how many of you here have switched to mac?

Originally posted by ~~NeYo~~

XP Crashed again today, Entirely Out of the Blue ... F**king thing, Doesn't matter how many times u Re-install it, it Still gets up 2 what Windows Is reknown for! .... i AM CERTAIN its All Down 2 the XP - nVidia pair up... will it EVER be Fixed?! ... i'm sick of downloading drivers that Don't aid it in ANYWAY! ...

Cus when it Crashes, it Cocks up a Lotta Stuff ... i lose my Temp Files on P2P For Example... its a B****D! Argh!

NeYo

Geez, how horrible. Sounds like windows Me more than XP (shudder...resources, FAT32). Anyway what are you running and what NVIDIA drivers do you have (28.32 are perfectly stable for me, in fact they all were except 23.11 which made my computer unable to resume from standby so I used 23.12)

Well Dazzla said he hasn't needed to open his XP laptop since he got his iMac so excpet for gaming I think it is safe to say Macs do just as much as PCs. Since you are a big gamer I understand your need to stay with a PC, can't blame you for that.

Originally posted by darkmark327

I liked how it looked, it does have nice eye candy (I was using Glass2k to make my windows semi-transparent too but as I said that results in random crashing and in all honesty I don't care too much) but anyway I really just couldn't stand the unfamiliarity (yes I know I could learn it, buy why? the PC can do everything the Mac does) although I hate using other windows machines for that reason (I have my PC customized very different from the default) but I would say the main reason is inferior gaming performance. I being an avid gamer require the cutting edge performance and compatibility that only the PC can provide. Essentially it boils down to "Macs cost more and look nice (I love the design for the new Imac with the attached screen) but do less."

Now I'm starting to understand. A mac would be absolutely awful for you simply because of games. That I can understand.

I was never a PC gamer, very much a console person so the mac suited me down to the ground. Like you, the first day on OS X felt alien, but now I would go as far as saying that I'm pretty well clued up.

Also like you, I had everything in XP set up exactly the way I wanted it so when I used it I simply knew my way around, other peoples setup (especially over remote desktop) felt weird.

IF i get a job this summer i'm gonna get meself a mac :D

i kept changing my mind for the last year, but i made it up now, i'll wait till later this year n see how the prices are if they do change, if i get one for about $2000 CDN (or around there) i'll get an ipod n stuff n if its like $2500 or so i'll just get a printer :s

well actually i'm using Windows XP for a long time, since RC2, and it crashed only 2 times. yup. and believe me, i hacked the explorer.exe lots of times, and many other dlls. still work like a charm. i never saw a blue screen actually... and my windows was working for 15 days, i had to restart just because i installed something...

so Windows XP isn't so bad.

You are right WINDOWS XP ROCKS!

If you are having crashes and blue screens, you need to look at your hardware, cause you've got a heck of a lot more problems than Windows XP. I've run it on old machines and new machines a like and never had a problem with it.

There is an older Nvidia chipset that Nvidia simply has not been able to make decent drivers for. That is not an XP problem, that is Nvidia's problem and that is why they removed that chipset from the market.

Its amazing how many people just automatically blame the OS, instead of looking at the real culprit. I guess its just easier to blame the OS.

Macs use the same hardware, yet you don't hear of OSX crashing anywhere near as much as WinXP or any other windows build. From what I've read, its pretty hard to get OSX to crash on you. Only real reason for a restart is for some software installs. Looks like a Windows problem to me.

Originally posted by otacorb

You are right WINDOWS XP ROCKS!

If you are having crashes and blue screens, you need to look at your hardware, cause you've got a heck of a lot more problems than Windows XP. I've run it on old machines and new machines a like and never had a problem with it.

There is an older Nvidia chipset that Nvidia simply has not been able to make decent drivers for. That is not an XP problem, that is Nvidia's problem and that is why they removed that chipset from the market.

Its amazing how many people just automatically blame the OS, instead of looking at the real culprit. I guess its just easier to blame the OS.

yea, it has somthing to do with VIA chipsets and Nvidia, but XP owns.

I want to get a MAC laptop, im getting a job this summer, BUT.. i also gotta get a vehicle.

I finally got my titanium g4 powerbook and let me tell you this thing looks like a work of art. I was soooo close to getting a sony vaio grx 570 with the 16.1 screen. But I'm so glad that I got the titanium instead! I love this thing. Wow so many posts since i last came. For those of you who are putting down mac's, quit talking out of your asses. You guys are just buncha stubborn ********s who think PC are superior to the world just cause so many people use them. Well let me tell you something. If you ever wanna be serious and be productive, mac is the way to go. If you want to play games all day long get a PC. I have 3 PC's and 1 mac, and OSX is very easy to use compared to windows xp. That is so true that macs can do everything windows can but 10x easier. Why take the complicated step when Macs can make the job easier? and thats what i like about mac's. They're simple, easy and straight forward. Not like windows all complex. I use my mac mostly for graphics and stuff. I don't even touch my PC anymore. I just leave it there to play games once in awhile but thats about it. But I do everything with my mac now and I love it so much! It's so worth the money. I admit I use to be like some of the ppl here saying oh macs suck, pc rules, blah blah. That's cause I never really took the chance to get to know one. And to those who come on here talking ****, you guys are just jealous cause apple's are like the meredez/porsche/bmw/lexus of the computer world as oppose to PC's which are the fords/chevy's of the computer world. No need to cap on us mac users just cause you guys are ignorant PC user's who think you're all superior to us just cause you cant afford a real computer.