My Next Computer...

personally, i think that is the worst case lian-li has ever made. i love lian-li cases, but not this one. i am not a fan of the board being mounted upside-down, the 120mm on the outside of the back. and the fact that there's not reset button. but, it does leave the mb are nice and clean, since everything else in on the bottom.

Don't worry about speakers... i really don't know what do you do about that area.. my desk is way to small for 5.1 or whatever right now.. i'm gonna keep the speakers I have.

Edit: The OP said that they wanted the system within 4-6 weeks; I seriously doubt the X800XL will even be out by then. ****in ATI...  :angry:

585395786[/snapback]

X800XL is already out but the retailers have guaged the price up because there is no Nvidia PCIe card of similar performance in the $300-$400 range.

Motherboard I would go with the Abit Fatality

aa8xe.jpg

585396131[/snapback]

i'm such an ASUS Junkie though... been through 2 fabulous boards already (CUSL2-C, P4P800 Deluxe) I just can't find a reason to switch.... :blush:

Holy mother of aluminum batman!!! :| you can stick a dead body in that thing.

585396116[/snapback]

NIIICEEE !!!!

Motherboard I would go with the Abit Fatality

aa8xe.jpg

585396131[/snapback]

That thing is the one endorsed by the Quake king Fata1ity , right ? I read reviews on it and they said it was simply OK, nothing outstanding...the Fatal1ty vid card was a x700 wimpy thing.... but that ASUS mobo he has listed is widely considered the best on the market...

i'm such an ASUS Junkie though... been through 2 fabulous boards already (CUSL2-C, P4P800 Deluxe) I just can't find a reason to switch....  :blush:

585396155[/snapback]

Same here, i can't find a reason to switch either, this is my second board from ASUS as well, my first was the P4P800 too :happy:

NIIICEEE !!!!

That thing is the one endorsed by the Quake king Fata1ity , right ?  I read reviews on it and they said it was simply OK, nothing outstanding...the Fatal1ty vid card was a x700 wimpy thing.... but that ASUS mobo he has listed is widely considered the best on the market...

585396156[/snapback]

This is an update using the 925 chipset, what I like about it is what it doesn't include, no Serial, parallel, ps2, floppy and only 1 PATA port.

I agree though if you always use Asus and like it stick with them, I am the same but with Intel based Abit motherboards.

Now that's a case worthy of this setup.

585396207[/snapback]

which? the wavemaster or the Lian-Li?

Tomshardware Gave teh Lian-Li the highest score of all.

which? the wavemaster or the Lian-Li?

Tomshardware Gave teh Lian-Li the highest score of all.

585396221[/snapback]

The Lian-Li of course. :cool:

I still have a PS/2 keyboard....soooooo i still need some legacy port. I dont' use Serial , Parallell anymore..but I still have my trusty 5.00 PS/2 COmpusa keyboard. :D

Also in yellow and blue

CMwavemaster_blue.jpg

I have personally ordered the blue Wavemaster as I think its a great case and stands out from others.

585396233[/snapback]

That blue would go well with Steven's 2001FP :p

NIIICEEE !!!!

That thing is the one endorsed by the Quake king Fata1ity , right ?  I read reviews on it and they said it was simply OK, nothing outstanding...the Fatal1ty vid card was a x700 wimpy thing.... but that ASUS mobo he has listed is widely considered the best on the market...

585396156[/snapback]

Actually I beleive he's the Unreal "king" but yet, made for him.

I actually like the look of that lian li. The only problem I would have with it is that it has way too many holes in the front of the case. I would have to clean out the dust every week if I had that in my apartment.

Just my opinion, its a great system you got there,

But...

3.2c - to a 3.6j Not a lot of increase really

The 6800 Ultra is nice, though

Wouldnt you be better of with keeping what you got, buy a 6800GT and run that for another 6-9 Months?

I think its a waste what you buying really for a minimal upgrade.

The Graphics card is the biggest leap.

Again, Steven we have a similar setup... and all that is going to cost around ?1,620.58. For that price i Would of expected a higher spec.

Just my Opinion. Sorry if its not welcome

yah..but this is not just about going from 3.2GHz to 3.6GHz It's really about building a complete new machine with all the latest stuff. It know it seems foolish but its not just about the CPU.

I'm going to overhaul my disk drive and optical setups as well.

The ICH5R doesn't take advantage of any Command Queuing technologies. The ICH6R does which means I need a new board.

Both WD Raptors have TCQ.

I really want a new computer that only uses SATA. My Board only has 2 SATA ports a brand new board with ICH6R has 4 with all the newer controller options.

So without buying an additional controller card for my present board I would not be able to fit the new drives into my current system.

I want to improve my I/O performance while improving the technology of my computer.

Doing that will unfortunately require an overhaul.

^True mate

I do envy you... though

My setup seems so old :(

Overall, as a new system it much more complete and high end latest tech etc as you said.

2 Raptors will be nice... :D

I think its a good setup then :p

Did you mention Speakers? I know you said a Audigy 2 ZS...

And I never liked that case... It looks so appealing now.

And yeh, the Wavemaster is a good case... Its just.. small it seems.

Id have to have that Lian Li with a window, (Off topic, is that possible?)

My speaker situation is limited to my desk, which is unforunately very tiny. After all it was provided to my when I move in to my apartment by my school.

I will have to keep my old and busted Boston Acoustic BA735 2.1 system for now. Believe you me I would buy a setup of those Logitech ones in a heartbeat.