Why Adblock is bad for the "free" Internet.

I think you should spend the rest of your day researching how many neowin members have bigger signatures than yours.

585693572[/snapback]

maybe tomorrow

glad to see folks are using my comments in their sig :0). and the statement stands. be like me saying to everyone . hey I own a company and i wanna do a webpage. but im broke ,so uhhh i want all you guys to pay. lmao utter nonsense.. if people had to pay their own bills for web space there wouldnt be 10 million sites that are just sitting on web taking up useless space. I just love some of these people's reasoning.

glad to see folks are using my comments in their sig :0). and the statement stands. be like me saying to everyone . hey I own a company and i wanna do a webpage. but im broke ,so uhhh i want all you guys to pay. lmao  utter nonsense.. if people had to pay their own bills for web space there wouldnt be 10 million sites that are just sitting on web taking up useless space. I just love some of these people's reasoning.

585695887[/snapback]

:huh:

Many people do pay their own bills for web space and domain names.

• 3 weeks later...
There is nothing wrong with blocking ads. Come people, be honest. How many of you even click on the ads?

585641546[/snapback]

The internet has ads?

Haven't seen any ads from anywhere except NW in over 2 years.

i tend to ignore ads that appear but i have to admit they do annoy me.

you wont find me buying pills to enlarge my twizzle stick (again) :rofl:

Shows what you know.

Customers pay their ISP's for the service for "X" dollars. ISP's pay their Bandwidth/Backbone providers for "Y" dollars.

Now what don't you understand in that sentence? If you think we don't pay for the content on the internet, then wake up and smell the coffee. By paying our internet provider for internet service, we are paying for bandwidth.

You can't just start a company and say "Ok lets be an ISP. Hey Little Billy! Go get ur 486 that's gonna be our backbone!" ISP's have to shop around for the best and cheapest bandwidth provider.

585686986[/snapback]

Well nobody except myself has paid for any of my bandwidth yet so I don't know where its all going... :rolleyes: The banner ads do pay the bandwidth bills for a lot of sites and if you choose to block them don't be suprised when people decide to close their sites. I've thought about adding AdSense ads to my download pages but have decided against it so far so I pay everything out of my own pocket.

When thru FF, blocking "every" ads and banner over here. What about RSS ? people got to read articles without having to go on the website and therefore see the ads...or at least they dont have to browse the pages and can select the title of their choice (and thus reduce the chance to click on an adverts)... SHould we kill RSS as well?...pff stupid article I say... If their products were so great :

1- We would hear about them on forums and community from user experience and not only in their obstrusive ads

2-they'd find a way to promote it right and go thru the the adblock feature

my 2 cents