Best SNES games ever

I think chrono trigger was pretty good

I also liked bomberman

What are your favorite snes games?

killer instinct was also cool

killerinstinct.jpg

585376579[/snapback]

lol, you just mentioned my two favorite games for SNES, chronotrigger and killer instinct :-D.

Chrono Trigger, Mario RPG, Earthbound (when will we get another one?!), A Link to the Past, Illusion of Gaia, Final Fantasy III, Super Mario Kart...

I miss the simpler times :rofl:

My personal top-list (notice a theme in first 3?)

1. Terranigma

2. Illusion of Gaia

3. Soul Blazer

4. Final Fantasy V

5. Final Fantasy VI

6. Final Fantasy IV

7. Chrono Trigger

8. Tales of Phantasia

9. Star Ocean

10. Zelda: A Link to the Past

11. Super Smash TV

12. Megaman Soccer

13. Super Tecmo Bowl I

14. NBA Jam Tournament Edition

15. Super Mario All-Stars

16. Yoshi's Island

17. Kirby's Dream Course

18. Super Mario Kart

19. Bahamut Lagoon

20. Live a Live

21. Super Mario RPG

22. Ogre Battle

23. Secret of Mana

24. Dragon Quest 2

25. Treasure Hunter G

26. Seiken Densetsu 3

27. Lufia 2

28. Romancing Sa-Ga 3

29. Romancing Sa-Ga

30. Ultima VI

31. Wizardry V

32. Lufia

33. Ultima VII

34. Wizardry VI

35. Secret of Evermore

Super Punch Out

Super Mario World

Super Mario Kart

Killer Instinct

Mortal Kombat II

Street Fighter II Turbo / New challengers / Super

Chrono Trigger

Legend of Zelda : A Link to the past

Super Smash TV

Super R-Type III

Super Metroid is definitely my favourite game on the system, and possibly my favourite game of all time.

Super R-Type, and R-Type III: Third Lightning are great shooters (shame about the GBA port though :()

Super Metroid is definitely my favourite game on the system, and possibly my favourite game of all time.

585378911[/snapback]

I'd have to agree with you on that. The Metroid and Castlevania series shouldn't have ever left the 2d world. They make the consoles worth still owning today.

I'd have to agree with you on that. The Metroid and Castlevania series shouldn't have ever left the 2d world. They make the consoles worth still owning today.

585378929[/snapback]

Castlevania should have stayed 2D.

Metroid did the right thing: it divided without losing it's roots. The Prime series isn't in then same vein as the traditional Metroids. It's an extension of the sidescrollers, and it's absolutely brilliant.

Metroid did the right thing: it divided without losing it's roots. The Prime series isn't in then same vein as the traditional Metroids. It's an extension of the sidescrollers, and it's absolutely brilliant.

585378972[/snapback]

Well, I haven't had the chance to play the prime series too much, but the controlls were extremely awkward from what I did play. When I play a FPS I NEED a mouse and keyboard. Controllers just don't cut it. Is there a way to play gamecube games with a mouse/keyboard? Then I'd rethink the game entirely.

Prime isn't a traditional first person shooter. It's a first person platformer with a heavy emphasis on action. Really, the puzzles are the tough bit- not the enemies.

I know why you thought the controls were awkward: slow turning, not being able to rise or lower your gun without stopping, no dual analog... yeah. It seems like a pretty underwhelming control scheme at first. Once you get into it and realize it's not meant to be a shooter, though... that's when things open up.

Actually, Metroid Prime is my favorite current gen game :blush:

I'd recommend playing it all the way through if you have the chance.

Chrono Trigger and Tales of Phantasia. Both of them are RPGs, but they're just absolutely amazing. After playing those two games, my interest in current gen RPGs began to waiver. I knew full well that nothing I played could ever top those two games.

585378972[/snapback]

The 2D Castlevanias on the GBA are great, and there's a new one coming to the DS. :D Loved Super Castlevania IV and Dracula X on the SNES too...

As for Prime; I'm a huge Metroid fan, and loved Prime/Prime 2, but I would still rather see them in 2D.

They do change a lot of the fundamentals, and as such, they're not great "Metroid" games, but are great games in their own right.