An Awsome Honda

If Honda's are made cheap.... Does a Bmw or a merc have Electric Leather recliner seats that have seat heaters and a massager? Which car would you prefer to ride on a cold day lol. Its the small innovations and things that make your life easy that count. BMW and Mercs are just prestegious cars thats it. Not bad for a company that started making lawn mover and boat engines eh.

If Honda's are made cheap.... Does a Bmw or a merc have Electric Leather recliner seats that have seat heaters and a massager?  Which car would you prefer to ride on a cold day lol. Its the small innovations and things that make your life easy that count. BMW and Mercs are just prestegious cars thats it. Not bad for a company that started making lawn mover and boat engines eh.

585522270[/snapback]

their cars are made cheap. Look at civics. Thats a base model entry car. Then look at my car, an 02 ford focus, base model. I'd take the focus any day, and yes i have driven both. I look more towards power in a car than comfort. A honda? Their engines are notoriously known for producing low torque at lower rpms, and almost nothing at high rpms. Yea honda's are 'more efficient' with their horsepower rating, but read the fine print. Thats right... a civic gets 127HP at a whopping 6500RPM! Also... 95% of honda cars (excluding the acura CL, TL, Prelude and Civic Si models) use exposed bar lines for their shifters, where as... even the base model focus uses cabled lines, that makes for smoother shifts.

Also... rear wheel drive. Name one honda car OTHER than the NSX and the S2000 that are RWD. RWD makes for better handling in poor weather conditions.

Also, BMW's and Mercedes have electric leather recliner seats.

Get off the rice buddy. Hondas are just another cheaply made pokemon car.

their cars are made cheap.  Look at civics.  Thats a base model entry car.  Then look at my car, an 02 ford focus, base model.  I'd take the focus any day, and yes i have driven both.  I look more towards power in a car than comfort.  A honda?  Their engines are notoriously known for producing low torque at lower rpms, and almost nothing at high rpms.  Yea honda's are 'more efficient' with their horsepower rating, but read the fine print.  Thats right... a civic gets 127HP at a whopping 6500RPM!  Also... 95% of honda cars (excluding the acura CL, TL, Prelude and Civic Si models) use exposed bar lines for their shifters, where as... even the base model focus uses cabled lines, that makes for smoother shifts.

Also... rear wheel drive.  Name one honda car OTHER than the NSX and the S2000 that are RWD.  RWD makes for better handling in poor weather conditions.

Get off the rice buddy.  Hondas are just another cheaply made pokemon car.

585522340[/snapback]

Well i m not sure about honda civic's or the ford focus's but therz some thing very special about the 1991 legend hence its an "Awesome honda" i dont even like the legends after 1995 because of their lexus like design. The 1991 Honda legend was an original design and was wayyyy ahead of it time. the 1987 Honda legend was slightly box shaped too but the 1991 was a different car totally. Back then Tuner cars were not popular with european market but this car was pretty cool. Once agian i stress that this cars Engine is a Real gem, the other day i took a look at a 1998 merc E class engine bay... I was like wherz the rest of the engine lol :o. Yes you are right merc's n bmw's do have leather recliner seats and every thing else the 1991 legend probably has but look at the serious money u pay for these extras as if its not available in any other car in the world :woot:

post-94829-1109189294_thumb.jpg

their cars are made cheap.? Look at civics.? Thats a base model entry car.? Then look at my car, an 02 ford focus, base model.? I'd take the focus any day, and yes i have driven both.? I look more towards power in a car than comfort.? A honda?? Their engines are notoriously known for producing low torque at lower rpms, and almost nothing at high rpms.? Yea honda's are 'more efficient' with their horsepower rating, but read the fine print.? Thats right... a civic gets 127HP at a whopping 6500RPM!? Also... 95% of honda cars (excluding the acura CL, TL, Prelude and Civic Si models) use exposed bar lines for their shifters, where as... even the base model focus uses cabled lines, that makes for smoother shifts.

Also... rear wheel drive.? Name one honda car OTHER than the NSX and the S2000 that are RWD.? RWD makes for better handling in poor weather conditions.

Get off the rice buddy.? Hondas are just another cheaply made pokemon car.

585522340[/snapback]

wow you could not have been more misinformed buddy. Your focus is front wheel drive too. The base model civic has the same 0-60 mile times as your focus.

their cars are made cheap

oh thats why the civic has better test crash scores than ur focus? And more reliable? And have a better resale value?

also, its not 95% genius, dont even try to exaggerate.

And you cant say "name a honda that has RWD", and then say "excluding the NSX,RL and s2000" thats significant amount of their lineup dumbsh!t.

Hondas are just another cheaply made pokemon car.

another? wow.. i guess thats why millions and millions of people buy hondas!!

btw your non-cheap Ford Focus is assembled :ninja:co... :ninja:

next time you bash car brands, use some real facts.

^^edit

o yeah, nice car Sharque, although ill take that 5 series bimmer over that anyday

Edited by Ultomato

If Honda's are made cheap.... Does a Bmw or a merc have Electric Leather recliner seats that have seat heaters and a massager?  Which car would you prefer to ride on a cold day lol. Its the small innovations and things that make your life easy that count. BMW and Mercs are just prestegious cars thats it. Not bad for a company that started making lawn mover and boat engines eh.

585522270[/snapback]

they do actually, next question?

they do actually, next question?

585526166[/snapback]

where they Standard in all Bmw 5 series and Benz E class? I've looked at at a few and they have cloth seats with manual adjustmets, also they cost about ?1000 - ?2000 if you want it as an Xtra option. :yes

I dont think the 5 series and E class came with seat massagers n heaters either so at least the makers of the Legend tried it ya know.

toyota owns lexus, or other way around (lexus is 300, toyota altezza)

585507781[/snapback]

Not anymore. Lexus used to be a subdivision of Toyota and used many of the same parts and even bodies. However, a few years ago (maybe even 1yr?) Lexus split off into its own company.

On a sidenote.. never liked the IS series.

wow you could not have been more misinformed buddy. Your focus is front wheel drive too.  The base model civic has the same 0-60 mile times as your focus.

oh thats why the civic has better test crash scores than ur focus? And more reliable? And have a better resale value?

also, its not 95% genius, dont even try to exaggerate.

And you cant say "name a honda that has RWD", and then say "excluding the NSX,RL and s2000" thats significant amount of their lineup dumbsh!t.

another? wow.. i guess thats why millions and millions of people buy hondas!!

btw your non-cheap Ford Focus is assembled in mexico... :ninja:

next time you bash car brands, use some real facts.

^^edit

o yeah, nice car Sharque, although ill take that 5 series bimmer over that anyday

585524044[/snapback]

ok... lets see all of your first paragraph. TOTALLY untrue. Maybe it resells for more but...

1) I raced a honda civic EX model that has an ECU, intake, and exhaust. I only have an exhaust. I had him by 2-1/2 car lenghts.

2) better crash test scores? right. I wasn't talking about that "cheapness". Just open the door. Theres exposed screws for the door panels, and everything is made of cheap plastic that rattles if you take off at low rpms (my friend in his EX takes off at about 500 to 1,000 RPMS, so do i, no rattling in the focus).

3) You didn't even mention about the cabled/bar shifter thing??? To me shifting is important. I hold on to my shifter when i drive and i don't want the bitch rattling when im driving (my friends in his civic was worse than my direct link ford f150) PLUS the torque applied on his shifter when he takes off often pops it out of gear. Ya brilliant

4) Reliable? Uh... yea my car has no problems. My friends civic... he was driving down the road one day when his check engine light pops on. Brings it to autozone... 3rd cylinder misfire and all of his O2 sensors are bad. Sometimes his tranny doesnt go into reverse. Actually, most of the time.

5)Maybe it scores more on safety but when i was going down to seaside after prom last year, i saw a nice sedan civic crashed into a tree. All that was left was the back end of the car (the only way you could tell it was a sedan, actually the only way you could tell it was a civic). That makes me feel real safe.

i don't go by "facts" you read from car companies and review websites. I go by real experience.

people only buy hondas because

1)its well known that they don't announce their recalls, but if you go to a dealership for routine maintenance, they do the recall for you, then just tell you they "found something wrong with it" and fixed it for you. Import companies are NOT required to announce their recalls in the US. Domestic car companies are.

2) They are competitively priced compared to other better cars such as nissan, or mitsubishi. Which would you buy if you were on a budget. A civic or a sentra?

the only honda's i like are the CL (my friends dad owns one) the prelude, and the civic si

other than that the rest really need to go thru quality control.

Edited by giantsnyy

umm.....

Ford Quality vs. Honda Quality

Are you serious? The civic will be going down the highway when your ford's at the junkyard.

So they don't announce recalls? How is it that they mailed me of a recall on my 95 accord in 2000?

oh yea?

my friends 2000 civic ex has 3 recalls on it that he was never contacted about. He had to go online and research it.

and that comment about the civic going down the highway while my ford is junk is totally ignorant. It depends on how you treat and maintain the car. My 96 F150 was running perfectly. Original everything minus the transmission which had a casting defect in it, and it blew up on my dad. When i traded it in it only hada replaced transmission and clutch. Everything else was original, shocks, struts, everything, including the battery. I sold it in october of last year, with 115,000. My friends dad's original 1993 civic (which is now replaced with a 2003 Acura CL-s) had about 125,000 on it, the AC system died 3 years after they purchased the car, and the water pump blew when he was going to work one day and cracked the block. This happened with no previous signs of problems with the water pump.

every honda a friend has owned has been so problematic or has been such garbage. I'm sure theres some good honda's out there but from personal experience, i've never seen one.

friends Civic death count so far within the past 2 years compared to my fords:

Civic: 2, the 1993 civic, and a 98 civic ex.

Ford: 0

Maybe fords have quality control problems, i don't deny that. But you will never ever see me in a honda.

OH i forgot too... i was driving my friends wonderful RSX-s the other day. Gears felt like they were gonna pop out, they were vibrating violently, i had to apply force to the shifter to keep it in second, and all 3 motormounts in the car are bad. And the car has less than 12,000 miles on it

and i was wrong, it was a 93 civic not a 90

Edited by giantsnyy

A lot of people are bashing hondas here, and while i dislike them usually, my moms 1989 accord is still running at 400,000 km and she beats the sh*t out of it.

They are reliable.

And as for saying that this car is a luxury car and therefor slow and sucky, a friend of mine has the identical car (except the canadian Acura version), and it will beat any civic si or celica or rsx or whatever other cheap "spors car" you can think of.

so how many people have you killed or done sexual favors for to pay for the running of the car lol.

must cost a fortune to run that thing in fuel, tax and insureance.

what are the running costs?

Late 80's/early 90's Honda's are generally good cars. They had all the latest electronics, cruise control, power everything, EFI, introduced VVT. And the engines are pretty much bulletproof. Not too familiar with the Legend, but back then Honda was well ahead of other car manufacturers so I'm sure its a good car. (Y)

i think people are just having difficulty saying that they prefer BMWs Mercs, to Hondas.

which i'm not suprised. the only decent honda was the civic coupe, as it was used in FnF. the rest are just go average cars.

the Legend is a great car. My friend has the same one but in a smokey grey colour. Even for a 13-14yr old car, i swear it handles and rides as smooth as many luxury cars today, and it has some real kick to it.

for that money you could have bought a early 90s liberty (legacy) B4... which, stock would own that... OWN

585531709[/snapback]

LoL.... is this a joke? :rofl:

so how many people have you killed or done sexual favors for to pay for the running of the car lol.

must cost a fortune to run that thing in fuel, tax and insureance.

what are the running costs?

585530006[/snapback]

Actually its quite the opposite, I havent done any major repairs whatsoever,

just service the car once in 6 months, check every thingz workin fine and do the mot once a yr other than that its just like any other normal car!! In fact for the engine size i would say its pretty efficient. Tax and insurance are in the same category as Bmw or merc so not too much.

Now if this was a Bmw or a merc i wud b broke by now lol! :happy: