All things GW

I thought as there is an all WoW section there should be an all GW section :)

Post all your opinions, questions here :D

My question:

How do you get the Divine Aura to work because I have never seen it in action! I have got collecotrs by the way :)

Oh and you might as well post about your character!

Derek Banderhausen

Warrior/Mesmor

Lvl 13

Maybe we could post stuff we want to trade or buy! Anyway up to you :)

D3ft0ne

:( You've just made me want to buy it even more now :(

And I have no money.

I'll be posting here as soon as I get some cash :p Good idea btw. Otherwise we're constantly going to have 3 or 4 G.W threads.

I have no idea what Divine Aura is nor have I heard of it. What class is it, Messemer?

All I have to say is I am so dead tired today after last night trying to get through the ashes quest in the fire temple. That was toughest mission I have been on so far. I had three members from my guild that were level 10+ with me (Two warriors and two elementalists) and we died 10-15 times trying to beat it. The worst part was when we almost reached the top of the temple one of my party members warped out of the area by mistake dragging us all with him. When we came back all the enemies in the temple were back.

I am trying to do every quest in Ascalon post-seer because I do not want to make the same mistake I made with Ascalon pre-seer.

Try /dance or some action. For my lvl6 Necro I have green sparks of light that come off my hands. (cant tell really, my video card really sux.)

Danov Strous

Necro

Lvl 6

Divine aura is always on if you purchase the collector's edition of guilds wars only. It's tied to the col ed key just like the pre-item keys (you can add more then one).

It provides no in game benfit other then you glow for paying $80 US.

(edit) you do get audio cd soundtrack and the logitech head phones / mic for team spec or anything else you want it for and a killer art book (hard bound).

I higly recomend millking pre-scaring with as many quests as possible as well as bulding up a good amount of good and crafting materials (at least so you can upgrade some of your armor after you get post-scaring)

Edited by jstillion

Divine aura is always on if you purchase the collector's edition of guilds wars only. It's tied to the col ed key just like the pre-item keys (you can add more then one).

It provides no in game benfit other then you glow for paying $80 US.

585860855[/snapback]

lmao, what a rip off. I have yet to see my first glowing person then.

I glow ... but that's due to wanting the audio cd and art book and paying off the pre-order over months in advance :)

Lvl 7 Mesmer/Necro. I have a pic of her in the other thread somewhere.

There should be some type of a confirmation when a party member tries to leave a quest area. That is REALLY annoying!!

On another note, that divine aura is a ripoff. You can barely notice it as only your hands glow from what I've seen. It's not really a glow either. It looks like little sprinkles coming outta your hands.

Level 3 Warrior/Elementalist.

I just bought the game today and so far I'm loving every moment of it.

Could anyone please explain to me the pre-seering (sp?). I'n not sure where to go from getting my secondary profession.

oh guild wars - took me a while - thought you meant games workshop :s

is it any good? how rpg'ish, might recommend to my gf, her mate and a few of my mates

Lvl 5 Mesmer/Monk, still in Pre-Sear Ascalon. Trying to level up before going to Post-Sear.

I don't want to give away what those that have gotten past the challenge, but you will notice it when you get to post-sear Ascalon.

Level 3 Warrior/Elementalist.

I just bought the game today and so far I'm loving every moment of it.

Could anyone please explain to me the pre-seering (sp?). I'n not sure where to go from getting my secondary profession.

585861099[/snapback]

I will try not to ruin anything here. After you take the training academy mission and complete it, the one where the guy in the game by the town gates says "MAKE SURE YOU ARE DONE EVERYTHING", that is when the seering will occur. Until then you will only be able to do things with people in pre-seering Ascalon.

To get a secondary profession you need to look for the trainers throughout the world. The trainer will give you a mission to complete and after you complete it you will get that as your secondary profession. For example my secondary profession is a monk and I had to talk to the monk at the monastary to get it after completing a mission in the catecombs.

Anyone wanna do Althea's Ashes?? Its impossible for me to finish. Always getting ganged

585861543[/snapback]

One time was enough! :D

This is weird, I am reading GameSpy's initial reaction to the game, Link. First they said they had installation problems both downloading the client and installing the PC version. My installation could not have gone any smoother then it did. Then they said it took 15 minutes to download the first area and was taking up to 3 minutes when they go to other areas. What kind internet connection are they using?! It takes me one second to load up a single area. I never had a PC game load levels faster then this with this visual quality before. I am convinced they must be using a old computer from like 10 years ago to run this with a 14.4kbs modem with a 4 RAM video card.

Edited by jmole

How do you identify something? I ask in-game and nobody knows. I have an Air Staff that's "Unidentified".

Mike

585861589[/snapback]

Find Deckard Cain!

Actually merchants sell identify kits.

How do you identify something? I ask in-game and nobody knows. I have an Air Staff that's "Unidentified".

Mike

585861589[/snapback]

Buy an Identifying Kit from a Merchant in the city.

~

My character:

Mighty Ho

Female Warrior/Necromancer (11)

Stephen Colbert

lvl 6 monk/warrior

this game is, well, just like perty much every other mmo, except the skills have difernt names, and has some difernt classes, but gameplay is perty much the same.

although, the fact that every zone is instanced is cool.

should hold me over till DDO comes out.

as a side note, the chick in TonicX's sig is fine

anyone know how long the game actually is? or does it even end? curious.

also, why do the merchants ALL sell the exact same things?!?! which is nothing other than salvage/ident kits and some other misc junk. I never seen any of them sell any weapons. Can you even BUY weapons in this game? Am i missing something here?

what are you supposed to do with Gwen when she follows you? I got her a flute and a cape already but I think there might be more to this character?

They say when you die your health/energy is supposed to go down but I haven't noticed it changing when I die.

anyone know how long the game actually is?  or does it even end?  curious.

also, why do the merchants ALL sell the exact same things?!?!  which is nothing other than salvage/ident kits and some other misc junk.  I never seen any of them sell any weapons.  Can you even BUY weapons in this game?  Am i missing something here?

what are you supposed to do with Gwen when she follows you?  I got her a flute and a cape already but I think there might be more to this character? 

They say when you die your health/energy is supposed to go down but I haven't noticed it changing when I die.

585861700[/snapback]

If you are in pre-seer Ascalon then the merchants have identical items. In post-seer Ascalon the merchants around the world have different items. There are also armorers and weapon smiths throughout the world. Juding from your comments I am guessing that you are still in the first part of the game. Until you get to post-seer Ascalon you will not be able to upgrade your weapons/armor, which require the materials you pick up after defeating enemies. I forget if the death penalty takes effect in pre-seer Ascalon, but in post-seer if you die you will lose morale and your health and mana will suffer. It is a pain in the A.

Juding from the size of the world map, and that it took me close to 1.5 hours to get through one damn exceptionally hard quest last night, I am going to say this game is going to take months to get through.

thanks jmole! :D i'm gonna take my time with this pre-seer part. i need to read up that manual. i just jumped into the game and started doing quests, and haven't taken the time to really understand the world as of yet :unsure:

Buy an Identifying Kit from a Merchant in the city.

~

My character:

Mighty Ho

Female Warrior/Necromancer (11)

585861608[/snapback]

im a war/nec also. lvl 7 nearly 8.

whats your build? hehe

Is there a possibility of downloading the manual. Or will it go against copyright stuff?

They won't be losing a customer I'll still buy the game but I want to read it before I play.