1. 1. ?

• Yes, I only use other browsers for the tabs
    • Yes, I just want the enhanced security
    • I already use IE
    • No, I need my mouse gestures and other features
    • No, M$ is 73h $uck
    • No, i use linux/OSX and MS doesnt like me
    • No, i use win 9x/2k and MS doesnt care about me

IF IE7 disabled activeX and became more secure and added tabbed browsing, would you switch back from firefox/opera?

Keep in mind, at this point, there appear to be no plans to add any png support or make it compatible with w3c standards(not to sway your opinion or anything... :p).

I really like the extensions since I no longer need to move my hand as much (in fact I made a button on my mouse be F5 to refresh the page).

But... if they were able to have firefox extensions work the same was in IE7 (or Maxthon for that matter... It just seems different using Maxthon) then I would definately switch.

Im just the opposite of some of the others, I'm using firefox now, its fast, has extensions, works well, and follows w3c guidlines. I see no reason to switch unless Microsoft can come up something increadibly innovative for ie7.

I'm using IE and a browser based on IE engine, and nothing will make me switch.

Although it doesn't support standard or whatever, there are just so many websites that are made for IE, and most of them looks sh!tty with Firefox.

if ms decided to pull a move like they did with their defrag tool (it's basically diskeeper, stripped down), where they bought opera and relabeled it IE7, then sure.

obviously, it'll be a cold day in hell before that happens.

If MS adds standards support, and beefs up security, and makes it as extensible as firefox/mozilla, i might switch back.

I don't trust open source

585536008[/snapback]

Just a question, why dont you trust open source?

it all depends on what websites you g one, some people go on websites with potential hazards and others dont like for business it depends on what u do or how you use uour internet

If it became so much faster then Opera and included all of the features that i use in Opera then proberbly, i doubt it though, I'm definatley trying it for a while though :)

Maybe if they came up with a more compliant rendering engine than firefox, and had user definded style sheet (to block ads).

Oh yeah and fixed the bug where new windows aren't maximised. Little things like that really ****ed me off.

I tried Firefox and honestly thought it sucked. I have no use for the tab "feature", which is just a gimmick IMO, and it was no faster than IE. I have tried other browsers too like Mozilla, Maxthon, and Opera. I didn't like any of those browsers either. Also, I have never had any problems viewing any web pages, so the whole "not compliant" arguments are a non-point. Nothing is better than IE for simplicity and just plain getting the job done. So, NO I would not switch!

Edited by RottGutt

You know that clickety sound IE makes when you click on a link?

I hate that. (I know you can disable it). It seems to happen more than once during the load of a page.

IE just seems to load websites in bursts, whereas Firefox seems smoother and stronger. You click a link, and the website comes up smooth. IE is just a bit too unrefined for my tastes. I had become used to IE, and I switched, so there's no saying that I wont be able to switch back just because I'm used to FF now.. but MS are going to have to make it a lot like FF to win me over. Either that, or design something spectacular.