1. 1. ?

• Yes, I only use other browsers for the tabs
    • Yes, I just want the enhanced security
    • I already use IE
    • No, I need my mouse gestures and other features
    • No, M$ is 73h $uck
    • No, i use linux/OSX and MS doesnt like me
    • No, i use win 9x/2k and MS doesnt care about me

My vote is null and this is why. I would use IE, but it would need more than tabs. I would and will continue to use the browser that suits my needs the best. I don't care who makes it or what it's called. If I feld that Netscape was best for me, I would use Netscape. If I felt that IE was the best for me, I would use IE. This does not mean that what I choose to use is right for everyone, it's what is right for me.

You lot are so negative, Microsoft employ some of the best programmers around so of course IE7 can EASILY be better than Firefox. You got to remember IE6 is 4 years old so you cannot really compare it to the latest browsers.

How were alternative browsers back in 2001 when IE6 was released, no where near as good obviously. So IE7 in my opinion will again raise the standards as far as browsers go, assuming they don't keep most of the features back for Longhorn.

585537114[/snapback]

From what I've seen come from Microsoft's programmers, they're not that great. I've seen Apple and Google do more spectacular things in a shorter amount of time.

It realy depends on alot of things for me, if its fast as opera, easy to use, looks good and supports the junk mail feature in hotmail (unlike opera :angry: ) then i will definately switch, otherwise ill stick to opera.

It realy depends on alot of things for me, if its fast as opera, easy to use, looks good and supports the junk mail feature in hotmail (unlike opera  :angry: ) then i will definately switch, otherwise ill stick to opera.

585537503[/snapback]

It doesn't need to look good as theres nothing to look at, its only a web browser. You will be contrating on the web site content not the looks of the browser.

It doesn't need to look good as theres nothing to look at, its only a web browser. You will be contrating on the web site content not the looks of the browser.

585537513[/snapback]

Not so. A streamlined and beautiful UI usually makes a browser easier to use.

From what I've seen come from Microsoft's programmers, they're not that great. I've seen Apple and Google do more spectacular things in a shorter amount of time.

585537457[/snapback]

Not that great? Hahaha. It is arguable whether they are "the best", but "not that great" is a ****ing joke.

honestly no i won't fpr the simple fact that with such a large installed user base it's always gonna be the target for exploits etc.

been using opera since version 6 and will continue to happily do so...i don't need a browser to revolutionize my life...just do what i need it to do

If MS adds standards support, and beefs up security, and makes it as extensible as firefox/mozilla, i might switch back.

Just a question, why dont you trust open source?

585536063[/snapback]

^that sounds like a conversation i had with my teacher hes like i dont trust open source so i dont want to try firefox im like watt? i know there are versions of firefox with viruses and such but mozilla.org is a reliable source but hes like no ill just stick with my IE im like :no:

I mainly only use IE for windows updates and the very few sites that Opera doesn't work in. Of course I will get IE7 and try it. Nothing really all that wrong with IE, if one knows what they're doing anyway.

with such a large installed user base it's always gonna be the target for exploits etc.

That is a poor argument. Apache has most of the web running on it and its solid. Its IE's crappy security and windows.

That ENTIRELY depends on its feature set, which was strangely enough not an option.

I mean, if it sucks, of course I won't use it. I'm not that stupid.

We also have strange options like

"No, I need my mouse gestures and other features"

What if it has mouse gestures then?