1. 1. ?

• Yes, I only use other browsers for the tabs
    • Yes, I just want the enhanced security
    • I already use IE
    • No, I need my mouse gestures and other features
    • No, M$ is 73h $uck
    • No, i use linux/OSX and MS doesnt like me
    • No, i use win 9x/2k and MS doesnt care about me

I had a dream last night where I installed XP SP5 and Firefox 2.5 was included on the install media .. I'll shred my XP cd the day that happens

I never left IE, but I do use firefox sometimes.

585980610[/snapback]

Any reason why you dont use firefox more often?

since reading about transperant PNG's on IE7... firefox creators are probably getting ontop of that right now.. and will release it in firefox 2.0? hopefully... im gonna stick with the browser that uses transperant PNG's.. so IE is looking good to me right now. ill stick with firefox is they come out with it...

since reading about transperant PNG's on IE7... firefox creators are probably getting ontop of that right now.. and will release it in firefox 2.0?  hopefully...  im gonna stick with the browser that uses transperant PNG's..  so IE is looking good to me right now.  ill stick with firefox is they come out with it...

585984056[/snapback]

You what? IE doesn't support transparent PNG's and Firefox has done for ages.

I've never left IE. It works and it works good so why fix something that works? I'm really looking forward to IE7 just because of transparent pngs.

I've never left IE. It works and it works good so why fix something that works? I'm really looking forward to IE7 just because of transparent pngs.

585985688[/snapback]

fix something that works? and in the same sentence you basically acknowledge IE broken png support and its being "fixed" in IE7. If your'e only after Transparent pngs, its available, has been for a while, and its only a click away

So IE7 will have tabs.

Will it have user editable features as readily accessible as about:config, user.js, userContent.css and userChrome.css?

Themes and extensions made by a community of fellow users or commercial add-ons and plug-ins with whatever mal/ad/spyware thrown in?

I will get the Service Pack, of course, but will probably use IE as much as I always have.....seldom, if ever.

fix something that works? and in the same sentence you basically acknowledge IE broken png support and its being "fixed" in IE7. If your'e only after Transparent pngs, its available, has been for a while, and its only a click away

585998661[/snapback]

It works in the sense that it can browes the web fine, thats what I mean by it works. The PNG support doesn't have anything to do with browsing the web, its just something I would like to see extra, if they werent gona add it I would still use IE.

I like using firefox because it is like saying screw you MS and your "free" browser. I also like supporting open source community developed software. Sometimes it is good to root for the underdawg! There are lots of reasons not to go back to using IE when 7.0 comes out, but these are only some of the ones I could think of.

Firefox or Opera are really good browsers aside from IE. Since 1996, I can say through my watching the NEWS, that since 1996, IE has ALWAYS had the SAME security hole. makes me wonder what MS is upto. Like they purposely put those holes there. :no:

I'll stick with firefox since it's had tab browsing for a long time now. Geez, IE7 will have tab browsing, which leads me to believe MS has fallen way behind it's competitors. :yes:

My personal opinion:

I've tried every other major browser, and i still have firefox on my computer.. but IE has suited me the best and ive been using it since version 3.0

I just hope Microsoft keep some standards of IE6 (they dont completely revamp and baffle users with a totally different interface etc..)

Just hope they can get over all the controversial "security issues" and stuff and of course bring a new strong challenge for the other browsers... for me its Internet Explorer all the way :yes:

Probably not, FireFox is far better than IE.

586002302[/snapback]

In your opinion. In the opinion of people who don't care about the nerdy background stuff, and who just want websites to simply work (and yes, a lot more websites work in IE than FF), IE is King.

I'll most definitely try it out. If it I like it better than firefox I will use it. I don't use Firefox to make a statement I use it because it is a better browser than IE6.