Xbox 360 First Pic?

I like the design but it would be rather tricky to store it. And not quite sure where control ports would fit into the design either...Would start to make it look a bit messy imo.

I like the design but it would be rather tricky to store it. And not quite sure where control ports would fit into the design either...Would start to make it look a bit messy imo.

585542345[/snapback]

Wireless :shifty:

i remember the old Xbox render that microsoft had back at e3? before actual form of the xbox was revealed. it was a huge 3d silver X with a green glowing xbox logo in the middle. it looked so bad ass

585540269[/snapback]

you mean this one?

58_xbox.jpg

that was something Microsoft did to communicate the idea of what the Xbox was about, not a real working version of it...:pp

definatly fake...one good point, besides being too perfect form...look at the resistors on top and side...they are the EXACT same layout...now why would they need two boards with the exact same circuitry that large twice???

585542121[/snapback]

lol, nice man

(Y) didnt even see that

wadda pwnd ;) (Y)

you mean this one?

58_xbox.jpg

that was something Microsoft did to communicate the idea of what the Xbox was about, not a real working version of it... :p

585543074[/snapback]

That looks like it's actually real. I would love to get my paws on that. Even if it's a plastic box. I would cart it to school and act cool. Bring it to my Java class and tell them it's my hardcore "Java Machine"

you mean this one?

58_xbox.jpg

that was something Microsoft did to communicate the idea of what the Xbox was about, not a real working version of it... :p

585543074[/snapback]

Believe it or not, that was actually one of several (6, I think) prototypes that was considered for the final design by the Xbox team. That particular one was decided against because of the 'X' shape of the case, making it nearly impossible to fit all the components inside while still paying attention to heat issues.

Here's a picture of Jonathan "Seamus" Blackley, sitting with his creation outside the Sony headquarters in Tokyo. The box itself is indeed real, but is hardly considered a "working" console, because of the frequent crashes and overheating issues due to the fact it was still a prototype.

post-9158-1109539688_thumb.jpg

Picture stolen from Amazon :ninja:

Believe it or not, that was actually one of several (6, I think) prototypes that was considered for the final design by the Xbox team. That particular one was decided against because of the 'X' shape of the case, making it nearly impossible to fit all the components inside while still paying attention to heat issues.

Here's a picture of Jonathan "Seamus" Blackley, sitting with his creation outside the Sony headquarters in Tokyo. The box itself is indeed real, but is hardly considered a "working" console, because of the frequent crashes and overheating issues due to the fact it was still a prototype.

Picture stolen from Amazon :ninja:

585543455[/snapback]

I remember most of the prototype designs we used for the Xbox and the one depicted is real but is not the real console per se. The idea of showing that big shiny X was mostly to impress the ?press? and the consumers? you can say it was a marketing dev:pe. :p R&D prove that even though it looks cool most customers will not buy such thing because of the size and because you can?t fit it into your entertainment center or whatever you use stock your electronics in the living room, it also make it difficult to tran:pinch: :pinch:

As for the new design you can be sure it?s gonna kick @ss b:yes:me? :yes:

Reminds me of the Apple Computer iLamps.  :laugh:

585543365[/snapback]

Those "iLamps" if you are talking about the iMac's, were actually a brillian design with the screen that can be moved around. I am sad to sell my iMac G4, as the design of it was really inovative I think.

It will be interesting to see what the real Xbox 360 does look like though, I think having the design look to much like the monitor will get people wanting to bash the console to pieces, LOL.

No, it's not real. CGNetworks.com is a site/forum for 3d/2d artists to show off WIP's and finished works. And, the glass and everything like that is to perfect to be real, like the glares and stuff. Cool looking: yes. Real: no.