How Did SP1 Go For You?

Hi,

Just slipstreamed a copy of it on my 2K3 Enterprise Edition, for my Home server and voila doesn't go beyond the installing devices as my Monitor resolution is out of synch, never happened while installing 2K3 without SP1, Strange I have a nVidia GeForce 4 MX 440 card

Installed SP1 on two remote machines via RDP. No problems with either box. Installed on 3 more servers with no problems on any of them. One machine had a program that complained about not getting through the firewall. Easy to fix. The web server went dark but that was quickly solved in advanced properties in security.

Dev server BSOD after login every time with PFN_LIST_CORRUPT.

Windows 2003 Standard with all patches.

All drivers are from 2003 CD.

Server runs as stand alone with just IIS 6.0, Sharepoint and file sharing.

Only 3rd party apps are WinRAR and McAfee Corporate.

RAM and CPU check out with Memtest86 and Prime.

Image back to pre-SP1 is fine.

Can't be arsed with troubleshooting, so I think I'll just install the MSDN SP1 W2K3 and see how it goes.

M$

585719933[/snapback]

Wow you're cool! NOT

Do the usual, such as uninstalling SP1, reinstalling Office 2003, or even better, don't word process on servers (that's what workstations are for!)

the only problem i have encountered so far is internet connection sharing has dissapeared and no longer works...so now my work is without internet lol

anybody know how to get around this?

Shouldn't cause any trouble. MS Office should run fine on server systems.

I have installed SP1 on my Windows 2003 Enterprise Edt. Server running the following tasks;

AD, IIS, Terminal Server, dhcp, webadmin, File Server, Print Server and FTP (from G6).

Had it done locally to session:0 :p and everything went fine.

Nothing to report here ;)

Wow you're cool! NOT

Do the usual, such as uninstalling SP1, reinstalling Office 2003, or even better, don't word process on servers (that's what workstations are for!)

585721206[/snapback]

made the leap.

Installed SP1 here and everything still running.

Mostly IIS(http and ftp)/mySQL/ICS (yes! ICS is STILL on the network config dialog!)

I've just noticed that there appears to be a problem with Software Restriction policies since SP1. Items that are excluded from the restriction using a hash rule are not now excluded.

Major bummer :(

everything fine on my test server so far.

I was beta testing the RC version of WUS. after sp1, I had a problem with sync services, but after i ran the security control wizard, locked it down and allowed whatever wus needed and restarted the stopped services, everything is fine.

no noticeable errors or performance hits.

......even better, don't word process on servers (that's what workstations are for!)

Wow you're cool! NOT

office may need reinstalled....though why people use ms office over openoffice and aibword i really dont know;)

though why people use ms office over openoffice and aibword i really dont know;)

One word... programability. I can tie any MS Office app into Visio, OneNote, InfoPath, or Project.

OpenOffice can't touch that even with every known kludge on the planet.

What's the best method for slipstreaming SP1?

585750082[/snapback]

This is my manual way to do it, it works like a charm, I use it for WinXP too.

1.- Create an .iso image from your wind2k3 CD, use WinISO or UltraISO or other. (my choice is UltraISO)

2.- Open the .Iso Image and extract the i386 folder to 'C:\win2k3' folder (create it).

3.- Create another empty folder 'C:\w2k3sp1' and place your .exe file (sp1) in it.

4.- Run the following commnad. (Start > Run)

C:\w2k3sp1\WindowsServer2003-KB889101-SP1-x86-ENU.exe -s:c:\win2k3\

5.- Once it's done, Open the original .iso image again, delete the i386 folder

6.- Add "all" the contents from the folder 'C:\win2k3' back to the .iso image,

override files if needed. -include i386 plus whatever files are there now.

7.- Burn your .iso image.

8.- Done!

Using this method you dont lose the bootable part of the original CD.

:-)