Knoppix 3.8 IN Windows

Knoppix 3.8, modified so it will also run under Windows, is available with his other torrents at http://home.btconnect.com/chrisandcarolyn/torrents/ .

It is set up for US English by default.

Looks like this if you 'autorun' it

Click here for image*

Downloading as I type this :woot: :yes: :whistle:

* inline image changed to link. (too large)

Edited by markjensen

Thanks for the bad news. I hate when **** gets too easy for every ****ing n00b on the planet to use. Everything gets messed up. I thought it was enough with livecd. but now this. great. i'm sure this will give birth to a few thousand lamers thinking they have mad skills.

I just use VmWare with nix

I think we should embrace the people that are trying to crossover to linux and not bash them because they are new. Just because more people are joining linux doesn't make linux less cool.

^ maybe its me, but i know 5000+ people who dont know anything about computers yet everyday try to act like there smart by trying out different tweaks and using outdated trojans on people calling themself hackers. Now this is going to be added in the list "WOW IM RUNNING LINUX IN A WINDODOOOWW!! im 1337"!!!

^ maybe its me, but i know 5000+ people who dont know anything about computers yet everyday try to act like there smart by trying out different tweaks and using outdated trojans on people calling themself hackers.  Now this is going to be added in the list "WOW IM RUNNING LINUX IN A WINDODOOOWW!! im 1337"!!!

585622630[/snapback]

:huh:

^ maybe its me, but i know 5000+ people who dont know anything about computers yet everyday try to act like there smart by trying out different tweaks and using outdated trojans on people calling themself hackers.  Now this is going to be added in the list "WOW IM RUNNING LINUX IN A WINDODOOOWW!! im 1337"!!!

585622630[/snapback]

you should let them enjoy themselves before you beat them down :yes:

585622630[/snapback]

says the guy with the "1337 h4x0r" title. chill out, sport.

if linux ever wants to become a mainstream desktop os, things like this are going to be necessary to help win over joe q. average who, until now, has only known microsoft products.

says the guy with the "1337 h4x0r" title.  chill out, sport.

if linux ever wants to become a mainstream desktop os, things like this are going to be necessary to help win over joe q. average who, until now, has only known microsoft products.

585622649[/snapback]

Wow. A title. That can be changed, The views and actions of wannabe's can't. as there so caught up in this. Yeah, i know that is, but the whole view should be changed about linux becasue to leet wannabes (noobs, lamers, hacker wannabes) its known as some elite os you use to madly h4x0r and pwn people. (im not saying i'm leet and that others are trying to become like me.)

LOL FAST? this torrent is hella slow, oh and one thing does it save your sessions or does it act as a live cd only? how does it mimmc the video display and sound n such?

So if I download this does that make me 1337? Grow up, man. Stop taking things so seriously. If a noobie thinking he is 1337 for trying Linux makes you that uneasy, maybe you should take a hard look at yourself.

Wow. A title.  That can be changed,  The views and actions of wannabe's can't. as there so caught up in this.  Yeah,  i know that is, but the whole view should be changed about linux becasue to leet wannabes (noobs, lamers, hacker wannabes) its known as some elite os you use to madly h4x0r and pwn people.  (im not saying i'm leet and that others are trying to become like me.)

585622675[/snapback]

If you think linux is becoming too mainstream, then move on over to BSD (potential copyright infringements), or something else :p You're right, a lot of people on the internet claim to be skilled in computing, when they're obviously not, but the problem isn't them, it's you. You're letting your emotions control you, which is pretty much what animals do.

If you want to be mature about it, and don't like the idea of mainstream. Then try an alternative OS, an alternative distro, or a different Window Manager, which can make a profound difference in the way your computer feels.

btw if you want to get technical, hacker speech died a long time ago, .... like in the 80s or 90s. There's a general consenus that the use of "1337 speak" is limited to script kiddies and the like.