[Definitive] Xbox 360 Thread

Sweet jeebus!?

Three IBM-developed 65nm 64-bit chips @ 3.5GHz+ each

How how many times more powerful is that compared to an AMD64 FX 55+?

Ah, can gauge its size now :)

585886987[/snapback]

yeah it looks either 1.) rather small, comparing it to the controller size, or 2.) it is nearly the same size as the Xbox and the controllers are really big

That hasn't been actually confirmed yet, however, it is highly speculated that if you purchase the HDD add-on you should be able to play your Xbox 1 games on Xbox 360.

The xbox uses a Pentium 3 while the xbox 360 uses a modified PowerPC. What you suggest is not going to happen for the same reasons you can't run OSX on an x86 processor. Unless the 360 uses an emulator, but that means the games will run slower as well.

Guessing the paint is metallicky-white...my favorite type of white (Y)

Can't wait until May 12th to see what exactly MS had planned for us

EDIT: 1387385638449262.JPG

Edited by ViciousX

well it seems like the prototype to me,the official one will be much more worked though,as always don't make precipitated conlcusions,let's wait what MS have prepared for us,then we'll judge as is.

i'm hoping that it will be black as the first xbox :unsure:

well it seems like the prototype to me,the official one will be much more worked though,as always don't make precipitated conlcusions,let's wait what MS have prepared for us,then we'll judge as is.

i'm hoping that it will be black as the first xbox  :unsure:

585887895[/snapback]

The console comes out in 6 months. There is no more work to be done. They have to start producing. This is the final console.

That hasn't been actually confirmed yet, however, it is highly speculated that if you purchase the HDD add-on you should be able to play your Xbox 1 games on Xbox 360.

The xbox uses a Pentium 3 while the xbox 360 uses a modified PowerPC. What you suggest is not going to happen for the same reasons you can't run OSX on an x86 processor. Unless the 360 uses an emulator, but that means the games will run slower as well.

585887533[/snapback]

That is infact what they were doing. Early on there were reports of Microsoft working on some kind of VirtualPC for their Xbox console. Presumably to do just that, be able to run the emulator on the 360 in order to play Xbox 1 games on Xbox 2. As for the speed goes, I doubt it will be much of a problem, I'm sure they developed a way they can use the 3 processors to run the VirtualPC at much higher speeds than what is actually needed (733MHz Processor Speed), plus they have much more RAM at their disposal. So I would say the likelihood of the Xbox 360 being backwards compatable is very high. We'll see for sure soon enough though! :happy:

585887533[/snapback]

Hardly, 3x 64bit Dual Core Multithreaded CPUs would emulate a lowly P3 733 fine.

It's already posted in the other threads but might as well add it since this is the definitive thread.

Media Center Remote

585887882[/snapback]

Check out the text under the B, live TV, and the very bottom button is record (reports from the MTV unveiling par-tay). So not only do we have a kick ass games machine, but a media center PC with TV view/recording.

If this is the case, Microsoft have just blown the high end media centers out of the water. Who would buy a HP media center now, given the price of the xbox360!!

Hardly, 3x 64bit Dual Core Multithreaded CPUs would emulate a lowly P3 733 fine.

585890048[/snapback]

Yeap, exactly what I was saying, thanks Oneill :D

I'll love to participate a bit more on this thread but I'm restricted to post anything regarding this topic on the internet after May 12... :p

just don't ask why... :ninja: :pinch: :shifty: :p :laugh:

I'll love to participate a bit more on this thread but I'm restricted to post anything regarding this topic on the internet after May 12... :p

just don't ask why...  :ninja:  :pinch:  :shifty:  :p  :laugh:

585893517[/snapback]

We won't need you to after May 12 :p

We won't need you to after May 12 :p

585893628[/snapback]

MTV is going to be "eye candy" or "visual placebo"... E3 is more technical stuff... all the meat is there... ;)