Mac desktops

Still working on it. It's on hold atm though because I'm too busy with college work.

It's gonna be something for us OS X users to have over the XP users ;)

Here's my pathetic OS 9 desktop. I'm on a biege G3 266 so I haven't bothered installing OS X since I'm sure it'll be ridiculously slow. Love Macs but I'm mostly on my pc :p

os9desktopsm.jpg

Originally posted by gigatexel

Here's my pathetic OS 9 desktop. I'm on a biege G3 266 so I haven't bothered installing OS X since I'm sure it'll be ridiculously slow. Love Macs but I'm mostly on my pc :p

Dont say that, OS 9 rules.

Originally posted by unsanity

Dont say that OS 9 rules.

ya got that right, it rules so much Steve Jobs considers it dead and I've deleted it clear off the cube!

hmmm, we've got 100+ Macs at work and NONE of them are running X. The IT manager has refused to buy any new Macs since X was released, only buying second hand ones as and when necessary. He even thinks that X is a second rate OS (tho he's never had any hand's on experience of it even though I offered to bring my home Mac in) and all of a sudden Win 2k is the bees knees. Admin ppl, accountants, telesales etc are getting nice new P4 1.6 Sony Viao or Dell boxes, a bit of a sickener when the fastest Mac is a 466 (mine). Apparently PCs are far more cost effective and the rest of the print industry is using them, which is news to me as us designers need to stay on Macs for total compatability with print bureaux. Now we also have quite a number of 8100 series towers running OS7 and OS8, ie machines being used for 8 or 9 hours a day that are 10 years old, I will be interested to see how many of these Sonys and Dells are working as fine as the day they were bought in 10 years time. Mind you, this is an IT manager that has been telling us for 2 years that InDesign is faster and easier to use than Quark, and that Satellite Broadband is the dogs bollocks, and that a 256K leased line is more cost effective than a 2mbit ADSL line...

Anyways, I digress here... OS9 is necessary because of the total lack of print (and I mean output through rips to film etc) and scanner drivers for X, and no Quark for X. And none of the print bureaux I deal with use X either. The blame for this doesn't lie soley at Apple's feet, ppl like Agfa, Umax, Epson etc could and should be doing more. Apple's pricing doesn't help tho, they're about 25% too dear...

Thanks Dazzla. A friend of mine was able to hit it from outside my firewall, so I just assumed it was ok.

I will try and see what is going on.

Cool. I have notice that sometimes if it doesn't load up properly the first time, if you hit refresh it will connect up.

Thanks unsanity.

that desktop live or do you have it set so it only shows when u take a snap of it? cause that icon folder has been there a long time :p

Originally posted by Dazzla

Lol, that's nasty :s :s

eww yea remove the aol icons :s :s :s ACK!

btw what type of mac you have toxxik?

its a live shot - when someone connects. I have just been testing things on another system

Toxikk, or anyone, where can I pick up the Graphite theme?