameBoy.

and yes i understand your concern about gamers arguing wich is better, i tried to make a unbiased post and Mr. "Knuxus" here just made a totally biased post against my comparison and it didn't make sence. and you kind of got to compare the two consoles (its appropriate for the thread type).

what the creator of this thread wants to know is which console is better for his needs, i wrote down what kind of needs each console fufills, many people argue that the X-Box graphics are better. However he doesn't want graphics does he? but yet theres different game types i compared.

Be back tommorow, your comments still arent enough to make a gamecube better.

i am not trying to make the gamecube better in no way what so ever, im trying to argue your false accusations about the gamecube, the gamecube is a fine machinery for everybody. you make the gamecube sound like a machine that cant run anything and is only for kids. People have preferences you know, and your post made me angry, i dont think you even read one word i made and i was just the post before you.

its like this. from a few key words you said i can guess you love microsoft. well, go into Open Source OS Discussion and start saying how much better Microsoft Windows is over Linux. they dont ague you because you have weird tastes and they are trying to get you to switch (well.. some maybe :p). they argue you because to them you make no sence what so ever or your comments mean nothing to them.

I have a friend who runs Linux 24/7. He says its so much better then windows, maybe it is? but linux isn't me. and thats why i am pro gamecube. X-Box does not suit my needs of a gamer. as mentioned above, i do not use x-box live or nor do i have use for half the games of the x-box. if you want to call them kiddy games go ahead. "I Like Kiddy Games" :cool:

Edited by Dale

i dont think so, if you tried to LAN it over warp-pipe you would see that the network code isn't the cleanest and its very slow. maybe its something they were going to talk about before it was started, but the lan code could use a real major improvement.

585225848[/snapback]

No they really said that it was going to be online but then they cut it. I remember that because that was the reason me and my friends were going to buy it.

Nintendo never said Mario Kart would be online.

There were rumors of course. And I think Miyamoto made a comment about Mario Kart being a good kind of game to go online with if Nintendo wanted to, but that would be the extent of it.

Wow some pretty pathetic responses here. I like the effort to insult by saying something like "I guess your point of view is pretty accurate, except that it is in no way accurate" thats a good tmplatefor insulting someone.

Anyways On to my opinion I'd have to say

Xbox has the best titles. I play GameCube at my friends and have fun but overall the Xbox is better console with a better games. GameCube is more multiplayer oriented and has fun games like MarioParty series. But my vote goes to XBOX, exspecially modded.

Yeah, but how long can Nintendo keep going like this? They don't seem to be able to read the market very well. Their stance on online gaming was that it is not ready for the mainstream. LMAO! :laugh: When Halo 2 was released many ISP's had trouble due to the huge strain it put on them, so I think it's fair to say it's quite popular already.

Nintendo backed cartridges (N64) when others used CD's (PS, Saturn)... Nintendo backed half-size DVD's (Gamecube) when others adopted full-size DVD's (PS2, Xbox) and could play regular DVD movies. Unless they start properly competing soon, then I fully expect their consoles will head the way of Sega - the one strength they have is their handheld domination, but it looks like Sony is trying to put an end to that.

Nintendo do great games, but in very small quantities. Even though the consoles are cheaper, they offer less value for money in comparison to the PS2 or Xbox.

Nintendo do great games, but in very small quantities. Even though the consoles are cheaper, they offer less value for money in comparison to the PS2 or Xbox.

i disagree, like i said earlier.. its all in tastes, i gladly ditched my PlayStation 2 for a GameCube. My neigbor would do the opposite. hed gladly ditch his x-box for a playstation 2. and then my other neibor ditched his playstation 2 for a x-box.

you gotta ask yourself the few questions, what kind of games do i prefer?

i disagree, like i said earlier.. its all in tastes, i gladly ditched my PlayStation 2 for a GameCube. My neigbor would do the opposite. hed gladly ditch his x-box for a playstation 2. and then my other neibor ditched his playstation 2 for a x-box.

you gotta ask yourself the few questions, what kind of games do i prefer?

585226107[/snapback]

I with this guy. I prefer gamecube, I just love the zelda games. Who cares if Wind Waker is cartoony it is still fun.

you didn't miss much

585226193[/snapback]

Didn't think I would.

There've been so many threads like this: fanboys on either side fighting back and forth about why their console is the greatest thing since oxygen. Why can't people just leave constructive comments?

The arguing gets old.

personally, xbox has more games that i play. but i believe that to be considered a true gamer, you must embrace all systems. i still play my ps2 more than anything, dreamcast comes in seconds with xbox and gamecube tied for third.

Yeah, but how long can Nintendo keep going like this? They don't seem to be able to read the market very well. Their stance on online gaming was that it is not ready for the mainstream. LMAO! :laugh: When Halo 2 was released many ISP's had trouble due to the huge strain it put on them, so I think it's fair to say it's quite popular already.

Nintendo backed cartridges (N64) when others used CD's (PS, Saturn)... Nintendo backed half-size DVD's (Gamecube) when others adopted full-size DVD's (PS2, Xbox) and could play regular DVD movies. Unless they start properly competing soon, then I fully expect their consoles will head the way of Sega - the one strength they have is their handheld domination, but it looks like Sony is trying to put an end to that.

585226047[/snapback]

This may come as a shock, but you do realize that Nintendo still makes a profit? Believe it or not they do make money on the GameCube, but especially with the GBA and DS. Just because they do not have blowout sales of their systems and games, doesn't mean they are going the way of the dodo. There is nothing wrong with making a normal profit even though it is not something spectacular. They have been around for 20 years and I do not see them going away anytime soon.

And I do not see anything wrong with their half-sized DVD games either. There is nothing wrong with them for wanting to stop piracy and their method works. Compare the amount of pirated games between the PS2, XBox, and GameCube. There is a huge difference. Instead of losing millions of year to piracy they have actually done something to stop it.

Offer less value in money then PS2 and XBox?! Yea right. The console is $99 and their best selling games are $20. Any game you buy that is made by Nintendo you know it is going to be good, but 2/3 of all PS2 and XBox games are crap.

Edited by jmole

The GameCube continues Nintendo's tradition of the greatest first party titles available anywhere- ever- easily releasing games that contend with the best there's ever been.

Metroid-Zelda-Mario.

If you're looking for thousands of mediocre titles, you won't like the 'Cube. That's not to say there are thousands of outstanding titles either, because there aren't.

What you'll find is a console worth buying for a specific handful of games- each of them better than just about everything on the market and easily worth the price of the GameCube alone.

I prefer Japanese type games so I got the PS2. But out of the XBOX and GameCube I would probably go for the XBOX just cause it can do a lot more (HD, movies, apps, emulation, etc).

Wow, so what is the reason for the console war pitting Gamecube and Xbox? There's no need to try and argue about which is superior to the other and I know I didn't start this as I clearly stated that I want to know which would be better to suit me with the games that each console comes out with. I did read all the replies besides when the real argument came up which there, I just skipped a huge chunk of this thread.

So reading it, there were many mixed opinions, thought it would be much easier but I believe both would be good for me like someone stated earlier. I like how Nintendo has many fun factor games but with that, most of the fun comes from playing it with friends which I don't have many living close enough. I know I would get a kick out of the Mario games, the upcoming Zelda game as well as Super Monkey Ball but Xbox is just holding something towards my head making me want that just a bit more.

I think I need some more time just seeing which one fits me more.

Xbox Crystal LE with 2 games = $250

Gamcube with 2 controllers and 1 game = $99

PS2 Slimline Chassis-K = $199

Canadian Pricing.

the gamecube is the best deal. The xbox is the best console.