The Official Mac OS X "Tiger" Thread

well they promised to give me Tiger when it's released (bought my iBook on the 4th)

If they say no. I'll return it on the 18th :p (since it's 2 weeks) and get a new one.

If you really do have 8A428, then please post a screenshot of just the "About this Mac" box.  If it truly is GM, then you certainly couldn't get in any trouble for posting that screenshot.

Until you can prove otherwise, I'm still calling you a liar on that.

585770521[/snapback]

Here is the proof, and don't go screamin "its photoshoped" cause I know jack on how to use photoshop.!

post-18886-1113436710_thumb.jpg

Thank you. I guess you weren't lying then. That just means that someone inside Apple was actually crazy enough to give out a copy then.

Thank you. I guess you weren't lying then. That just means that someone inside Apple was actually crazy enough to give out a copy then.

thank you

listen its not someone from apple oh leaked it and what not... how can I explain this without blowing everything out of proportion.

say apple is partners with... I don't know a graphic card company (this is all hypothetical btw) they need to test the drivers right! well they need to constently be up to date with apple and there new fixes, so when they release there OS the hardware has to work or even certain software for that matter. so that's how I got it. its no what you know, its who you know.

btw they have new wallpapers. if anybody is interested and if any of you are willing to host them I can givem out

not sure if that's against rules, but if it is please let me know.

Sorry, wallpapers from "Tiger" are not allowed to be posted.

Radish?

585772214[/snapback]

sorry guys the grand puba has spo:)n :)

I am looking forward to Tiger, I have been using the application Quicksilver and I hope Spotlight is a good replacement for it.

585772346[/snapback]

I have to admit though spotlight is lightning fast! its very similar google desktop

Wooo hooo oreder my copy today for $75 and some change. I can't wait. Watching Tiger on Macworld 2004 Keynote blew me away, and it is what made me become interested in and influenced me to purchase my first mac.

I was under the impression that developers knew that the Tiger release was imminent because Apple removed the build numbers from the 'about this mac' dialog box and instead had just 10.4... maybe not though...

So I guess this means that a new revision of all the Apple computers its going to happen soon :)

Good since I need to switch soon

:laugh: you crack me up

Yes, spotlight replaces sherlock.

585772837[/snapback]

I thought that Spotlight only searches for things on your computer, not the internet.

I hope i'm wrong, because if Spotlight did do that, well that's awesome.

So I guess this means that a new revision of all the Apple computers its going to happen soon :)

Good since I need to switch soon

585772945[/snapback]

I would say so yes. I hope apple comes out with something a practicle...not sure how to explain that, but just somthing fresh.

im with you [sanctified] im hoping for new imacs or even a good powermacs cause i'd be up for a low end pm.

i need to get my hands on something more powerful-ish, tiger is looking very nice. call this an update if you will (those that do) but this baby i looking great and im happy for it to be a new release.

I thought that Spotlight only searches for things on your computer, not the internet.

I hope i'm wrong, because if Spotlight did do that, well that's awesome.

585772962[/snapback]

not really. but if you've visited websites and they are cashed... it wil find them... instantly.

I am looking forward to Tiger, I have been using the application Quicksilver and I hope Spotlight is a good replacement for it.

585772346[/snapback]

No, they are not quite the same.

But QuickSilver will be updated to take advantage of tigers spotlight technology, you can read about it on the blacktree forums ;)

the one thing I really noticed that was really cool, tiger is much faster then panther. Response time is like quadruple!

Yeah, it is a lot faster, and I have not even used any of the resent builds.

Where did you get that information from?

585771573[/snapback]

From Tiger's Extras.rsrc file... The 2 elements used for Plastic are called something like PlasticWindowTall.tiff and PlasticWindowSmall.tiff. Don't know the exact name but I'll look it up for you if you want to. :)