Definitive Home Theatre setup thread

hehe, well yeah, it's not done just yet... That's the next thing i was gonna post about. I am looking for bigger dvd storage units now to put on the other side of the tv..

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?j=...d=1051384056640

is one i saw but i dunno if i like it..

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1051384082936

is another one but i'm already up to 143 DVDs here.. about 190 totalled with all that's borrowed included. So i'd already be maxed out. I'd like a metal, gray color or black and silver about 46"s high and maybe 25"s wide... looks like i might have to get it custom built.

What do you guys use?

Oh and here's a more updated picture with my component rack i just bought...

post-698-1112708556.jpg

I'd post mine but I don't have access to a digital camera now.

I am in a dorm room...

Infocus X1 projector

Fusion HDTV III gold qam tv tuner in my computer

creative 5.1 speakers

Actually only cost about $5000 for the whole setup(computer included)

Just upgraded mine today... and boy... is it beautiful!

Sanyo 30" HDTV with built in HD Tuner (new.... droooool)

Motorola Dual Tuner DVR / HDTV Capable Cable Box from Comcast (Component to TV, Optical Audio to Receiver)

Pioneer A/V 5.1 Receiver (No 5.1 yet, just 2.0 :( )

XBOX with High Definition Pack (Component to TV, Composite Audio to TV (for now))

Sony Progressive Scan DVD Player (also new today... S-Video to TV, Digital Audio to Receiver)

Sirius Receiver (Composite Audio to Receiver)

I'm so proud... but my checkbook feels it...

And my god, 6 remotes.. :no:

That's my next thing, to get one of those Logitech universal remotes or something.

post-12815-1113161535_thumb.jpg

My next, and unfortunately last post.

Due to the feedback on topics I have seen

(Not referring to the ones I have posted in earlier)

As well as the fact that that there is over 550 Syntax errors on the front page alone increasing CPU load among other things.

And the fact that the coding for the Submit Post page is so bad that it spikes my browsers CPU Usage to 100% with nothing else open (No other forum I have seen does this).

I have decided that it is a waste to post here any more.

For forum admins/mods, try making a better first impression, they really are important.

Goodbye

And for some of you, try being nice for once. :no:

As for my home theatre... Here..

Go to this site for higher quality pictures

http://home.earthlink.net/~n45800/data/Home%20Theatre.html

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Nice HT people, I wish I had a HDTV set. It may be coming in the next few years. For now I'd really like but with the 80" projector and the 50" RPTV I may forget it :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

RCA 61" DLP HDTV cut into the wall. Speakers haven't been mounted yet but they will be inside the wall too. Also, I am not a photographer so no comment on the flash ;)

post-4401-1115091920.jpg

XP desktop at 480p

post-4401-1115091971.jpg

Lilo & Stitch in Zoom Player Professional

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone. I'd like to know in what direction should I place my rear speakers for my home theater system. Should I place them behind my couch facing my TV, or should I place them facing each other? Thanks.

I'd post mine but I don't have access to a digital camera now.

I am in a dorm room...

Infocus X1 projector

Fusion HDTV III gold qam tv tuner in my computer

creative 5.1 speakers

Actually only cost about $5000 for the whole setup(computer included)

585729652[/snapback]

aw that sucks, i wanted to see what a picture of the x1s picture output looked like

im interested in the X1 and found it for very cheap online, any problems? hows the bulb life, its one of the big things im worried about, i would jump but yikes... any info you can provide? ive looked at reviews and everything online but none really compare to real life situations, id like to hear it from neonian. lol thanks.

i actually just went back and saw lots of people have the infocus, post your pics people!

Edited by eminem213486

• 1 month later...

This is my Setup

LG 42" Plasma TV

Modded XBOX

Pioneer DVD/CD Reciever XV-HTD330 5.1 Surround Sound

Motorola Cable Box

Sony VCR

and a couple computers

post-78230-1121019268_thumb.jpg

post-78230-1121019317_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Actually I just hooked up my moms dell which has mce on it to try it out. Must say MCE looks amazing on this tv.

I just need a new tv stand + speakers and I'm set :)

• 1 month later...

This is the LCD I purchased in my other post, This LCD is amazing in person, and the upside is that it was very cheap. ?500 in fact. I got the best shots I could but its just so vibrant and great in person. The model is a VideoSeven 27".

MCE is looking so great on this machine.

post-58977-1128184977.jpg

post-58977-1128184993.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My nearly finished setup. Just got to sort out the back window, add media center pc, get wife to get rid of her cat things :crazy:

Setup:

Samsung 43" Plasma

Bose Lifestyle 48 Home entertainment system

Sky+ 160

1.png

2.png

3.png

My nearly finished setup. Just got to sort out the back window, add media center pc, get wife to get rid of her cat things  :crazy:

Setup:

Samsung 43" Plasma

Sky+ 160

1.png

2.png

3.png

586791728[/snapback]

B3AN, please tell me where you got that entertainment armoire where you plasma is attached. I NEED EXACTLY THE SAME THING. Can it fit 67" TV in that area where your plasma is? How high does it go? My ceiling in the house is at 9'.

Thanks! Btw, nice setup, you have similar taste as me.

My current setup in the living room of my temporary apartment:

- Sony 36" CRT

- Onkyo sound system 1000W 5+1 Dolby Digital/DTS

P1070003.jpg

Since they just finish building my custom house, the whole house will be wired with audio/video goodies with complete surround sound throughout the house for ambiental music with individual setups throughout the rooms.

Setup that will be installed in 2 weeks:

- Living room: Samsung 6Gen 67" 1920x1080 Samsung top-of-the-line 1080p DLP + Onkyo latest 7.1 DTS receiver + Polk Audio floorstanding speakers 5+1 + Harman Kardon DVD player

- Loft/Office area: 42" Panasonic plasma + 1000W DTS Onkyo 5+1 setup / Pioneer DVD Player

- Master bedroom: Samsung or Panasonic 32" LCD HDTV wallmounted (still not decided)

- Current TV in that photo goes to the 2nd guest bedroom.

- HDTV digital cable throughout the house with individual HDTV decoders in appropriate places and additional satellite TV for maximum selection of HDTV channels and euro TV.

B3AN, please tell me where you got that entertainment armoire where you plasma is attached. I NEED EXACTLY THE SAME THING. Can it fit 67" TV in that area where your plasma is? How high does it go? My ceiling in the house is at 9'.

Thanks! Btw, nice setup, you have similar taste as me.

586824874[/snapback]

Thanks.

I got it from a shop called La Galleria (at Lakeside, UK). They don't have a website I'm affaird, and items from them are made to order and take quite awhile to ship from Italy. They are quite expensive but well worth it.

Iv got a 68" on order, it will fit fine. Same with the height. There were no mounts that came with the unit so I had to drill the needed holes for wall mounts and cables myself.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My nearly finished setup. Just got to sort out the back window, add media center pc, get wife to get rid of her cat things :crazy:

Setup:

Samsung 43" Plasma

Sky+ 160

images snipped

oh MY god, thats a really nice setup man, nice crib aswell!