1. 1. ?

• Yes, I only use other browsers for the tabs
    • Yes, I just want the enhanced security
    • I already use IE
    • No, I need my mouse gestures and other features
    • No, M$ is 73h $uck
    • No, i use linux/OSX and MS doesnt like me
    • No, i use win 9x/2k and MS doesnt care about me

Probably not. I trust firefox more than Internet Explorer now, and so do many firefox users...

586168477[/snapback]

:yes:

• 4 weeks later...

While on Windows, I use IE for winupdates and that's about it. Other than that, I'll stick to Mozilla Suite because I like the Composer.

I'd only switch back if they added support for something like extensions, I love adblock too much to leave Firefox (I do have ads on for Neowin though). Tabs are nice, but I need more.

Ill switch to IE 7 from IE 6. I still like IE 6 and still use it. Once I learned how to make IE secure, i didnt have any problems. I hope that the tabs can be turned off in IE 7.

STV

i can't uninstall it !!!!

damn MS :crazy:

586298626[/snapback]

Go to Add/Remove Programs, check "Show Updates",

Go down to Windows XP --> IE7 --> Remove.

im using Firefox right now, but when IE7 comes out, ill use it until the malware gets on it and starts <<removed>>ing it up...

Edited by markjensen

No I wouldn't switch back. I've got used to firefox and it works just how I want it to work. Why switch?  :p

586298688[/snapback]

you should of said that about IE before you "switched" to firefox.

STV

Took me a bit of thinkin what was meant by the topic title, lol.

Anyways, I already was using IE, and upgraded to IE 7, and am loving it.

I use IE 6 (locked down with config options) and the Maxthon Add-on. The combination of those two gives me about everything I need in terms of security and features. I use the TRUSTED ZONE for those sites I "trust" that need scripting, but otherwise the default zone is locked down so that no sites can use scripting by default. It works very well.

I like Mozilla Suite though, as an alternative. :)

Switching back to IE is like switching from your ferrari to your BMW. It's just not a comparision. Firefox has been dedicated to doing what was needed for the Browser World. They did it just cause and I don't see a reason to ever go back to the microsoft products ever again, especially now since the Mac OS X enviroment is now on Intel, who the hell needs Microsoft anymore? There are ACTUALLY alternatives. People should exercise their rights for change. Why not.

Out with the old.

bR

Switching back to IE is like switching from your ferrari to your BMW. It's just not a comparision. Firefox has been dedicated to doing what was needed for the Browser World. They did it just cause and I don't see a reason to ever go back to the microsoft products ever again, especially now since the Mac OS X enviroment is now on Intel, who the hell needs Microsoft anymore? There are ACTUALLY alternatives. People should exercise their rights for change. Why not.

Out with the old.

bR

It's good to have options though. And there are still sites that require IE to work properly for some folks, like maybe Windows Update, certain bank and database sites, etc.

No reason not to have two different browser engines loaded if ya want, I reckon'.

to tell you the truth.. i used IE7 the other day, and do not like it at all. it's not like firefox, and you cant even move that many things when unlocking the toolbar.

i tried it for about 3-4 min, the loading times were HUGE, and im on cable! i guess the cache needs to reset itself... but my firefox loads neowin in like 2-3 seconds.. took 30+ seconds on IE7. i will try the final release, and give it another go. till then, firefox stays