Mac Mini Questions Thread

Jonathan Downin
Do a search on eBay on closed items for the Mac mini.  See what others like yours have been going for.  You could always list it with a reserve price.  If it didn't sell, at worst you'd be out a few bucks.  At least you could be sure that you wouldn't sell it for less than you wanted.

585399878[/snapback]

How do I search closed items? :blink:

macman87
How do I search closed items? :blink:

585399932[/snapback]

Use 'Advance Search'

Jonathan Downin
Use 'Advance Search'

585400068[/snapback]

I tried, I don't see any option for searching closed items... :no:

Southern Patriot
I tried, I don't see any option for searching closed items... :no:

585400100[/snapback]

Put a check next to "completed listings only" in Advanced search. That will only return closed items.

Here's a link to a search for completed Mac minis, sorted highest price first:Completed Mac minis on eBay

From the looks of it, good luck trying to get $1200 (although most of these look to be stock 1.25Ghz machines).

Edited by roadwarrior
ssvegeta384

why did you buy it if you're just going to sell it?

I put money down on my mac mini at the mac store today. should be getting a call soon for when some new ones come in, cause they only got 8 in on saturday.

generalnewbie

i didnt feel like reading all 9 pages but.. kevin rose from the screensavers

already moded his... he installed a new 100 gig 2.5in 5400 rpm a labtop HD

and updated the ram to 1 gig of DRAM 333 pc2700 btw...The mini uses PC2700. You can put PC3200 in it, but it will only run at PC2700 speeds.

so to answer both questions YES AND YES

Check out mac memory .. info here

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300572

Edited by generalnewbie
Jonathan Downin
why did you buy it if you're just going to sell it?

I put money down on my mac mini at the mac store today.  should be getting a call soon for when some new ones come in, cause they only got 8 in on saturday.

585400347[/snapback]

Because as I said I am a bit short on cash now (unexpectedly) and if I can make a $200 profit off of it I don't mind waiting a month or so until I can get another. :p

Argot

Thinking about getting one and connecting it to the plasma in my living room, only dont know how im going to control it.

Anyone seen a bluetooth/wireless keyboard with a touchpad on it?

Is there a PVR solution for the mac?

doug_jnr

Is there a PVR solution for the mac?.....

good question.

ANYONE?

Southern Patriot
Thinking about getting one and connecting it to the plasma in my living room, only dont know how im going to control it.

Anyone seen a bluetooth/wireless keyboard with a touchpad on it?

Is there a PVR solution for the mac?

585400633[/snapback]

I haven't seen a Bluetooth keyboard with a built in touchpad, but I have seen infrared ones with a small trackball built in. They are usually PS/2 based, but a USB to PS/2 adapter will solve that issue.

Argot
I haven't seen a Bluetooth keyboard with a built in touchpad, but I have seen infrared ones with a small trackball built in.  They are usually PS/2 based, but a USB to PS/2 adapter will solve that issue.

585401235[/snapback]

Was hoping to use bluetooth as the mini only has 2 usb ports, was thinking one for a tv tuner and one for an external drive. Didn't want to have a usb hub and all the cables hanging around

Dacracka

Can I add Airport Extreme to it later?

Southern Patriot
Was hoping to use bluetooth as the mini only has 2 usb ports, was thinking one for a tv tuner and one for an external drive. Didn't want to have a usb hub and all the cables hanging around

585402921[/snapback]

Then use the FireWire port for the external drive. You'd get better transfer rates anyway. Bluetooth wouldn't work all that well from across the room anyway (depending on the size of the room), as the range is kind of limited. Even if you did have to use a hub, I've seen some really tiny ones, usually sold for laptops.