how many of you here have switched to mac?

Originally posted by Vlad

Heh, Macs, an IT guys worst nightmare :s

yeah you get that when you're only trained to support one operating system.

Originally posted by Dazzla

lmao :D :D

I gave up using the one button mouse after about 20 minutes. I tried, I really did.

I must be one of those dumbasses that Apple sell to, to even contemplate using it.

Intellimouse suits me down to the ground, at least MS do something right...

I'm tellin ya, you have to stick with it, I gave up about the first 5 times I tried and went back to the boomslang.

Indeed.

Photoshop was very easy, as it kept the interface that was designed for a 1 button mouse when it was ported to the PC.

Using modfy keys with the mouse becomes easy after a short time, indeed it seems more logical to have one hand for control and the other to modify the use of that control.

This, as ever, is just my personal view. I'm not a gamer these days, I prefer to spend time using Photoshop.

--

unspec

Yea, the one button mouse thing is one of my hesitants before i get my iBook. I'm not sure if I should get the Apple Mouse or buy another MS Intelli Mouse. One question...If you plug an MS two button mouse into a Mac does the right button even do anything? Does a context menu come up when you right click?

Originally posted by GatorZx2

Yea, the one button mouse thing is one of my hesitants before i get my iBook. I'm not sure if I should get the Apple Mouse or buy another MS Intelli Mouse. One question...If you plug an MS two button mouse into a Mac does the right button even do anything? Does a context menu come up when you right click?

Yeah, OS X has context windows everywhere, it's kinda like windows like that.

I've got an intellimouse and installed the normal intellipoint software, I have wheel click as double click and the left and right as back and forward. Exactly the same as my PC.

Thanks Dazzla, I had no idea. Now I am thinking i will buy another Intelli Mouse instead of the Apple one since i get two buttons for less money, but then the apple mouse is so damn good looking:D Man, form or function? I've always been taught "form follows function."

Originally posted by timdor

Well, I just got the internship I wanted to day. So, with financing, I'll most likely be getting a new iMac this summer (toward the end). Let me just say, I'm WAY too excited :D

Between that and the upgrades to my AMD box (aka. "The Rig") I'll have all the gaming power I need, plus all the Aqua goodness I can stand...

JOY!

just got the credit card i need (10.99 fixed with a $5000 limit), so i can finally buy this thing!

yah!!! oh, and educational discounts ROCK!

whats better though, the educational discount, or the macmall.com prices? i thought macmall was cheaper...

well, it's only 50 on the system, but i'm getting an iPod too, so it's about $90 total. hey, any discount is a good discount :D

I just wish I didn't have to buy this in the fall, becuase I want that $100 off iPod bundle rebate... :/

oh me oh my... a bunch of retarded mac users..

should have expected it though, mac users are always *****ing the loudest about something..

i have plent of experience with mac's.. although i do avoid them like the plauge. this place i used to work a few years ago, well the owner was a "mac" guy, and he hired a "mac dork" to do the "crap mac" work.. so i went with him one day and listened to him spew his mac propaganda, about how great they are and about how they dont lock up and blah blah.. let me tell you when we got to this "mac" shop.. (about 20 mac's and 2 mac servers) these people had a list of problems 3 miles long for us to fix.. i though oh, how great these macs were, we'd be in and out.. oh about 8:30pm we got dont solving most of there problems..

macs are junk. period.

it's only my opinion which i'm entitled to.

lets talk NeXT .. apple goes out and buy NeXT OS and i'm sure all of you know all about NeXT OS, well apple decided to buy it up, and give it a new name.. hense OS/X is born...

although i'm not happy with apple destroying a very good OS i am glad someone is putting it to use..

now i understand how the linux guys feel..

Originally posted by blitzkrg

oh me oh my... a bunch of retarded mac users..

should have expected it though, mac users are always *****ing the loudest about something..

i have plent of experience with mac's.. although i do avoid them like the plauge. this place i used to work a few years ago, well the owner was a "mac" guy, and he hired a "mac dork" to do the "crap mac" work.. so i went with him one day and listened to him spew his mac propaganda, about how great they are and about how they dont lock up and blah blah.. let me tell you when we got to this "mac" shop.. (about 20 mac's and 2 mac servers) these people had a list of problems 3 miles long for us to fix.. i though oh, how great these macs were, we'd be in and out.. oh about 8:30pm we got dont solving most of there problems..

macs are junk. period.

it's only my opinion which i'm entitled to.

lets talk NeXT .. apple goes out and buy NeXT OS and i'm sure all of you know all about NeXT OS, well apple decided to buy it up, and give it a new name.. hense OS/X is born...

although i'm not happy with apple destroying a very good OS i am glad someone is putting it to use..

now i understand how the linux guys feel..

Explain to me, in what way does this answer the question "how many of you here have switched to mac?".

Huh? It doesn't?

Save your "anti-mac propoganda" for someone who actually cares, i.e. maybe some 5 year old... :right:

dazzla just some people can't afforde 1337ness ;)

blitzkrg - just cause you can't handle the one button mouse don't got to go postal on us :p

just becuz your a mac dork doesnt mean you can say who can and can not talk in your thread..

i wasnt answering that question and i wasnt claiming to.. i was mearly interjecting my opinion.

if it's not to your liking that is tough titty.

die apple die...

just becuz your a mac dork doesnt mean you can say who can and can not talk in your thread..

i wasnt answering that question and i wasnt claiming to.. i was mearly interjecting my opinion.

if it's not to your liking that is tough titty.

die apple die...

So what you posted amounts to spam and jsut proceeded to make you look like the ignorant little teenager that you are.

And "die apple die..."? Wow, you really are disturbed, let us all know cause we're really interested, what OS do you use?

And mac dork? Wow, I find that offensive and hateful. I feel that you are Victimising me because of my OS :roll:

those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

i'm 27, born 12/6/74

and i feel "victimized" by you calling me an ignorant teenager..

look at it this way.. there are to many bill bashers in this world.. we need to keep a balance.. so i'm an apple basher.. it all works out in the end.. trust me..

So what you posted amounts to spam and jsut proceeded to make you look like the ignorant little teenager that you are.

And "die apple die..."? Wow, you really are disturbed, let us all know cause we're really interested, what OS do you use?

And mac dork? Wow, I find that offensive and hateful. I feel that you are Victimising me because of my OS :roll:

certainly.. i feel old as it is.. so i consider that a compliment..

Originally posted by unsanity

hmm may not be a teenager but u act like one. that better?

...so i'm an apple basher...

But this isn't the time or place for it.

And if you feel victimised, report me. That seems to be the sort of level you operate at based on your "die apple die" comment.

It's pretty sad that at the age of 27 you feel the need do defend code by provoking hate and flaming.

i'm insulted that you think i'm a narc.. maybe that is your way of handling things, by "reporting people" - but that isnt my way..

dont get your panties in a wad.. it's all in good fun..

But this isn't the time or place for it.

And if you feel victimised, report me. That seems to be the sort of level you operate at based on your "die apple die" comment.

It's pretty sad that at the age of 27 you feel the need do defend code by provoking hate and flaming.

i'm insulted that you think i'm a narc.. maybe that is your way of handling things, by "reporting people" - but that isnt my way..

dont get your panties in a wad.. it's all in good fun..

But it's your way to enter a perfectly good discussion and ruin it with needless flaming.

It's not all in good fun because recently I was beginning to think that Neowin was becoming a place where people could have a decent discussion without the pointless hate, such as the taskbar vs dock thread.

That involved fanatics of both OS's but never degenerated into a hate thread. It was informative and there were good points from both sides.

There are other ways you know.

oh boo hoo.. it's the internet man.. stop trying to act like this is a church or something.

that is what forums are for.. if you want to have a peacefull conversation, call your buddy down the street.. forums are a public place for all to give there opinions.. wanted or not.. liked or not.. that is the point.. it's open expression of everyone, like them or not..

i interjected my opinion.. i said mac's suck.. i think they do.. that is my right to think that and speak that.. and to be technical, to type that.

you however bashed me for posting my opinion that you apparently dont agree with. and i bet you'd like it if i shutup.. that would be basically censorship on your part..but those who have all the power think like that.. .

you've irritated me and become a waste of keystrokes.. i'll end this here..

have a nice day.

But it's your way to enter a perfectly good discussion and ruin it with needless flaming.

It's not all in good fun because recently I was beginning to think that Neowin was becoming a place where people could have a decent discussion without the pointless hate, such as the taskbar vs dock thread.

That involved fanatics of both OS's but never degenerated into a hate thread. It was informative and there were good points from both sides.

There are other ways you know.

oh boo hoo.. it's the internet man.. stop trying to act like this is a church or something.

that is what forums are for.. if you want to have a peacefull conversation, call your buddy down the street.. forums are a public place for all to give there opinions.. wanted or not.. liked or not.. that is the point.. it's open expression of everyone, like them or not..

i interjected my opinion.. i said mac's suck.. i think they do.. that is my right to think that and speak that.. and to be technical, to type that.

you however bashed me for posting my opinion that you apparently dont agree with. and i bet you'd like it if i shutup.. that would be basically censorship on your part..but those who have all the power think like that.. .

you've irritated me and become a waste of keystrokes.. i'll end this here..

have a nice day.

Far from that, but I fail to see the point in turning on a PC simply to aggrevate and "waste keystokes" as you keep saying.

As for me bashing you for not having the same opinion from me, far from it. I am not ignorant enough to think that everyone should think like I did and I wouldn't try and censor anyone. I'm saying that there are far beter ways to express your dislike for a platform without looking like a fool.

As for you not replying to this thread any more, well, I'm pretty sure you will because you seem to crave on the fact that you can "waste more keystrokes" on me.

If you don't reply, then I would have gladly been proved wrong and this thread can continue for the purpose intended.

No this is Neowin. a *Nice and Clean* Place to sort your discussions this isn't an AoL Chat room bud.