new neowin logo

Question

neobond had a neowin logo post but it was locked so i figured id post this logo i made for neowin here- i made it fast , and i can do much better, but give me suggestions and take a look, also if this thread is in the wrong place please move it ,

thanks

neowinlogo.gif

well im just waiting for suggestions firsts , its not finished i will add more special effects and such after i get some feedback:lick: :D

nice try, but the quality isnt so great or innovative.

other than that, it looks like you did it in photoshop and used the filter:spherize and maybe also a slight drop shadow with a big perspective blur.

Originally posted by sttguy66

well im just waiting for suggestions firsts , its not finished i will add more special effects and such after i get some feedback:lick: :D

Special effects don't mean anything, or not much, at least. It's the design. (IMO)

yeah what bananaman said, that's just a letter N. It's not about photoshop filters and special effects it's about style and design. Take the current neowin logo for example, it's simple, stylish and looks great.

btw, wasn't that logo request an old thread that somebody bumped?

needs a "neowin.net"

plus, it's blurry. REALLY blurry. a good logo is one that can be represented in black and white only (not greyscale). we've got that with out current logo as you can see. try to go after that effect...

btw, wasn't that logo request an old thread that somebody bumped?

Yep, that's the reason I locked it :)

test :cool:

In future when testing sigs please refer to our "Sigs & Avatars Thread". You will find it in our General Forum. I'd give a link, but i'm lazy. Try and collect...

-Keldyn :cheeky:

Originally posted by sttguy66

neobond had a neowin logo post but it was locked so i figured id post this logo i made for neowin here- i made it fast , and i can do much better, but give me suggestions and take a look, also if this thread is in the wrong place please move it ,

thanks

neowinlogo.gif

can you say EWWW! :dead:

Originally posted by hurting101

We could always go for the messy approach...

neowinlogo.png

Can you post a tutorial on how you done that? That's amazing, what did you use, photoshop? 3D Studio max?

lol you guys are cruel.. :D

Originally posted by Dazzla

Can you post a tutorial on how you done that? That's amazing, what did you use, photoshop? 3D Studio max?

Originally posted by Dazzla

The base template was Photoshop, then I brough it into PhotoImpact to optimize it, then to 3d Studio to make the realistic 'N', then Maya for the background. After, I took the individual pieces, put them back into Photoshop, reduced color depth for maximum viewing pleasure, and finally saved it as a BMP, then converted to PNG through command line.

;)