Miranda Customization Topic

Thanks for the idea, and I just tried that but to no avail. I even changed it to "Traditional Arabic" and it still shows ??? in the place of the nick :blink:

Do I specifically need RTL templates for Arabic fonts to show up? (hope the answer isn't obvious, in which case I'll be an idiot)

585914041[/snapback]

For the list you must do either one of the following:

post-62488-1116062386_thumb.jpg

if you dont have the Mac option then try this alternative:

post-62488-1116062481_thumb.jpg

you can try playing around with others some might work, and remember that not all font packages support unicode and thats why you get the ????

EDIT: I don't think this will fix your IEView problem, try other templates as i suggested before and no they dont need to be RTL templates, if that still dosent work then its probably your system which is having trouble defaulting to Arabic, have you ever had any trouble viewing text on arabic websites using Internet Explorer?

Edited by kronik

Look kronik:

post-66983-1116069748_thumb.jpg

When I type in Arabic, I can see the characters properly. But as soon as I press enter and the "nick" is set, it switches back to being ? again. I tried Tahoma and Arial with Arabic encoding and both acts the same way (and the same thing happens with other encoding too).

And no, I've never had problems with Arabic before; it works with almost everything starting from MSN Messenger to Dreamweaver, Staroffice etc and all the browsers too.

Example:

ان رجل قبيح

Thanks for your efforts.

Look kronik:

Example:

ان رجل قبيح

Thanks for your efforts.

585917499[/snapback]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dont be harsh on yourself :p

hmmm I fully understand what youre talking about and beleive me I had the exact same problem and fixed it using the steps above... several friends of mine have done so too, I dont know what youre doing differently but I will look into it and let you know.

Hey guys, I just want to know if I can get rid of these buttons.

mirandachatwindow2ek.th.jpg

585917700[/snapback]

right click the title bar and go to container options. check "hide the tool bar"

Sorry for sounding like such a newbie, but where exactly is the title bar?

585920369[/snapback]

its the top part of the window whcih shows the title :rolleyes:

^ But then all the icons will disappear, and I think he only wants some of them to disappear. correct me if I'm wrong.

I know it's something a little complicated with editing the template or so and so I haven't done that.. not that important in my opinion.

As for icons showing up on the right side of the list I think it's only possible to add them (not replace) and it really messes up the contact list at times.

Now I have a short question: Can I use the Top Tool Bar plugin with clist_nicer and the tweakUI plugins enabled (when the contact list is somewhat transparent and isn't a message window)?

Will the toolbar that is added carry the setting I have for Groups?

Thanks.

I give up!! i can't get my miranda to look anywhere near ur setups. Its just so frustrating. I try n try again but no luck...If there was only pre-made customized miranda releases, that would be helpful.

But it's clist_mw :s and the icons on the right side are for the clients not status or am I missing something?

585918643[/snapback]

He said icons, not status icons :p

my.php?image=desktop4ol.jpg

This, guys, is my current desktop theme. Would anyone be abe to recommend a miranda theme to me?

guys i need help with this 2 things.. how do u hide the guys who are offline cant seem to work for me.. and also how do i increase the contact window size.. check the pic.. its too narrow on side ways i want to increase the width.. how do i do it?

neoshooter28zb.th.png

1. Right clic over your contact list and then hide offline users

2. If you are using tweakui disable tweakui, restart miranda change the width of your contact list, enable tweakui and finally restart miranda

1. Right clic over your contact list and then hide offline users

2. If you are using tweakui disable tweakui, restart miranda change the width of your contact list, enable tweakui and finally restart miranda

585947774[/snapback]

thnx..i will try it... now about the clist.. i downloaded the one russelc posted.. and its not working for me.. do i need to enable or disable something for the clist to work? and also how do i add groups?

Mine.

Kerm image

--------------------

user posted image

Anyone knows how Kerm did reach the transparency between separate user lines :woot:

I'd love to have it too :D

He must use a part of his wallpaper as a background for the chat window. Then he align the window with the wallpaper to do the trick. I think so.