Best Version Of Windows...

Windows Me? :rolleyes: I would say NT4... Based on its value back when it was new... It was an enhanced 32bit 3.51 NT kernel in a Windows 95 shell! Even back then, it was clear that the NT kernel would be the way to go...

I'd have have to say

Win 2000 for stability

Win XP pro for functionality

Win 2003 for performance

585432799[/snapback]

Server 2003 is very stable. Plus, it's the little things that 2000 can't do that bug me. For example, I can't just yank out a flash drive....

'Best' is relative to whatever you want to use it for, personally I would only use XP / 2000 these days for two reasons:

1) Still supported by updates

2) Very useable

For some people, a Windows OS may not be 'best' at all, as I said, it depends on what you want to use the system for.

i liked 98se the best because it seemed to improve 95 a lot and had pretty good support for games (still does). it's also pretty easy to network with too and it didn't use a ton of system resources. 95 is my second fav windows OS because it was really shocking to have the explorer shell instead of program manager and it was a big jump from dos.

XP har the same stability that 2000 offer, don't know why people think 2000 have better stability.

Windows 20003 is Windows XP with less resource hugging services etc, that a server OS doesn't need.

I think XP is the better one. XP is the first Windows that have been cleaned up properly since Windows 95. 98/ME and 2000 have just added features on top of things with no special planning IMO. With XP everything is very clean and well arranged.

585432942[/snapback]

is Windows 20003 out yet!!!!!! :D

For me I think it would be Windows XP/Longhorn whenever it comes out. See I grew up with a packard bell @ 75Mhz and very very little ram so I bought an HP with 900Mhz and 384Ram, and now I just bought a much better computer. So yeah XP.

In my opinion, Windows 2000 is the best version.

For me I think it would be Windows XP/Longhorn whenever it comes out.  See I grew up with a packard bell @ 75Mhz and very very little ram so I bought an HP  with 900Mhz and 384Ram,  and now I just bought a much better computer.  So yeah XP.

585441348[/snapback]

Ahhh, remembering those old days. My first computer was a packard bell also, with 50MHz, like 750mb HD, 8MB RAM, and I cant remember the rest. I upgraded it to 100MHz, bought a 8GB HD at that time was the biggest :p

and 32mb RAM. It was fast back then :D

XP - Built on New Technology and still supports all the media stuffs that 2000 does not. (Y)

My first box was a 75mhz Packard Bell w/ 8MB RAM (33mhz SIMM's) and a 1MB onboard video adapter... and it used to play this game called Arena. :laugh:

edit: just remembered... it had a HUGE 550MH HDD taht was 525MB formatted... that thing caused me nothing but problems, and had to be RMA'd 2 weeks and about 8 hours of tech support.

Edited by MyServerGuy