Aero style

1. Segoe UI

2. Tahoma

3. Corbel

Current list for glass VS.

585867782[/snapback]

Can you post a screenshot of your aero skin? Please.

agreed, a screenshot of the glass theme would be awesome. Can't wait for the release of this theme.

Wow looking great...

I wonder if it's too late to make a small request.. I think the theme might look better if the 'minimize', 'maximize', and 'close' buttons were squares rather than rectangles.. I just like how it looks more symmetrical in the default XP theme and thought maybe your theme might look better this way.

I don't know, to me the rectangular buttons look a bit odd, I'm not sure if anyone else agrees?

I hope he was kidding.

About the close, minimize, and maximize buttons: The rectangular icons are the look that the Aero Style sports. WindowsX is trying to make this as close to Longhorn style as possible, that's why he's going with the rectangular buttons.

The buttons in the Longhorn 5060 screenshots were rectangular, in the Aero theme that was showing off the Glass effects. In 5048 they were square with the red/blue hover glow.

Here's the titlebar comparison just in case WindowsX.  I will try to get a screenshot of the Control Panel for you.

585869972[/snapback]

To say it again, I hate lines.

post-23644-1114892522.jpg

It looks ok, but I think for the control panel the design with the bar on the left would be better (and more accurate).

585870084[/snapback]

That'll lose bottom pane shellstyle. Can you accept that?

If that's the visual style in it's current state then most of the things I mentioned have been fixed... love the start button :)

I'm still unsure of the little expand icon for the taskbar though. I don't think it's a triangle like that but I could be wrong. I thought it was still the circle with the two "<<"

I attached a MOCKUP of the Longhorn 5048 control panel, just so you get an idea of how it works, but it's not just the list on the left side, it's a long list of common tasks and stuff like that.

post-39384-1115184699_thumb.jpg

That's what I thought, so you can't modify them separately?

By the way, if you can get the shellstyle to look something like the second screen I posted, that would be awesome, better than the bottom

EDIT: But then again windows like My Computer are different... the tasks were split, some on the bottom, and some on top. Common tasks are on top, details are on bottom.

post-39384-1115186311_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chsoriano

Well, it's 1AM my time, I'm gonna go get some sleep. Good luck WindowsX, I hope I was able to help you. Will check in tomorrow.

VS

Aero Style

Aero Style (Glass)

Mode

Normal

Minimalist (Thin taskbar, Compact StartPanel, slim scroller)

Font for Aero Style (Glass)

Segoe UI

Tahoma

Trebuchet MS

On 7th May 2005

7th of May......

can't wait till then..... keep going on this work ROCKS :rofl:

I like it......

maybe you can send a messege to all of us by neowin.net :shifty: for the final release?

isn't that a fast way to spread it around? lots of poeple love you work.

looking forward to 7 May 2005

-----------

HDW [icl]

server; compaq EP PIII - 320Gb HDD - 512Mb mem

workstation; Shuttle barbone AMD XP 2500+ - 160Gb HDD - 768Mb mem

mobile station; DELL latitude L400 PIII - 20Gb HDD - 256Mb mem