All things GW

Still trying to raise 60k gold for 15k armour. :o

586362554[/snapback]

it will take you more than that if you buy materials as well. took me almost 90k to buy mine.

and when you say "raise" money for your 15k armor, do you mean... walk around and beg people for donations? because that is extremely annoying.

I got most of the materials already, started collecting mine since pre-Ascalon without buying any materials. Need 10-20 more tanned hide squares then I think I got enough required for 15k armour.

Don't get me started on 15k Fissure armour :p.

Thing is if ArenaNet found out, they probably ban you.

586362928[/snapback]

They're the "chinese" farmers themselves. It's how all MMOs make more money. My little conspiracy theory...

Plus they can sell it for so little it drives the real Chinese farmers out of business, then raise prices a little and claim "we banned 138 accounts for farming and botting" blah blah.

I just started playin this last week....i have a very simple question but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

How do i put my items in my inventory into another bag? My backpack is always full and i purcahsed a handbag but i can't drag/drop items into it, or the other 2 bags listed. Do i have to reach some lvl or complete some quest before the other bags are enabled?

I just started playin this last week....i have a very simple question but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

How do i put my items in my inventory into another bag? My backpack is always full and i purcahsed a handbag but i can't drag/drop items into it, or the other 2 bags listed.  Do i have to reach some lvl or complete some quest before the other bags are enabled?

586363635[/snapback]

Drag the bag to the icon that looks like a bag (right near the back pack). Basicly you equip the bag, but you have to drag it to the "bag" slot.

How do i put my items in my inventory into another bag? My backpack is always full and i purcahsed a handbag but i can't drag/drop items into it, or the other 2 bags listed.? Do i have to reach some lvl or complete some quest before the other bags are enabled?

586363635[/snapback]

Press F9. It shows all bags Also, if the bag/belt pouch slots are gray, you need to drag your purchased bags/belt pouch into them. Also, you can apply runes of holding to your bags to get an extra five slots. This only works once per bag. As a newbie I bought an extra thinking it would expand more.

Edited by Unwonted

The game update yesterday was sweet! Prices are nice now, and people can't just buy cheap in Europe and sell at American markets. I made an educated guess three days ago that this would happen, so I sold a superior monk rune of smiting and a black dye for a combined 61k. TO TRADERS HAHAHAHA

I'm using it only to buy nice weapons; 15k armor is plain silly.

Improved traders so that they maintain more stable prices and closer spreads between buy and sell prices.

?

Improved traders so that traders from all regions (America, Europe, and Korea) now buy and sell from the same stock and charge the same prices.

My next prediction that I think will come true soon:

Areanet will do something to make a Mo/W Underworld solo build no longer feasible.

Edited by Unwonted

I?m one of the few peeps who are pretty rich in GW, though i dont have the 15k FoW armor, but thats not what i am looking for either, most gold i have now comes from 2-3 days non-stop farming with my invincible monk, bought the sup monks back in the time when they were 5k, and buy and resell things. I made some good deals too with the trader, a week ago the dye trader sold black dyes at 1.3k ea, i myself bought "just" 14pieces, there were peeps who bought 50+ pieces... on some forums people were saying the black dye would be not much worth anymore, though still i kept the black days and 3 days ago the trader gave 27k for each black dye, so i ditched some to the trader;)). Also same story with the ectos, that day the trader gave 16k, so why dont sell it to the trader if peeps in the game gives 9..10..11k?;)). These are just a few of some good deals i made.

I now have a 15k judges armor from grand citadel for my monk and an 15k aeromancer from grottos for me ele. Will buy a grottos or citadel armor for me ranger later.

I dont mind developers finally did something with the economy, though there would be more invincible monks i predict, most peeps can afford the monk sup runes again. Though one thing what bothers me is there are few peeps out there who bought some sh*tload of ectos for 330g ea, and then i mean really much. Too bad i missed that grrr. It means the traders now have a cap for each item when it has a stock again, which is a pretty good thing...prices cant be manipulated much anymore.

I dont farm much now anymore, maybe a quick 15min or so everyday for the gold items. Mostly playing pvp with my ele now which rocks and still working on a ranger. Farmed mostly cause i wanted some more money to buy things what i wanted, which i can now...bidding on prices which for starters in ascalon can never imagine have, in Lions Arch.

Areanet will do something to make a Mo/W Underworld solo build no longer feasible.

There should be areas where every class can dominate. It makes sense the Monks do well against the dead cause its their job to put them to rest. People need to remember its a role playing game for a lot of us not just a way to unlock stuff for the arena matches.

There should be areas where every class can dominate. It makes sense the Monks do well against the dead cause its their job to put them to rest. People need to remember its a role playing game for a lot of us not just a way to unlock stuff for the arena matches.

586366385[/snapback]

I don't mean they shouldn't do well; I mean NO class should be able to solo an area meant for eight people, regardless of if their smitey magic lets them dish double damage, and especially at 105hp. I am confident Anet will correct this.

My next prediction that I think will come true soon: 

586366167[/snapback]

people tend to think you?ll get rich by solo?ing UW, though that aint the case, maybe lets say an average of 1 or 2 ectos each 3 runs. Thats not the best effective way to make money. I?ve been doing 2-mens run in UW for like 20+ times now, sure got some lot ectos, but never gotten any purple or gold items there, not even a clean max storm bow, eternal shields are pretty worthless now. So its all matter of luck when you?re there

Dont really see what they can do about the invincible monk build itself. They cant remove the -75hp, then they have to remove it too with other superior runes. You have to remember the uses of the (Superior) runes and the skills used in the invincible monk build for pvp too, so you cant really change that. If they do so, they can keep nerfing every build cause theres always a counter for each skill in this game.

people tend to think you?ll get rich by solo?ing UW, though that aint the case, maybe lets say an average of 1 or 2 ectos each 3 runs. Thats not the best effective way to make money. I?ve been doing 2-mens run in UW for like 20+ times now, sure got some lot ectos, but never gotten any purple or gold items there, not even a clean max storm bow,? eternal shields are pretty worthless now. So its all matter of luck when you?re there

Dont really see what they can do about the invincible monk build itself. They cant remove the -75hp, then they have to remove it too with other superior runes. You have to remember the uses of the (Superior) runes and the skills used in the invincible monk build for pvp too, so you cant really change that. If they do so, they can keep nerfing every build cause theres always a counter for each skill in this game.

586367647[/snapback]

They don't even have to touch the invincible monk build if they don't want to. They can make the UW require a party of at least four, making soling the UW even less desirable. I don't think they'll nerf any class; they never really have reached for the nerfbat. That's something I like about areanet.

• 2 weeks later...