Win Xp Sp2 Deadline

run > services.msc

disable bits.

585736250[/snapback]

Thanks mite I add for others reading, its Background Intelligent Transfer Service.

Every 12+ and the updates are equivalent of a new version of windows, eg 2000, XP, Longhorn...

585736263[/snapback]

Thank you!

As far as I know, no one is forced to update to anything, it is all voluntary.

585736265[/snapback]

Then open a RSS Reader/News Paper/NEOWIN. Their forcing that crap on you.

Then open a RSS Reader/News Paper/NEOWIN. Their forcing that crap on you.

585736555[/snapback]

They are not forcing it on you, if you don't want it dont update. It may mean you cannot download anymore updates after that, but they are not forcing it on you. It is your choice whether you update or not.

MS are going to force you to download whether you have turned everything off or not are they not?

585735784[/snapback]

They may force you to download it, but they wont force you to install it. Just click I dont agree on the EULA and it wont install. You wont get any more security updates, but if you dont mind than that's fine.

why block it,sp2 it's a much needed update,why the sabotage?,stop being kids,install and look how your applications can work with it

They are not forcing it on you, if you don't want it dont update.? It may mean you cannot download anymore updates after that, but they are not forcing it on you.? It is your choice whether you update or not.

585736580[/snapback]

You are mistaken. SP2 Rollout is now mandatory if you have Automatic updates enabled (which it is by default) as of 4/12. You can also get a script from microsoft to disable this, but if you don't, it will start autodownloading the update.

See : http://www.ebcvg.com/articles.php?id=670

umm they are forceing nothing on you, it doesn't say you must install SP2 to continue or anything like that. It is a selectable update in Windows Update, you don't have to install it, and you can tell auto update not to install it so I fail to see how its forced on you

You are mistaken. SP2 Rollout is now mandatory if you have BITS enabled (which it is by default) as of 4/12. You can also get a script from microsoft to disable this, but if you don't, it will start autodownloading the update.

585736615[/snapback]

it will download the express installer then tell autoupdate a critical update is available, but then you have the option to uncheck it as an installed update and then it never asks you again about it :rolleyes:

it will download the express installer then tell autoupdate a critical update is available, but then you have the option to uncheck it as an installed update and then it never asks you again about it  :rolleyes:

585736631[/snapback]

Oh. well my mistake then.

You are mistaken. SP2 Rollout is now mandatory if you have BITS enabled (which it is by default) as of 4/12. You can also get a script from microsoft to disable this, but if you don't, it will start autodownloading the update.

585736615[/snapback]

So disable BITS, Disable Auto Update, if you have auto update enabled, don't let it install without permission.

Or, just install the ****in thing.

Unplug it from the Internet, don't plug it back in... :cool:

That way you can completely miss anything good that comes along... :rolleyes:

Unplug it from the Internet, don't plug it back in...  :cool:

That way you can completely miss anything good that comes along...  :rolleyes:

585736636[/snapback]

:D

why block it,sp2 it's a much needed update,why the sabotage?,stop being kids,install and look how your applications can work with it

585736600[/snapback]

wow........... do you even read the frickin posts :rolleyes:

first thing he said is too not say that. you're just trolling

and yes the update will automatically download onto your computer whether you like it or not. if you don't then start > run > services.msc and disable BITS (background intellegant transfer service) as already stated in this post

there is no more reason to post in this thread

there is no more reason to post in this thread

585736641[/snapback]

All Hail the G(m)oderator extreme :D

First off don't give me this bull**** about how Windows XP SP2 will not tear up my system. I won't accept this **** and I will just make your life hell if you do so don't. Not gonna tell you why I believe this just like you WILL NOT TELL ME NOT TO!

How do I block it?

Someone said turn off BITS? whats that?

Help me please cause if I'm forced to, I'm gonna ****ing break my windows machines and buy more ****ing macintoshes.

585736234[/snapback]

You dont kick in your monitor every time you get an error message do you?

You know this is a never ending battle....XP will have security holes and people will complain about how it is not safe and the worst OS....Microsoft comes out with a service pack and "OMG this service pack sucks I can't run my apps, my computer slows down to a craw".... :argh: Sorry this does not really answer your question I just am in a ****ty mood  :pinch: And SP2 works fine have you even tried it?

585735892[/snapback]

some people just shouldnt touch computers, if they cant grasp the idea of SECURITY. ;)

They are not forcing it on you, if you don't want it dont update.  It may mean you cannot download anymore updates after that, but they are not forcing it on you.  It is your choice whether you update or not.

585736580[/snapback]

Umm read Neowin News.

585736600[/snapback]

Stop being a ****ing idiot and read the damn title. Ass****er.

You are mistaken. SP2 Rollout is now mandatory if you have Automatic updates enabled (which it is by default) as of 4/12. You can also get a script from microsoft to disable this, but if you don't, it will start autodownloading the update.

585736615[/snapback]

It only disables it for 120 days right?

umm they are forceing nothing on you, it doesn't say you must install SP2 to continue or anything like that. It is a selectable update in Windows Update, you don't have to install it, and you can tell auto update not to install it so I fail to see how its forced on you

585736623[/snapback]

You are forced, Jesus Christ! Can't you people read?

Umm read Neowin News.

585736725[/snapback]

Can you point me to the news, I cannot seem to find it