Winamp CD Case Beta 8

I have no idea... when I try to set the font to the default sizes you mentioned, it gives me a dialog box saying 'Font size must be a number'. I think that explains it.

Sorry, I was not clear.

The default size fot title is 8 and for artist is 7.

However, in the settings.ini you will not see 8 and 7 (the system interface values) but 8,75 and 6,25 (the system internal values).

OK here is something I noticed when using it... for Ogg Vorbis files, see the following example of a song.

Title: Synergy - Hello Strings

Artist: Armin van Buuren

Album: Universal Religion 2004 (Armada at Ibiza)

In the notifier, the title should appear as shown above, but all I can see is Synergy (it seems to ignore everything after 'Synergy')

Hope you can fix it! ;)

Edited by rbet

Hey Carlos. I have beta 5 installed with the 6 as well (copying exe files) but for some reason the cover doesnt automatically update. I always have to double click in order for the cover to update. If it dont click it it'll just show the "escape is my reality" cover.Here's a screenshot to show you the problem.

before i double click

desktop2wm.jpg

after i double click

desktop21fm.jpg

Also, in my main music folder (where winamp plays from) I dont see a folder for my covers.

It seems that you have one folder with a lot of songs.

Anyway, try to change the "Read cover" setting. Go to "Options>Read cover" then:

1) remove any setting from the right list

2) select "Artist - Album.jpg" from the left list then press "Add>" button

3) select "Any image" from the left list then press "Add>" button

If you use ID3v2 tags to store covers add "ID3v2 tag" too.

Now you can download covers and they will be saved following the same pattern of "Read cover" ("Artist - Album.jpg").

Thank you very much Carlos. That got it to work. Initially I have to double click it, but after that every time I play the song it just pops right up.Thanks again!

Only 1 of the skins seems to work for me....I get this error after I click apply (chooseing Aero, Case or Milk):

Error occured: 380

Description: Invalid property value

Module: frmBack

Function: Form_Load

Happens with Foobar and Winamp. But the skin Glow doesnt do that and displays the Album text properly...

(I installed Beta5 and then used the updated files from the .zip u have given)

:)

I can confirm Rogue's experience; I am getting the same error on startup. Using beta 7 of WCC and Winamp v5.092...

EDIT: I found that in Skin Manager>Text, the 'Reduce Size By' Field was by default at 33333 pixels... I reduced it to 33 pixels and I no longer get the error (using the Case skin).

And, the hyphen problem is gone! :D

Edited by rbet

I want a port to foobar  :(  :o  :yes:

585952314[/snapback]

It works with Foobar2000 (0.8.3 not the beta), but u need the winamp spam component (Winamp API Emulator or somat).

Works fine here anyway :)

I can confirm Rogue's experience; I am getting the same error on startup. Using beta 7 of WCC and Winamp v5.092...

EDIT: I found that in Skin Manager>Text, the  'Reduce Size By' Field was by default at 33333 pixels... I reduced it to 33 pixels and I no longer get the error (using the Case skin).

And, the hyphen problem is gone!  :D

585985691[/snapback]

Ahhhh, thnx for that, all working fine now :D

Anyone know if there's anything like this for WMP?

I'd use Winamp, but I want to play my Music surround sound which WMP supports.

rbet and Rogue,

Due to your great feedback I was able to track the bug.

WCC internal converter (from twip to pixels) was not considering values with comma (e.g. 33,33).

Now it read them properly and you can freely use such values to make fine adjustments.

Thank you very much!

You can download the new build here (as always): http://www.closetosoftware.com/wcctheme2.zip

It works with Foobar2000 (0.8.3 not the beta), but u need the winamp spam component (Winamp API Emulator or somat).

Works fine here anyway :)

585985873[/snapback]

Rogue,

Can you explain how to use Winamp CD Case and foobar?

I have some users asking for it and maybe your solution can help them.

Thank you in advance!

Rogue,

Can you explain how to use Winamp CD Case and foobar?

I have some users asking for it and maybe your solution can help them.

Thank you in advance!

585985965[/snapback]

Sure, all they need to do is download this and extract it into Foobar2000/components/ and then restart Foobar. It then creates a process called Winamp.exe and all the info about songs go to that, and this program and many others use that info :) I got it from using a mIRC script, but ive found it works well with allot of other programs :)

(u can also configure its output via the components window in preferences in foobar)

Hope that helps :)