Quicktime 7 is out

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/

Apple has released Quicktime 7 to the public who use Mac OSX. The site states that the Windows downloader will be coming soon, so I would expect it tonight or tomorrow.

About QuickTime

Capture video in a single click. Share movies with email or .Mac. Gate QuickTime Pro today for these features and much more.

- H.264 video support. Watch movies created with this state-of-the-art, standards-based codec which delivers exceptional-quality video at the lowest data rate possible.

- Live resize. Playback continues smoothly as you change the size of the QuickTime Player window.

- Zero-configuration streaming. Now QuickTime automatically determines the best Internet connection speed for your computer and adjusts it as necessary. And if a connection is lost during streaming, QuickTime automatically reconnects to the server.

- Surround sound. QuickTime Player can now play up to 24 channels of audio. With QuickTime 7, your Mac, and surround speakers, you can enjoy the full effect of your surround sound movie or game.

- New and improved playback controls. Use new A/V Controls to adjust settings for the best viewing experience. Easily change settings including jog shuttle, playback speed, bass, treble, and balance.

- Spotlight-friendly media. When combined with Mac OS X v10.4, QuickTime content can be easily searched with the new Spotlight feature. Spotlight can search for movie attributes such as artist, copyright, and codec.

- Screen reader compatibility. Using VoiceOver, included with Mac OS X v10.4, visually impaired users can enjoy QuickTime Player features.

- All-new content guide. The new QuickTime Content Guide provides access to the latest in entertainment on the Internet.

New in QuickTime 7 Pro

QuickTime 7 Pro users enjoy not only all the great features in QuickTime Player, but also the following new QuickTime Pro capabilities: vRecord audio and video. With an iSight or other FireWire camera connected to your computer, you can quickly create movies to share with family and friends.

- Share movies. Easily create a movie file for sending via email or posting to a website.

- Floating controls. Easily access functions like pause, play, fast-forward, and rewind while watching full-screen movies.

- Create H.264 video. Create incredible-looking video for any use, from 3G (for mobile devices) to HD (high definition) and everything in between.

- Create surround audio. Create a rich multimedia experience by adding multichannel audio to your movie. QuickTime automatically mixes the audio to work with the speaker setup of each user.

- Concurrent exports. Export multiple files at once?and continue with your next playback or editing task.

- Improved movie authoring. Editing tasks are much easier with new hot keys for in and out points. In addition, Movie Properties has been completely redesigned to facilitate simple and efficient movie authoring.

- New AAC constant-quality mode. Create AAC audio files optimized for constant quality rather than a constant bit rate for a consistently high-quality listening experience.

- 3G streaming. Create 3G files for RTSP streaming that are interoperable with 3G streaming handsets and delivery architectures.

- Automator-compliant. With Mac OS X v10.4, employ the easy-to-use interface of Automator for streamlining your QuickTime workflow.

Hope this time they will allow to download QuickTime, without iTunes.

This is so annoying.

585848012[/snapback]

What i hate is how it tries to install Quicktime with iTunes even if you already have Quicktime Pro installed ...ugh

I'll have to take a look at this tonight ;)

just watched kingdom of heaven on qt7 (pro) on my 1.25/1gb powerbook at fullscreen ther ewas slight stuttering and cpu went from 42% before hitting playing to 96-98 the entire video

now i need to figure out how to save the files to my computer

Edited by thetman

Well I do know that QT7 still doesn't include free fullscreen mode, so anyone who was looking forward to seeing those floating fullscreen controls need to get ready to shell out 30 bucks. Or you could be naughty...

Will the H.264 HD codec also be in the windows version. Hopefully yes. So we can watch those new HD trailes. Have been waiting for such a long time.

Will the H.264 HD codec also be in the windows version. Hopefully yes. So we can watch those new HD trailes. Have been waiting for such a long time.

585848126[/snapback]

Of course. Windows is the largest market and Apple wants us Windows users to use QT7 as much as possible.

I wonder if the Windows release will allow for Live Resizing...its just incredible on my Mac.

585848104[/snapback]

U mm... gee windows media player and other players have done that for ages... so it'd be a very backwards player if it didn't.

I don't remember a Quicktime update that was actually interesting and I envisage that this will be much the same. Perhaps Apple could release it with a Windows interface, as the brushed metal look is really out of place (and not very nice :no:).

I wish I had a mac :(

Where is windows vs?!

585848262[/snapback]

here you go: ;)

post-58560-1114803724_thumb.jpg

they dont say exactly when, i guess its gonna be sumfin like 3 more weeks or stuff... there should be no big time diffrence.... :)

cant wait to d/l it :woot: :laugh:

-fm