XBOX 360 Specs fully leaked!

I need me some price ideas...

I can do alot of things with the money for this.

but the new xbl things sound sweet.

I wonder what the OS this baby runs on. Most likely Windows 2000/Windows XP based as before (and no, those are not tied to Intel platform. Just a recompile against the PPC HAL and voila), but still, hmmmm..

xbox360_white.jpeg

More Pics

I'm more excited to take a look at that motherboard underneath that baby! Rumors had it that Gates had a modded Xbox and loved the Xbox media center for those of you familiar with that. He loved the concept and wished he had thought of it. It looks the new 360 incorporates allot of those ideas...

/me PRAYING for backwards compatability.

I don't have an xbox and I've considered getting one just to play Halo 2, because it's never coming to PC :( if this thing plays the old games, I don't care how, I will be in line, taking the day off, foaming at the mouth, with fists full of bills in my hands.

585896564[/snapback]

same here (plz plz plz b backwards compatible)- good looking system =)

Hold your horses, Xbox 360 has not won the console war yet! gee you people, can't you at least wait till all 3 systems are out officially before deciding which will "decimate all"? Specs really mean nothing, cause been the weakest console of the current generation didn't stop the PS2 dominating the sales charts...the 1 year early start might of helped a bit though  :laugh: so I'm holding out for the games that these systems will have to offer...with that said I'll probally end up with a Xbox 360 and a PS3  :happy:

585897605[/snapback]

I'm suffering from that too... bye bye money~ :no:

waaa loooks sweet.

I bet its gonna cost us quite a bit! Getting one anyways :p

I wonder what the OS this baby runs on. Most likely Windows 2000/Windows XP based as before (and no, those are not tied to Intel platform. Just a recompile against the PPC HAL and voila), but still, hmmmm..

585898255[/snapback]

Just like the original XBOX it will be based on the NT architecture, and with the XNA development platform will be running a version of DirectX.

As you state the PPC architecture is nothing more than a recompile for the Subsystem technologies like the DirectX model and a revised HAL and recompiled NT kernel/core. WindowsNT architecture is not a Intel platform, never was, never has to be.

So basically just like the original XBox it will be running Windows, just the PPC version. Just as the original XBox was basically running a version of Windows 2000 in an embedded form.

Look for XBOX 360 technologies to also be evolved back into the upcoming versions of Windows, like the new DirectX and expanded Live support for PC gaming that interacts with the console market.

These have to be fake specs, right? Even the rumours I'd seen on cell showed an internal clockspeed (of certain units, not the 'main' CPU) of like 4GHz possibly (Intel used to double clock their FPU I think ages ago). Perhaps something similar for this? Plus, this sounds almost identical to the original rumours of it using a 3 core PPC970 chip. If so, I rather doubt Apple would have just released a single 2.7GHz 970 using the 970FX chip. A multi-core unit like this one would have to be a 970MP or something, and also have SMT on chip. Also, the heat density is so high on the 2.7GHz chips they need water cooling.

Oh well, I'm sure the specs will be great, but I think something is fudged here. And the FSB is bollocks, if it is elastic bus, it is like 1/2 or 1/3 of the CPU speed. Perhaps its some memory bandwidth spec, but not FSB.

what i want to know is why a 2 ghz G5 barebone is more expensive than a tri core 3.2 ghz G5 loaded, just shows you apple rips people off

585897876[/snapback]

just a few things.

1. how did you get to the 360's using G5's, i didnt see that in the leaked specs.

2. how did this become a apple bashing thread (some people will do anything to show they hate apple)

I also hate how the Apple bashing happens so often.

But, the specs seem fairly similar to something like a 3-Core 970MP, aside from the SMT that is implied by the specs (and the screwy FSB).

If it were a cell design, I think it would be a bit different and not have 3 VMX units, it'd have SPE and PPE instead (its early, I may be using the wrong acronyms).

just a few things.

1. how did you get to the 360's using G5's, i didnt see that in the leaked specs.

2. how did this become a apple bashing thread (some people will do anything to show they hate apple)

585899509[/snapback]

Looks like Microsoft is going in the right direction. Cannot wait to see this thing in action, I may actually switch from Sony to Microsoft.... :blink:

same here (plz plz plz b backwards compatible)- good looking system =)

585898580[/snapback]

I thought it had already been confirmed that it was backwards compatible?

i thought it was confirmed to be backwards compatible with X-BOX Live only.

the games in general weren't really confirmed, afaik. (there's LOTS of emulation to be done in order for that to work)

For all those that are saying:

"Oh man for so cheap you can buy this supercomputer (xbox 360), and i see people buy even less powerful computer for 5X the price, man they are ripping people off"

They are not ripping people off, consoles are sold at a huge loss, so that they can make money off the games, that is the only way they make thier profits.... or really just break even most of the time.

AMD, Intel, PC manufacturers are not making money off of games... that why they are sold at their regular prices.

This is not to say they don't overcharge on things, but that is why it costs more. The Xbox 360 is not worth only its retail price $300 or what ever, its probably worth $2000+ retail (not talking manufacturing cost)

even though im a n00b this shiat sounds amizing. im definately saving up for 1 of these babies even tho i never played on an xbox. microsoft all d way