[Definitive] Xbox 360 Thread

actually the original Steel Monkey website claims that there are what the NEX-GEN games may look like ....... so there is no word that whether this is a ps3 or a xbox 360 pic .

Thanks Brad...your 360 is on me!

This is the third time I've said it but I hope that the design is real. It's slick, simple, and sophisticated. And most importantly, not the size of a Cadillac.

xbox-360-update-42505-20050425042458413-001.jpg

Thanks Brad...your 360 is on me!

This is the third time I've said it but I hope that the design is real.  It's slick, simple, and sophisticated.  And most importantly, not the size of a Cadillac.

xbox-360-update-42505-20050425042458413-001.jpg

585845838[/snapback]

ok, the Xbox isn't that big (what you said). fair sized for a PC in a case I'd say.

Sorry but the new x-box 360 looks kinda ugly, with that big green glowing button and the top/bottom that slant in. I dont no what i was expecting but thats not it.

If that screen shot is actually real, which i doubt, it looks nice! The reflection especially seems an advanced feature in a game console.

But ill just stick with my PC for the moment :D

@helix23: It's an infrared port for multiple controllers. The XBox 260 should support 4 infrared-controllers.

585848618[/snapback]

No it isn't. the infrared port is for the remote control, not the controllers.

Infrared requires a line of sight, which would not be the best option for controllers. The controllers will work off a system like Wavebird.

I don't know if I'm going to buy it right away, since the only game I'd really want to play on the Xbox 360 is Halo 3 and seeing as that title isn't coming out until PS3 comes out (haha, what a slap in the face, I love it!) then I think I'll hold off until then, maybe there'll be better deals or it might even get cheaper depending on how the PS3 is priced, we'll see.

They've brushed up the Xbox Live GamerCard (latest challenge reward from OurColony)

932874983279.jpg

Looking at the UI gets me excited  :p

585850516[/snapback]

Vector graphic rendering on a console... MMMMMmmmmm :drool:

I think MS is getting this one right all the way.

Vector graphic rendering on a console... MMMMMmmmmm :drool:

I think MS is getting this one right all the way.

585854157[/snapback]

Woah, slow down there... who said anything about vector graphics?

To me it just looks like it's a good render of a vector mockup.

Woah, slow down there... who said anything about vector graphics?

To me it just looks like it's a good render of a vector mockup.

585856394[/snapback]

Well if you have seen any trends at MS, they are looking more and more at mmoving to vector graphics for their OSs. The avalon demo video shown recently displaye some great vector graphics used in longhorn programming and interfaces. It would be only logical that MS would apply some of that technology to their next-gen console.

What happens if we subscribe to xbox live right now...will it still work with xbox360...or does anybody know that yet?

They've brushed up the Xbox Live GamerCard (latest challenge reward from OurColony)

932874983279.jpg

Looking at the UI gets me excited  :p

585850516[/snapback]

SWEET!!!!! :D :D

What happens if we subscribe to xbox live right now...will it still work with xbox360...or does anybody know that yet?

585859107[/snapback]

Yes. Xbox Live will be fully compatible with Xbox 360, MS wouldn't just dump Xbox Live users...XBL is their baby, the center of their design.

You'll even be able to play Xbox (1) games, on the Xbox 360, over Live against Xbox (1) consoles.

Yes. Xbox Live will be fully compatible with Xbox 360, MS wouldn't just dump Xbox Live users...XBL is their baby, the center of their design.

You'll even be able to play Xbox (1) games, on the Xbox 360, over Live against Xbox (1) consoles.

585863331[/snapback]

That hasn't been actually confirmed yet, however, it is highly speculated that if you purchase the HDD add-on you should be able to play your Xbox 1 games on Xbox 360.

I havn't seen anyone post these yet, so here you go:

Xbox 360 Joystick (Prototype?):

xbox360_controller_2.jpg

Possible Xbox 360 Boot Animation?:

05-04_01.jpg

Uhhh... the power button?:

05-04_02.jpg

Thanks to OurColony.net and TeamXbox.com

I'm not seeing any black or white buttons, so that is a good thing. They need to move those buttons to the shoulder just like the PS controller.

yea, black and white buttons have been moved to shoulder buttons (as seen in pic) i just hope they didn't completely get rid of the trigger buttons. i've always hated the PS2 controller because it didn't have any trigger buttons, it would be a shame if they got rid of it.

and yes, this controller has got to be just a prototype because the controllers are all supposed to be wireless, these controllers are most likely given to the developers as part of the dev kits. so the only accurate thing that we can speculate on this controller is roughly the same size (kind of small i think, but we'll see) and most likely button configuration/orientation.