What do you drive?

ive had my liscence for 2 months now, (im 24 -pathetic i know ;)) -and my aunt gave me her car, ive been driving around in it and it gets me from A to B. Im not a huge car afficinado but its a 1994 Dodge Spirit. I think it has a V6 but i dont know anything else about it, like how much HP is has! :( it would be nice to know even though its not a crazy super car, it does get me from A to B and Im thankful for that! no more being squished into a public bus next to people who have never heard about deoderant! hahahaha

ive had my liscence for 2 months now, (im 24 -pathetic i know ;)) -and my aunt gave me her car, ive been driving around in it and it gets me from A to B.  Im not a huge car afficinado but its a 1994 Dodge Spirit.  I think it has a V6 but i dont know anything else about it, like how much HP is has! :( it would be nice to know even though its not a crazy super car, it does get me from A to B and Im thankful for that! no more being squished into a public bus next to people who have never heard about deoderant! hahahaha

585624898[/snapback]

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=dodge...G=Google+Search

It's right there man :sleep:

errr i dont know about u, but simply typing dodge spirit for me in google means sifting through pages and pages of stuff that i cant make sense of :p im not asking anyone to do the leg work for me, it was more or less a retohrical question seeing as it doesnt bother me enough to know because im not a gear head and being able to just get from A to B means a lot to me ;) heheheheh

well i started reading reviews of my car and came across this stat:

a 3.0-litre V6 (141-142 hp.)

thats my car it has a 3.0 litre V6 which they say equates to 142 horsepower. Is that any good?

OH and heres a huge question... Im a very impatient person, so when leaving my driveway and little townhouse complex i often gun it to the stop signs and have to brake hard, how bad si this for the car? Also someone once told me that i have a "heavy foot" as in i press the accelorator too much too fast- he said that if i eased off the gas it would be better for both the car and usage of gas... is this true?

well i started reading reviews of my car and came across this stat:

a 3.0-litre V6 (141-142 hp.)

thats my car it has a 3.0 litre V6 which they say equates to 142 horsepower.  Is that any good?

OH and heres a huge question... Im a very impatient person, so when leaving my driveway and little townhouse complex i often gun it to the stop signs and have to brake hard, how bad si this for the car? Also someone once told me that i have a "heavy foot" as in i press the accelorator too much too fast- he said that if i eased off the gas it would be better for both the car and usage of gas... is this true?

585625084[/snapback]

well, to answer your questions, if you like replacing your brake pads really soon, and you like beating on your car, then by all means, go ahead and keep doing what you're doing. also having a "heavy foot" will result in poor gas milage cause every time you floor it you send the computer's ECU into closed loop mode and it starts to pour fuel into the motor to keep up with the fact that you just opened the throttle to it's max, and then you let off all the sudden, so lots of unburnt fuel goes out the tail pipe.

That and it means you are making the car work very hard from cold, which will ultimately lead to increased wear on engine components. You are supposed to treat cars with a bit more care for the first 15 minutes or so of driving until the oil gets to a safe operating temperature..

Keep driving your car as you are and not only will your fuel bill be huge, and your engine rebuild expensive.. but speeding around everywhere after having only passed 2 months earlier will see you getting into an accident and soon. Every new driver thinks they are invincible because they don't know what the cars are capable.. I thought my granddad didnt know what he was talking about after I passed my test and he said "Now you can learn to drive!" - few weeks later I was racing some friends, and almost ended up in a serious wreckage after going too fast into a roundabout and jamming the brakes on in a car with no ABS.. taught me a lesson and quick!

That car gets its lineage from the K cars. :) The Shadow had a nonintercooled turbo on an I4. It made like 120 hp or something but they were tough little cars. Especially for the 80s, early 90's.

They had bad problems with the paint peeling though.

A bike.

Its a cool bike though. Its got Shimano click-shifters and dual-spring suspension.

Im gonna upgrade to disc-brakes soon.

I know i've already posted but borrowed a good camera from work this weekend (Nikon D70) and had to show off :)

My much loved 1992 Corrado G60 :D

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

585611338[/snapback]

I love your car.

if I can find one here in Markham, ill buy it.

what $$$ does it cost in good condition?

2001 VW Golf 1.8T

Nickname: None yet

GLS 1.8T Engine

HP: 150 @ 5800 RPM / Torque: 162 @ 2200 RPM

Transmission: Standard

0-60 in Not sure

First mod will be to chip it which will push it to 192 hp / 199 ft/lbs torque.

Tinting and a new deck is also coming. No sub though, I would rather the trunk space.

This is basically my car with the exception of a sunroof deflector and vw mud flaps... I will put an updated on one when it gets nicer outside.

vw.jpg

I love your car.

if I can find one here in Markham, ill buy it.

what $$$ does it cost in good condition?

585631160[/snapback]

Good question.. I live in the UK so its hard to say what the prices are like in Canada!

But if you are seriously considering a Corrado, head over to the message boards for the Corrado Club of Canada.. some really nice guys there who i'm sure would be able to answer some questions for you :)

http://www.corrado-club.ca

HTH :D

my car is a 1998 honda civic

100 horses just tearing away underneath the hood-waiting to be unleashed.

im gonna stop sugar-coating it...the car is ****ing slow but i love it

I already posted in here back in January...but less than a week later I got my new ride:

Ivory White 2005 Pontiac G6 GT

3.5L V6, 200HP w/ 220 ft.lbs. torque

Auto w/ Manual Shift Mode

Leather Upgrade

Remote Starter

OnStar & XM

img04196lo.th.jpg

img04209bw.th.jpg

img04174kr.th.jpg

img04196lo.th.jpg

Chevrolet Lacetti in a month or two :) ...our current car is wasted :(

585671226[/snapback]

^sweet looks like a cavailer but we dont have that hatchback in the us :)

scsgoal31, nice ride man I love pontiacs. The G6 GT is a nice addition to their lineup

Here's my bonnie

97 Pontiac Bonneville SE

3800 3.8 L Series II V-6 (L36)

101,000 Miles running strong. Very fasttt/clean engine

I love this car :)

WoW Thats a beauty u got there , a very well kept, maintained Bonnie! well done.

I like Pontiacs too they r nice cars :cool: